Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Yeah look, if you ever needed to go to market in an off season and find some unexpected opportunities, this is a pretty good season to do so.

New coaches at clubs always equals “permission to talk to other clubs”. Typically it takes them 2 or 3 years to settle their roster.

New coach:
Eels
Rabbitohs
Dolphins

Entering coach’s second season:
Dragons
Titans
Tigers

Plenty of teams who would be wanting to reshape their squad. Surely there’s a decent unhappy second rower at one of those clubs.

I have no idea what exactly board members do day to day… but I assume they have to vote on some shit every now and then 🤣
Too busy ripping people off besides their fans and members🥸

The bloke on his 2 (or 3rd) knee reco, shouldn’t be asking for more money than Cleary. Good luck to him though, if someone is dumb enough to pay it
Don’t know what $$ clearys on but who the **** does this bloke think he is who has done absolute bugger all in the game to want that coin. Seriously wouldn’t be in the top 3 or 4 halfbacks

You keep saying this every two weeks- why would the Eels release him three years early?

Has he asked for a release?
I think I saw/heard on one of the talk shows that even though he signed for three years it has some of those crazy round ten get out options like fifita and Dylan Brown had. Could be wrong though

I think I saw/heard on one of the talk shows that even though he signed for three years it has some of those crazy round ten get out options like fifita and Dylan Brown had. Could be wrong though

That's the two years after the three years, he's locked in until end of 26 (signed in 23) he then has two years option until 28 in his favour.

He doesn't have to take 27 and 28 but unless the Eels release him, he's not going anywhere until 27.

As I have said before, a rookie coach would be off his head to start by releasing his halfback who he has locked in.

CM is reporting that we can't afford Campbell-Gillard and he will be staying in Sydney. Going by who has said no to him and who already have a set front row, it seems it is down to the Dogs, Manly, Panthers (unlikely), and Tigers.

Cant see much movement in the TOP 30 sadly... Kevvy thinks he has the talent "in the building already" Hope he is right or he is a dead man walking

Cant see much movement in the TOP 30 sadly... Kevvy thinks he has the talent "in the building already" Hope he is right or he is a dead man walking
All coaches (with the exception of Bellyache) are dead men walking. It’s only the distance they have to walk before the inevitable happens that varies. In Kevvie’s case his distance is much shorter than many of the current head coaches.

Assuming rcg is off the table, is there another option outside of Welch? Welch would be the definition of a name recognition panic signing to appease the fan base - bloke was at Baker levels of bad this year

Mat Croker would be a decent pick up IMO. He can play prop though I would use him more as an impact off the bench.

It would mean another year with Jensen as starting front row.

RCG isn't going to find anyone willing to pay $700k+

This ... It looks like he has priced himself out of every club by trying to get what he is in now.

I wouldn't rule him out yet. He may come back to us cap in hand when he can't find a club to pay him 775k a year.

If we were initially interested in a player like him, then I'd say we have some cash to spend for next season ... It will be interesting to see who else we chase

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • Skyblues87
  • Lurker
  • barker
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Spooky1013
  • Fitzy
  • spanky
  • thenry
  • ettybay
  • broncos4life
  • teampjta
  • Robboi_321
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.