Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Some recruitment decisions to ponder (given some of these guys are likely gettable if we really pushed even though they aren't right now):

Second-Row:
Bullemor, Lucas, P.Wiki, Lane, K.Haas, Eisenhuth x2

Backs:
Tuaimalo Vaega (there's your metre eating back), Chester, Purdue, Wilson, Opacic, J.Fifita, Montoya, Savage (I would so love to get him as one of our wings), Alamoti, Feagai, Tass, Perham, Ieremia

Middle:
Kamikamica, Palasia, Thompson, Eisenhuth x2, RCG, Croker, Knight, Stimson

Halfback (monitoring for 2026, potentially leave them in the current systems):
Sexton, Atkinson, Lewis, TMM, Clifford, Duffy, Pezet, Walker (not going to happen but listing anyway), Weaver

As an aside, you know who could be an interesting player to take a punt on - Valynce Te Whare. The guy has the size, speed and footwork to be an ideal 17 - can play middle, second-row and backs potentially and potentially being the operative word - hence describing him as a punt.

Who signed Paix for 325k?
Wtf seriously

Another of BHQs hindsight comments.

Back when he signed he was on track to becoming our number one hooker ... No one expected him to regress as far as he did.

Many people around here really wanted him to be selected as our starting hooker, and were upset he wasn't starting

Another of BHQs hindsight comments.

Back when he signed he was on track to becoming our number one hooker ... No one expected him to regress as far as he did.

Many people around here really wanted him to be selected as our starting hooker, and were upset he wasn't starting
Why are people so hung up on the opinions on others? Who cares what BHQ members thought in the past.
No one on the forum is accountable for signings. Yes some signings are hard to predict but the Broncos have way more misses than hits.
This was a terrible signing. That’s really the end of it.

This ... It looks like he has priced himself out of every club by trying to get what he is in now.

I wouldn't rule him out yet. He may come back to us cap in hand when he can't find a club to pay him 775k a year.

If we were initially interested in a player like him, then I'd say we have some cash to spend for next season ... It will be interesting to see who else we chase
What does that mean for the current contract he had at eels... has he decided to walk away from his current contract and now won't even get back to that price anyway?

I thought it was required that his contract had to be sitting on someone's salary cap... say he was on $650k at parra and then signs a new deal for $550k... that would mean the remaining $100k sits on parra's cap.

Or is it meant to be believed that his manager hasn't got any club lined up and told his client to walk away from guaranteed money???

As an aside, you know who could be an interesting player to take a punt on - Valynce Te Whare. The guy has the size, speed and footwork to be an ideal 17 - can play middle, second-row and backs potentially and potentially being the operative word - hence describing him as a punt.

Huge talent...freakish almost.

Dave Taylor syndrome.......does he want to be a NRL player?
He doesn't appear to want to do the hard work.

Pleasing to see he's still making the Dolphins run on QCup side.

It's been reported in the CM that Delouise Hoeter has received a 12 month extension for the 2025 season
**** sake... why?? is that a top 30 deal?

That's just R&R putting zero effort in ... no one was going to take Hoeter from us and we had no real plan to use him this year.

He's over 30yr, played less than 20 NRL games and is coming off an ACL tear... if they've signed him to a top 30 contract then that is a complete waste of a roster spot.

That's just R&R putting zero effort in ... no one was going to take Hoeter from us and we had no real plan to use him this year.

He's over 30yr, played less than 20 NRL games and is coming off an ACL tear... if they've signed him to a top 30 contract then that is a complete waste of a roster spot.
Wasn’t he injured most of the year? What do you mean we didn’t plan to use him?

It wouldn't be my first choice, that's for sure but he is experienced, even if at the lower level and has a good head on his shoulders. For minimum wage, it isn't the end of the world.

Why are people so hung up on the opinions on others? Who cares what BHQ members thought in the past.
No one on the forum is accountable for signings. Yes some signings are hard to predict but the Broncos have way more misses than hits.
This was a terrible signing. That’s really the end of it.
Foordy is only here to blindly defend everything the club does. It’s crazy ain’t it

Wasn’t he injured most of the year? What do you mean we didn’t plan to use him?
Oates was there as a back up, but if 15 game 30yr old Hoeter was our next man up for all the outside back spots, then I'm concerned about the planning for the squad.

Hoeter and Pereira played 1 game each in 2023... the reserve grade match vs storm in Rd 27... then suddenly they get elevated to next man up across the backline.

We don't have many roster spots available heading into next year and one of them is now taken up by Hoeter, who is coming into 2025 not having played NRL since basically 2022 and even then it was 7 games.

Extending him now when no one was after him.. I don't see the point...

Karapani is still unsigned for next year... are we done with him?? I'd prefer re-signing him over Hoeter

Do we know if Houeter is getting a top 30 or is it a train and trial ? Happy as a train and trial deal but reckon top 30 is too much.

Do we know if Houeter is getting a top 30 or is it a train and trial ? Happy as a train and trial deal but reckon top 30 is too much.
If it was development deal or train and trial that would be fine... pending how many development deal spots we have.

Top 30 contract... I think that's giving up too much for a guy that is basically unproven at NRL level to be our next man up in the backs.

Oates was there as a back up, but if 15 game 30yr old Hoeter was our next man up for all the outside back spots, then I'm concerned about the planning for the squad.

Hoeter and Pereira played 1 game each in 2023... the reserve grade match vs storm in Rd 27... then suddenly they get elevated to next man up across the backline.

We don't have many roster spots available heading into next year and one of them is now taken up by Hoeter, who is coming into 2025 not having played NRL since basically 2022 and even then it was 7 games.

Karapani is still unsigned for next year... are we done with him?? I'd prefer re-signing him over Hoeter

I'm not a huge fan of the Hoeter re-signing either but I'm not sure losing Karapani is that a big a loss. He has been pretty disappointing overall. Seems to be able to make metres but that's about it. Some REALLY bad passing and a total turnstile in defense.

I believe Karapini is following Briers to England.

Active Now

• theshed
  • marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.