Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

If it was development deal or train and trial that would be fine... pending how many development deal spots we have.

Top 30 contract... I think that's giving up too much for a guy that is basically unproven at NRL level to be our next man up in the backs.
Looks like it’s a top 30 deal for him.

I'm treating it as an anomaly..... his form vs the teams form kind of mirroring each other.

I still think Kobe has huge potential and we shouldn't be writing him off just yet.

TBF, I don't think the club is/has written him off. He wants to start and doesn't see an opportunity for that here, atm. Concerning that we've given him permission to negotiate though, meaning our current starters are viewed as good enough. The whole year has been odd though, I genuinely think Kobe has been effected by the whole teams performance. He's a far better player than he showed this year.

Some recruitment decisions to ponder (given some of these guys are likely gettable if we really pushed even though they aren't right now):

Second-Row:
Bullemor, Lucas, P.Wiki, Lane, K.Haas, Eisenhuth x2

Will cherry pick here...Bullemor literally left us for Sydney because of his uni degree and how the opportunities post football line up with that. He aint coming.

Another of BHQs hindsight comments.

Back when he signed he was on track to becoming our number one hooker ... No one expected him to regress as far as he did.

Many people around here really wanted him to be selected as our starting hooker, and were upset he wasn't starting

TBF, has he really regressed...or not been given the opportunity? The point is moot now but, there were numerous times there at the "start" where Smoothy and Billy should have copped a stint in Cup, giving Paix a shot, but never did.

TBF, I don't think the club is/has written him off. He wants to start and doesn't see an opportunity for that here, atm. Concerning that we've given him permission to negotiate though, meaning our current starters are viewed as good enough. The whole year has been odd though, I genuinely think Kobe has been effected by the whole teams performance. He's a far better player than he showed this year.

Will cherry pick here...Bullemor literally left us for Sydney because of his uni degree and how the opportunities post football line up with that. He aint coming.

TBF, has he really regressed...or not been given the opportunity? The point is moot now but, there were numerous times there at the "start" where Smoothy and Billy should have copped a stint in Cup, giving Paix a shot, but never did.
Didn't Paix have some kind of spit at Kev and that was the end of him?

I'm not a huge fan of the Hoeter re-signing either but I'm not sure losing Karapani is that a big a loss. He has been pretty disappointing overall. Seems to be able to make metres but that's about it. Some REALLY bad passing and a total turnstile in defense.
I love Karapani. He’s exactly what a low value contract should be. Some old journeymen and some rando player with rough edges

More a 13 in my analysis .
Which I have stated previously . Could play a role as link man not a 1st receiver .
Yes possibly although I'm not suggesting he is anything other than our long term 9 just that he looks like he knows exactly what he's doing when he has to get into first or second receiver during the run of play which is more than I can say for Ezras passing game.

Apparently a QLD is chasing Ben Hunt after he copped a massive spray in their end of season review

Oh really? Genuinely don't remember that tbh. Anyone?

Probably dared to disagree with something Kev said. Seemingly it's a death sentence.
Smokin' Cult broke the story.

Seems like he was right about a few things.

Tell you what though, if we could get Hunt to play 9, I'd take that and yes, I know we have 900 9s already.

Would happily take it as well but the guy that would have to miss out won't be missing out.

I'll take another year of Billy if it means Mozer long term thanks. Shouldn't have to settle for that, in the situation you've outlined, but I would.

Tell you what though, if we could get Hunt to play 9, I'd take that and yes, I know we have 900 9s already.

we'll never get Hunt to play 9 at club level ... he doesn't want to and doesn't have to as there are clubs that will play him in the halves.

it's a bit like the Bellamy delusion. people keep hoping and praying and trying to will into existence Bellamy coaching us, but hell never coach anyone but the Melbourne Storm. he isn't Bennett, he has no interest in coaching until he is 900. (I also don't think he cares if people question his legacy because he has never coached elsewhere)

we'll never get Hunt to play 9 at club level ... he doesn't want to and doesn't have to as there are clubs that will play him in the halves.

it's a bit like the Bellamy delusion. people keep hoping and praying and trying to will into existence Bellamy coaching us, but hell never coach anyone but the Melbourne Storm. he isn't Bennett, he has no interest in coaching until he is 900. (I also don't think he cares if people question his legacy because he has never coached elsewhere)

I know it would never happen but is a nice dream to think he could come back for a season at 9 and go out a winner redeeming 2015.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • mrtij
  • Gaz
  • marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.