Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Apparently a QLD is chasing Ben Hunt after he copped a massive spray in their end of season review
Heard a 3 way player swap with B.Smith out for some of next year Roosters are trying to get Verrells back and Hunt goes to the Titans.
But the Dragons need someone.. maybe the Roosters give the Dragons Townsend to link back up with Flanno.

We had to choose Herbie or Staggs and Staggs was already signed.
Herbie would have had to take significant unders to 850k.
As much as I preferred Herbie I don't think he would have taken a big haircut on that to stay no matter how much love he was shown.
Unlike many other players, I never had a problem with Herbie's hairstyle. His salary though, that's where the issue was.

Star centre Kotoni Staggs, off-contract at the end of 2025, is among the players still yet to be signed beyond the end of next year, and would be free to go to the open market on November 1.

However, News Corp are reporting Staggs and his management have told the Broncos that they are happy to hang around at the club beyond the end of 2025, with the centre having no interest in testing the open market from November 1.

But only if the Broncos actually come to the star with an offer before that date.

As it stands, the Broncos are yet to table an offer to retain Staggs beyond the end of 2025

If this is true, what exactly do our R&R team actually get paid to do?

Star centre Kotoni Staggs, off-contract at the end of 2025, is among the players still yet to be signed beyond the end of next year, and would be free to go to the open market on November 1.

However, News Corp are reporting Staggs and his management have told the Broncos that they are happy to hang around at the club beyond the end of 2025, with the centre having no interest in testing the open market from November 1.

But only if the Broncos actually come to the star with an offer before that date.

As it stands, the Broncos are yet to table an offer to retain Staggs beyond the end of 2025

Who the **** knows... but Hoeter and Taupau have got new deals....

Meanwhile free agents as of Nov 1

Reece Walsh
Kotoni Staggs
Selwyn Cobbo
Adam Reynolds
Xavier Willison
Blake Mozer
Corey Jensen
Tyson Smoothy
Fletcher Baker
Cory Paix
Jaiyden Hunt
Jack Gosiewski
Israel Leota

Oh and Hoeter and Taupau will also be free agents as of Nov 1 as well

Who the **** knows... but Hoeter and Taupau have got new deals....

Meanwhile free agents as of Nov 1

Reece Walsh
Kotoni Staggs
Selwyn Cobbo
Adam Reynolds
Xavier Willison
Blake Mozer

Corey Jensen
Tyson Smoothy
Fletcher Baker
Cory Paix
Jaiyden Hunt
Jack Gosiewski
Israel Leota

Oh and Hoeter and Taupau will also be free agents as of Nov 1 as well

The bolded are definite retains (Reyno retires after 2025 anyway I reckon), the rest I could not give less of a toss about.

I’ve heard Smoothy is off to the chooks potentially .

I still maintain that then currently the best hooker at our club but given the squad it would be good to get at least one hooker not named Mozer off our books

So he wants a offer on the table before Nov 1 so if it's not good enough he can test the market Nov 1.

I’ve heard Smoothy is off to the chooks potentially .

I still maintain that then currently the best hooker at our club but given the squad it would be good to get at least one hooker not named Mozer off our books
Of course... get rid of the guy who provides a bit of squad flexibility... I liked what I saw when he played some lock early in the year, but nah let's get rid of him

Our R&R team is a joke. They haven’t improved us in anyway for 3 seasons. Utter rubbish. Walsh falling into our lap is the only meaningful signing we’ve had while we’ve also lost a ton of talented
Goes back even further than that imo.. apart from Adam Reynolds (who the club shouldn’t have needed to go and get if their recruitment, planning in the years prior hadn’t been so abysmal), the Broncos have been passive bottom feeders for pretty much as long our premiership drought..

Milford & Folau fell into their lap

Goes back even further than that imo.. apart from Adam Reynolds (who the club shouldn’t have needed to go and get if their recruitment, planning in the years prior hadn’t been so abysmal), the Broncos have been passive bottom feeders for pretty much as long our premiership drought..

Milford & Folau fell into their lap
It’s a disaster really. We’re the biggest club in the comp but have this weird softcock small club mentality. I wish we were as aggressive as the Roosters are.

Smoothy and Mozer should be the hooking rotation moving forward.
Was saying this at the start of the year and the amount of shit I copped on this forum was immense.

I’ve always felt Smoothy is quite underrated too. Smoothy & Mozer much calmer, better service, more natural dummy halves.

Billy is rigid & Frantic.

Active Now

• marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.