Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

It’s a disaster really. We’re the biggest club in the comp but have this weird softcock small club mentality. I wish we were as aggressive as the Roosters are.
Hey, but at least they still hold the club presentation night after the grand final .. because ‘we expect to be pushing for premierships every year’ 🙄

Goes back even further than that imo.. apart from Adam Reynolds (who the club shouldn’t have needed to go and get if their recruitment, planning in the years prior hadn’t been so abysmal), the Broncos have been passive bottom feeders for pretty much as long our premiership drought..

Milford & Folau fell into their lap
How did Folau fall into the Broncos lap?

I wouldn't consider Folau a good signing either. A great talent sure, but at what cost?

Of course... get rid of the guy who provides a bit of squad flexibility... I liked what I saw when he played some lock early in the year, but nah let's get rid of him
We've got so many underwhelming 9's that I don't mind who goes (besides Mozer ofc), just get them off the books.

How did Folau fall into the Broncos lap?

I wouldn't consider Folau a good signing either. A great talent sure, but at what cost?
Because like Milford, he only came here for family reasons .. I think it was even reported that the broncos had basically stopped pursuing him until his manager called the broncos to say he wanted to sign

Because like Milford, he only came here for family reasons .. I think it was even reported that the broncos had basically stopped pursuing him until his manager called the broncos to say he wanted to sign
Folau had family here, but it was widely reported that the Broncos gave him 1.6 million good reasons to sign with the club.

400K p.a. when the cap was barely over 4 million, it was a crazy deal, especially since he spent so much time on the wing.

Our roster really is poor. Probably only 5 players id be highly annoyed at leaving.

Walsh
Carrigan
Haas
Mam
Mozer.

If others want to live they can hit the road. Our standards needs to be higher. You can either cope with what being a Broncos player is or you can leave.

What does that have to do with him leaving? Am I missing something here?
Plenty of noise that young players aren’t handling the hype and fame in Brisbane. If it’s gonna be one guy it’s gonna be Walsh. Managers advising the young players to head to other clubs with less stardom and expectation.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dexter
  • Johnny92
  • marw
  • upthebroncs
  • BooKhaki
  • Battler
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.