Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I think people are forgetting how good Horse was last year. He may as well be Lazarus when compared to the absolute spuds we got this year in Baker, Hunt, and Gosi. I still hope we get Kaas because he can cover 2rf, but Horse on 400k or under would be really good business.
He can play backrow aswell, did it alot last year.

There is also the list of players who we can already talk to as well.

There is but not much you'd be bending over backwards for. Pretty much just Klese Haas and maybe Brodie Jones plus Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega purely for a depth/fringe winger.

I personally hope we go for him ... Soley to watch BHQ turn on him 10 seconds after he gets here.

People around these parts were off him right up until the time he suited up for a rival ... Especially when we played him in the back row which is the position in the forwards we need to strengthen
Oh really? Weren't you one of them?

I personally hope we go for him ... Soley to watch BHQ turn on him 10 seconds after he gets here.

People around these parts were off him right up until the time he suited up for a rival ... Especially when we played him in the back row which is the position in the forwards we need to strengthen
I recall differently.

I recall people being unimpressed with him when he first started getting a run (I was definitely one of them) but as the season wore on I think most were more than happy for him to be in the 17 and no one begrudged him getting a bigger contract down the road.

I'm sure if he came back and performed like pus people would react similarly, but I think most would be happy to give him a chance to re-establish his value for us.

No one would have cared if he didn't improve dramatically in 23 especially as backup Lock, he never really could play backrow he was only useful as a middle.

If we got him back it would be at the expense of Marty.
I only really saw him as a third prop when it came to his games at lock.

Not sure he's out there able to put Willison away like Patty did against cows.

If that's the case we're getting him pretty much as a prop that can maybe play a little second row... to the same extent that Palasia could play second row

I'm probably content with Haas, Willison, Jensen and BTK if that's the case.

The plan might be as a Jensen replacement to be a workhorse prop but younger.... that might come at a higher price tag though

Do any of you even watch games? Corey was awful in origin last year and literally can’t make an underperforming QLD side. Not to mention he cries every chance he gets.

I only really saw him as a third prop when it came to his games at lock.

Not sure he's out there able to put Willison away like Patty did against cows.

If that's the case we're getting him pretty much as a prop that can maybe play a little second row.

I'm probably content with Haas, Willison, Jensen and BTK if that's the case.

The plan might be as a Jensen replacement to be a workhorse prop but younger.... that might come at a higher price tag though
Palasia was definitely a Ball player though, the Cowboys game in the later rounds of last year was probably his best game.

It allowed us to keep our Ball playing options from lock open all game and not rely on Patty doing 70 plus minutes.

I think if we give Marty another season then it makes little sense to sign him, need a Middle who can cover Edge more than anything else regarding forwards atm.

There is but not much you'd be bending over backwards for. Pretty much just Klese Haas and maybe Brodie Jones plus Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega purely for a depth/fringe winger.
What about my boy Matty Croker!!!

hot mess i give up GIF

Palasia was definitely a Ball player though, the Cowboys game in the later rounds of last year was probably his best game.

It allowed us to keep our Ball playing options from lock open all game and not rely on Patty doing 70 plus minutes.

I think if we give Marty another season then it makes little sense to sign him, need a Middle who can cover Edge more than anything else regarding forwards atm.
I was only talking about Palasia purely on the edge... which I wasnt a fan of... refer to the cows game last year when he was on an edge and getting torched.

I think his ball playing improved, but Kevvie has shown that he can get a bit of ball playing into our middles... Patty, Payne and Palasia... Kobe seems allergic to it though.

I've not seen much ball playing from Horse, but also havent seen him in awhile.

To me he's probably a slight upgrade on Jensen, but he'll come at a higher price

Do any of you even watch games? Corey was awful in origin last year and literally can’t make an underperforming QLD side. Not to mention he cries every chance he gets.

Have you seen the state of current league? Can't blame people for not wanting to torture themselves but watching this trash.

Do you? He hasn’t played any footy this year to make the side. What are you going on about? As for being awful in origin I don’t remember it being anything atrocious and it is at ORIGIN. It’s not like Payne has ever lit up origin and he is our highest paid and traditionally most consistent player.

There’s some risk to Horsburgh and whilst we are tight under cap that’s a good enough argument alone to say you don’t want him but the dribble you just came up with aren’t relevant, true or good reasons at all.

Our recruitment is fucking terrible. Corey is shithouse. Was found out in origin last year and has barely been able to crack first grade since. He’s overweight, slow and literally a cry baby. Why would we want him
It’ll be fletcher baker all over again

Our recruitment is fucking terrible. Corey is shithouse. Was found out in origin last year and has barely been able to crack first grade since. He’s overweight, slow and literally a cry baby. Why would we want him
He landed a clean 1-2 punch combo on someone in reserve grade. that player just stood and smiled.

Oh really? Weren't you one of them?

not really.

I was happy we didn't go near the Titans offer. although I did think he offered us ok depth in the prop / middle forward positions.

I'm also not calling for us to rush out and re-sign him either. in fact I think Big Red from the Raiders is a much better option, he offers us something different to most of our pack.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.