Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Ativalu Lisati looked good when he played for Storm last week. A mid season signing from Panthers. He’s 23 years old and been in two great systems now. As far as I can see he’s off contract after this year. Worth trying to sign in my opinion.

Ativalu Lisati looked good when he played for Storm last week. A mid season signing from Panthers. He’s 23 years old and been in two great systems now. As far as I can see he’s off contract after this year. Worth trying to sign in my opinion.
I’m starting to see a trend…

He was at Ipswich State High when he went to Penrith, he was so fast at high school. I agree did well last week on debut.

I have just read Cory Paix and Kobe Hetherington are paid a combined salary of $700,000 per year. Is this true? Surely not! No wonder you are trying to get rid of both of them. Ridiculous salary cap waste right there for heavens sake.

I have just read Cory Paix and Kobe Hetherington are paid a combined salary of $700,000 per year. Is this true? Surely not! No wonder you are trying to get rid of both of them. Ridiculous salary cap waste right there for heavens sake.

Yes likely to be true. We bought high and they've re-paid low. Our R&R team are useless. Now throw in Baker on to that who would also be on 3-400k and we're already starting a million behind everyone else in three spuds.

Almost none of the other big wage players except Carrigan have lived up to their price tag this year as well, albeit some like Walsh and Haas due to injury.

Yes likely to be true. We bought high and they've re-paid low. Our R&R team are useless. Now throw in Baker on to that who would also be on 3-400k and we're already starting a million behind everyone else in three spuds.

Almost none of the other big wage players except Carrigan have lived up to their price tag this year as well, albeit some like Walsh and Haas due to injury.
And I thought Souths were the masters at roster mis-management haha. Well that is pretty grim. I mean, I don't watch all your games but from what I've seen of him, what has Paix ever done to warrant that kind of money. He looks like a Cup player at best. You're right though, get rid of those 2 muppets and you've got enough for a topline forward. Heck, you coulda got Angus Crighton with that money.

The Tele article written by Badel also says Tevita Pangai begged to come back and play for you but there was only $150,000 in the salary cap left and the recruitment team decided to go for Jack Gosiewski instead, even though Tevita said he was happy with that amount. Awful decision in hindsight.

And I thought Souths were the masters at roster mis-management haha. Well that is pretty grim. I mean, I don't watch all your games but from what I've seen of him, what has Paix ever done to warrant that kind of money. He looks like a Cup player at best. You're right though, get rid of those 2 muppets and you've got enough for a topline forward. Heck, you coulda got Angus Crighton with that money.

The Tele article written by Badel also says Tevita Pangai begged to come back and play for you but there was only $150,000 in the salary cap left and the recruitment team decided to go for Jack Gosiewski instead, even though Tevita said he was happy with that amount. Awful decision in hindsight.

With the TPJ one, you can understand it though at the time. Obviously, hindsight has probably proven it to be another bad decision but even then, maybe not. As good as he can be, he is also a divisive influence if not kept in check and we don't have the mature, smart players Redcliffe do to keep him in check. Additionally, he'd been out of the game for a few months at that stage and was a risk anyway.

I can understand going with Gosiewski given he was borderline top 17 at the Cows, so a plug and play type player from the get go given we already had a million injuries. Given how bad our season turned out, I'm not sure TPJ would have been happy and we know how corruptive an unhappy TPJ can be.

With the TPJ one, you can understand it though at the time. Obviously, hindsight has probably proven it to be another bad decision but even then, maybe not. As good as he can be, he is also a divisive influence if not kept in check and we don't have the mature, smart players Redcliffe do to keep him in check. Additionally, he'd been out of the game for a few months at that stage and was a risk anyway.

I can understand going with Gosiewski given he was borderline top 17 at the Cows, so a plug and play type player from the get go given we already had a million injuries. Given how bad our season turned out, I'm not sure TPJ would have been happy and we know how corruptive an unhappy TPJ can be.
Very true mate on TPJ. Although the article does say Reno, Carrigan and Haas were urging the club/Walters to sign him up. Makes you wonder if those 3 were a bit put out when they went with the Cowboys muppet instead. He certainly didn't prove to be any benefit on the field to the team in the 1 or 2 games he played.

Very true mate on TPJ. Although the article does say Reno, Carrigan and Haas were urging the club/Walters to sign him up. Makes you wonder if those 3 were a bit put out when they went with the Cowboys muppet instead. He certainly didn't prove to be any benefit on the field to the team in the 1 or 2 games he played.

Well I'm not paying to read anything from Badel so no idea what he said.

Hard to do a whole lot with the roster when a third of the top 30 is taken up by halves/hookers (and most them average ones at that). No wonder we are so thin in some areas. They've gotta get some of these guys off the books somehow.

Hard to do a whole lot with the roster when a third of the top 30 is taken up by halves/hookers (and most them average ones at that). No wonder we are so thin in some areas. They've gotta get some of these guys off the books somehow.
Player swaps?? No “sane” team wants them and the ones that would, have nothing to offer in return 😔

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • cento
  • kiwibronco
  • theshed
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Gaz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.