Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Yeah there's pretty well no chance as we've seen with Paix.
I know, it’s fucked. Even the players in question know they won’t get a go anywhere else unless it’s park footy, so they’ll milk it for all it’s worth… if they’re smart, they’re setting up for life after footy

Recruiting some hard working types from England would be a very good option I reckon.

Like the two Poms at Raiders and Tigers ?
If you can`t find 2 blokes in Australia who can out play those guys , then the talent pool is very shallow .

The Roosters are probably short a hooker now that dick cheese is injured for some time. They've got Watson, but he will need to cover lock during Radley's suspensions (lol). Pls Roosters, take Paix with immediate effect ffs

I know, it’s fucked. Even the players in question know they won’t get a go anywhere else unless it’s park footy, so they’ll milk it for all it’s worth… if they’re smart, they’re setting up for life after footy
Yeah. We had a number of them on our roster and then they went an extended Rogers, which imo is looking like a bad move (unless they are confident they can move Madden on). Rogers might be slightly better but both are extremely average, and if Reynolds is out we are screwed anyway whoever they go with. It just crammed another average spine player into our roster when we are so light on elsewhere.

The Roosters are probably short a hooker now that dick cheese is injured for some time. They've got Watson, but he will need to cover lock during Radley's suspensions (lol). Pls Roosters, take Paix with immediate effect ffs

They can't the deadline has passed but they could take him for next year and given Smith is likely to miss a chunk of next year, it would be worth them considering and given Paix's contract is ending next year, it would be in his interest to consider any option that comes along if he wants to have any shot at NRL at all.

They can't the deadline has passed but they could take him for next year and given Smith is likely to miss a chunk of next year, it would be worth them considering and given Paix's contract is ending next year, it would be in his interest to consider any option that comes along if he wants to have any shot at NRL at all.
Sorry yes I should have mentioned for next year. Now that 2024 is dead I am forgetting it existed (and I want it over with so badly)

Only problem is he’ll free up $700,000 in salary cap space when they release him at the end of his term there

Like the two Poms at Raiders and Tigers ?
If you can`t find 2 blokes in Australia who can out play those guys , then the talent pool is very shallow .

I'm struggling to think of any Aussie prop that plays like Lees.

And I thought Souths were the masters at roster mis-management haha. Well that is pretty grim. I mean, I don't watch all your games but from what I've seen of him, what has Paix ever done to warrant that kind of money. He looks like a Cup player at best. You're right though, get rid of those 2 muppets and you've got enough for a topline forward. Heck, you coulda got Angus Crighton with that money.

The Tele article written by Badel also says Tevita Pangai begged to come back and play for you but there was only $150,000 in the salary cap left and the recruitment team decided to go for Jack Gosiewski instead, even though Tevita said he was happy with that amount. Awful decision in hindsight.
Problem was nominal value iirc with tpj was it not?

Paix doesn't want to go. He had offers before from Sydney clubs and rejected them.

Paix doesn't want to go. He had offers before from Sydney clubs and rejected them.

He wont get anyone to match his current contract and we wont chip in to get him off the books so its a bit of a stalemate. We will be stuk with him for another 12 months or so.

He wont get anyone to match his current contract and we wont chip in to get him off the books so its a bit of a stalemate. We will be stuk with him for another 12 months or so.
The club is more than willing to chip in to **** him off and have been for a while. He just flat out refuses to leave.

I remember when Paix was talked up as our golden boy star half before we turned him into a hooker. Probably worth remembering when talking up Coby Black as the next big thing.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Shane Tronc
  • ostin86
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Xzei
  • mystico
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.