Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

presumably brings the experience and toughness we are missing, not sure he’s exactly what we need though.

2 year deal, at the expense of Hetherington and Baker is a pretty good trade imo.

Broncos fans want the club to potentially make the type of experienced signing fans have been screaming out for, even if it comes at the expense of some of the kids who are clearly not yet ready.

Nek minut

Fans are upset the Broncos are potentially making a mistake by signing an experienced player that might potentially come at the expense of some of the kids who aren't ready.
Maybe we can offer him a jersey that fits over his guts unlike the eels

Meanwhile we seem to want to get slower and less mobile.
I feel like this craze over light middles is going to backfire on clubs who go all in. All it takes is one reactionary tweak to/ interpretation of the rules to slow the game down (which could easily happen given the amount of hammy injuries this year) and suddenly your middles are getting monstered.

Not to mention that finals matches will be slower than regular season fixtures because of refs being terrified of blowing penalties.

Edit: The rorters, riff, and storm pack aren’t exactly tiny. They have one or two players who fit the bill, but they aren’t littered with sub-100kg middles like the dogs

Plus, the awful Fletcher Baker is rumoured to be heading back to Sydney next year so whatever money was wasted on him, put it straight into the RCG deal. It's a no brainer really. RCG will be snapped up by someone. At least Kevvie has identified a weakness and is getting on the front foot.

Haas, Carrigan, RCG, Willison, Te Kura. That is a massive, top 5 forward pack right there.
If you’re gonna keep hanging around with all the goss you should change your name to Redhill_1980

My thoughts on RCG are still the same as when it was raised a few weeks back in another thread.

I'm not a big fan of it if he's asking for big money.... and +$600k is starter money... at 32 and for 3yrs... oof

Jensen averaged more meters than RCG this year... are we wanting to pay more for a slightly older prop when Willison is looking like he's pretty much ready to make the jump to the next level.

I don't really think starting calibre props are our issue with Haas, Willison and Jensen on the books already... Patty is another starting calibre prop if we can find a ballplaying lock... which I would prefer over another prop. Not wanting to move Patty to prop, just wanting more depth at lock.

Edge forward is what we need more than anything and I think Riki can be a middle forward as well if we find a starting calibre second rower.

Assuming Kobe and Baker both go, then I think we need to replace at least one of them with another middle, but I'm not sure we need to spend $600k on that replacement.

My thoughts on RCG are still the same as when it was raised a few weeks back in another thread.

I'm not a big fan of it if he's asking for big money.... and +$600k is starter money... at 32 and for 3yrs... oof

Jensen averaged more meters than RCG this year... are we wanting to pay more for a slightly older prop when Willison is looking like he's pretty much ready to make the jump to the next level.

I don't really think starting calibre props are our issue with Haas, Willison and Jensen on the books already... Patty is another starting calibre prop if we can find a ballplaying lock... which I would prefer over another prop. Not wanting to move Patty to prop, just wanting more depth at lock.

Edge forward is what we need more than anything and I think Riki can be a middle forward as well if we find a starting calibre second rower.

Assuming Kobe and Baker both go, then I think we need to replace at least one of them with another middle, but I'm not sure we need to spend $600k on that replacement.
I don't get this anti-size and anti-middle thing going on in the comments. Game after game after game this year teams dominated us in the middle and we couldn't get out of our end.

Yes we do need depth and options for the edge, with a proprity on defensive edge players. But we need a big intimidator and a metre making back just as much. We don't need a world beater on the edge, we just need someone to put pressure on our 2 edge players who obviously have talent yet lack brains and had little to no pressure put on their spots.

I think we missed an absolutely perfect pick with euan aitken, we missed another one with jeral skelton, and now I'm hearing rcg is an option I think he would be perfect for what we need. It doesn't mean we don't need the other 2 gaps filled though.

I think our clean out is just as portent but we need to make sure we don't get rid of players unless there is a better option. Hethrington is awesome but we got pushed back and dominated in the middle 90% of the time. Jensen is great too, and a bargain, but in how many premiership winning teams of the past decade do have him as a starting prop in? He'd be great off the bench, with willison and an edge/2nd rower (haas, stimson, fitzgibbon, I got no idea here)

NRL 2024 you make metres out of your own end with ur back 5. It's the Panther's blueprint.
600K and 3 years seems too much for his age & RCGs not the player he was 2 years ago. Welch even more so.
300-400K prop and find a 2RF and metre-eating winger.

Absolutely hate the talk about RCG. We don't need middles. Who is he going to be taking minutes from? Haas, Jensen, Carrigan, Willison, Te Kura and Kobe is more than enough. Spending big money on a big prop is such a stupid thing when we already have so many big units.

Sign some fucking back rowers who know how to tackle.

Absolutely hate the talk about RCG. We don't need middles. Who is he going to be taking minutes from? Haas, Jensen, Carrigan, Willison, Te Kura and Kobe is more than enough. Spending big money on a big prop is such a stupid thing when we already have so many big units.

Sign some fucking back rowers who know how to tackle.
And know how to be a threat to a defensive line.
Once Reynolds or Mam have a option that's a threat as a second rower there's a good chance it's going to take some pressure off Walsh and getting his head taken.

RCG at the right price is definitely a smart move ... We really missed that 3rd middle this year (not to mention the one who had some aggression about him).

I've said before that Flegler was by far out biggest loss, and it gave the opportunity for opposition packs to bully ours ... RCG would go some way towards fixing that.

I'm also happy we re-signed Marty, given he's recent performances, he'll be a handy depth option and a great person to have around our boys st training.

Although, the happiest person about Marty re-signing is the Lang Park ground announcer, who shouts "kapow" everytime Marty touches the damn ball

Broncos fans: We need a middle with aggression and to stop running Haas and Carrigan into the ground by playing them for such long minutes

Also Broncos fans: We are we trying to sign a middle with aggression that will take minutes away from Haas and Carrigan?!!

Another thing about the Welch rumour is that he has found a head knock in his career which is of concern. I like him as a footballer but not keen if he’s not coming at a depth player price tag.

Same goes with RCG. If he’s cheap great but it’s he’s after $600k it’s not good for the balance of our squad.

If we want aggression we might need Payne to fire up like someone stood on his white shoes and earn his price tag.

Another thing about the Welch rumour is that he has found a head knock in his career which is of concern. I like him as a footballer but not keen if he’s not coming at a depth player price tag.

Same goes with RCG. If he’s cheap great but it’s he’s after $600k it’s not good for the balance of our squad.

If we want aggression we might need Payne to fire up like someone stood on his white shoes and earn his price tag.

Maybe this is why we’ve sought RCG, he might be the designated shoe stomper.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • BruiserMk1
  • The True King
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Shane Tronc
  • porouian
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.