Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Broncos fans: We need a middle with aggression and to stop running Haas and Carrigan into the ground by playing them for such long minutes

Also Broncos fans: We are we trying to sign a middle with aggression that will take minutes away from Haas and Carrigan?!!
Leo Thompson is off contract end of 2025... knights won't want to lose him, but they're struggling cap wise. I don't think that's an easy get though, and if teams found out he's available a bidding war would ensue.

I've said before that I wouldn't mind Frizell... looks like he has a PO for next year... unsure if it's been activated, but that basically means he's a free agent right now if it hasn't.

Plays 80mins on the edge and is still a good player out there, and as he gets older he can play in the middle off the bench in that 17 role.

He's not a middle, but puts pressure on Riki and Piakura. I think Riki can play in the middle anyway as he's big enough for it. Piakura's front on defence is strong so he could spend time in the middle as well.

I don't think Piakura's future is in the middle, but Robinson will often look to play his forwards across the edge and the middle so they've got experience in both positions and the team has options if there are injuries. Also increases their value off the bench if they can play both positions.

We would never do it but you know what would be interesting if we get RCG would be this:

8. RCG
10. XMan
11. Piakura
12. Carrigan
13. Haas

15. Taupau
16. Te Kura/Jensen
17. Riki

We would never do it but you know what would be interesting if we get RCG would be this:

8. RCG
10. XMan
11. Piakura
12. Carrigan
13. Haas

15. Taupau
16. Te Kura/Jensen
17. Riki
Add in a backline of:

1 Staggs
2 Reynolds
3 Walsh
4 Mam
5 Rogers
6 Mariner
7 Cobbo

and we might create so much confusion we could beat the Storm

We need middles with mongrel. That's been abundantly clear this year.
Mongrel. Aggression. Fear. Some of the most over-used buzz words. Having mongrel in the middle won't help our paper thin defence on the edge and out wide. It won't stop our dumb plays on tackle 1. We have one of the best rotations of middle forwards in the comp. We don't need to strengthen it.

8. RCG
10. XMan
11. Piakura
12. Carrigan
13. Haas

15. Taupau
16. Te Kura/Jensen
17. Riki
This is one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Genuinely. The Billy Maddison meme comes to mind.

8. RCG
10. XMan
11. Piakura
12. Carrigan
13. Haas

15. Taupau
16. Te Kura/Jensen
17. Riki

Moving Carrigan to the back row would just give BHQ something else to whinge about.

You know it to be true

8. RCG
10. XMan
11. Piakura
12. Carrigan
13. Haas

15. Taupau
16. Te Kura/Jensen
17. Riki
I dont really think Patty excels all that much on the edge to be moving him there permanently.

He can run a line, but that's mainly because he's a smart footballer... but I dont think his lateral is good enough. He's been caught out when playing there before, specifically when he has to check the inside man and then cover the fullback sweeping.

Our edge is by far our biggest weakness and it looks like we aren't going to address it. We need someone good enough to compete with Riki and Piakura because they were both so poor.

I have little confidence in our R&R team as well but our season has only just finished. I am hoping they are wheeling and dealing behind the scenes.

I have little confidence in our R&R team as well but our season has only just finished. I am hoping they are wheeling and dealing behind the scenes.
Lets hope so. While I appreciate us needing help in the middle I would of thought that was our least critical area given our shortcomings elsewhere.

I like the Welch idea and hope we get him. We are back to being a basket case, we clearly need some leaders to raise standards again and some players with a brain and he ticks both boxes. He played 25 games last year, 17 this year, avg over 100 metres and 170m in his last hit out. I don't think he's playing poorly at all.

Shame about Horsburgh, I've never thought of him as an enforcer but more an effort player which we also need.

Eels have just confirmed RCG will not be with their club in 2025. Signing shooutout between Broncos and Tigers for his signature. RCG will be desperate for a premiership after watching his old Panthers team win 3 in a row. Tigers are no chance of that. I would say almost certain now he will be at Brisbane next season.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • jd87
  • jarro65
  • GCBRONCO
  • phoenix
  • Sproj
  • mitch222
  • Stix
  • scobie
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • kiwibronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Justwin
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.