Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

This is what Billy Slater said about the Walsh deal (and Walsh in general):

“I think it’s a great deal for the Broncos,”

“I think it’s really good for Reece too. He’s close to his family. He’s settled in Brisbane. He could have got another $200k to 300k a year somewhere else, but he wants to play for the Broncos. I think it’s a great deal all round for everyone.”

“He’s 22 years old and played 75 NRL games - the next 125 games will be with the Broncos and that will be the best period of his career.

“I’ve worked closely with Reece, he’s got a great work ethic. He’s a very respectful young man - he has got a perception out there that he’s a bit of a larrikin and likes the limelight, but he works really hard and he loves the game of footy.

“The great thing for the Broncos is that you’ve got this young star who wants to be a Bronco — imagine how many clubs out there would love Reece Walsh.”

Andrew Johns said:

“It’s a steal. It’s an absolute steal. If he stays on the field,”

Brad Fittler said:

“From the Broncos’ point of view, it’s a bargain.”

You need big name players to attract good depth to the club. If he is in principle signed, then we have some decent ones in Walsh, Mam, Carrigan and Haas. Where our R&R have struggled even more than this in recent times is getting the below superstar signings right.
You’d think if blokes were going to play for a bit less it would be at our club. The best facilities and all the best perks a club can legally provide. It’s a shame that it doesn’t seem to be working that way.

Walsh wouldn't take less because he (and the rest of the team) had a bad few months since it was rumoured he was about to re-sign.

No fool would come to the table and sign that. You'd just go to the open market.

Just like all wealthy PAYG tax payers they get smashed on tax

There are some ways to reduce it but none are particularly effective if you want to make use of the money now

Yeah management fees are tax deductible
At that income level, you can afford great advice, and it's also a tax deduction. The wealthy get wealthier for that reason.

The average Joe on his 100k can't.

Out taxation system needs an overhaul. It would take a lot of heat out of housing. If we got rid of negative gearing, and capital gains discounts, it'd be interesting. The gains to the ATO could be used to subsidize the huge rent increases in the short term.

Property prices will plummet. Back to Reece Walsh.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Rambstien
  • Mustafur
  • Tmac
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Alec
  • Xzei
  • Dreaglor
  • Broncosgirl
  • mystico
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.