Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Just on Badel stating we should sign Walker for 10 years on $1.2 million per year

I would never sign any player for 10 years, 4 or 5 years is the absolute most o would offer, but IMO, 3 years is the sweet spot for most players.

I'm all for getting Walker to the club, but I'm not sold on her s ability to be a game managing halfback, so I'd go a short contract initially, especially because of the money required to lure him from the Rorters.

And what happens if his knee goes again? You end up with a Tino situation. What happens if Black turns out to be as good as he looks like might be as well?

Walker ain’t it…. We have two of the spine who currently play eyes up footy, we don’t need a third, it would be an even bigger disaster than what it became this year. Trying to score off every play….

Black has the skills we need. He needs time to develop though. And if he plays first grade in 2025, it needs to be next to Reynolds, not Mam, which is hard.

Kick, pass, make your tackles. Perfectly. That is all he needs to do, and can do.

We don’t need Walker. We can’t afford Walker. We need to develop Black, and be patient.

Would Ben Hunt be a better stand in option until Black is ready.........he wouldn't cost as much as Walker?

In my mind Hunt & Arey are almost like for like.
It would be another year without a premiership culminating in a pre-finals testimonial.

Might as well chuck in the work experience kid. At least he might learn something from it.

I agree with Badel in offer a multi year contract to lure Sam Walker to Broncos. He would be an amazing halfback, that would great for the club with his guidance and skills.
Badel isn't suggesting an offer. Of course, we should be making an offer. He's saying we HAVE to sign him ANY cost.

homesickness
7VUL 1

Walker ain’t it…. We have two of the spine who currently play eyes up footy, we don’t need a third, it would be an even bigger disaster than what it became this year. Trying to score off every play….

Black has the skills we need. He needs time to develop though. And if he plays first grade in 2025, it needs to be next to Reynolds, not Mam, which is hard.

Kick, pass, make your tackles. Perfectly. That is all he needs to do, and can do.

We don’t need Walker. We can’t afford Walker. We need to develop Black, and be patient.

While i agree with you @Smokin' Joe , i think Walker would be a much better option than Mam. I just think he's got a bit more about him in some ways, and i think in 4 or 5 years he will probably develop into a better 7 than he is now.

You are right though. we simply cant afford him.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • leish107
  • Lostboy
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • BroncoFan94
  • MrRobot
  • Dash
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Scrummer23
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Spike
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.