Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

A big part of the reason our defence is fucked is we have to do too much of it, thanks to giving away the ball via high risk that doesn't come off. We might have to reign in that high risk to medium high.

Also short kick restarts, Reyno is not our guy.
Not so sure Reyno is not our guy, we never get the ball back regardless if kicking or receiving short kickoffs. Surly a bit of practice would have sorted that bit out. Remains extremely frustrating it couldn’t be fixed or at the very least improved.

Not so sure Reyno is not our guy, we never get the ball back regardless if kicking or receiving short kickoffs. Surly a bit of practice would have sorted that bit out. Remains extremely frustrating it couldn’t be fixed or at the very least improved.
It's been a guaranteed handover right on our line every time he's attempted it, and that's been up to several times every game. Bit over it.

There's no point to doing it if you aren't practicing it at training which we clearly weren't.
I would hope that Madge rectifies that given he's coming from a Bellamy coaching style where it's about getting advantages wherever possible and looking for any opportunities to maximise what you can control ie. tapping the ball back, etc.

I would hope that Madge rectifies that given he's coming from a Bellamy coaching style where it's about getting advantages wherever possible and looking for any opportunities to maximise what you can control ie. tapping the ball back, etc.
Other than Cobbo (when he can be arsed) we aren't that great in the air.

This interpretation of the rule, which I still believe says the tackler must immediately release and get off is determining comps.

Seems you can hang on till the ref says release ?
The late offload has changed the interpretation of immeadiate release . Because it is so much harder to put runners on the ground these days , offloads when the momentum has halted happen right up to and after the held / release call .
I`d hate to be Ref now days too many smart coaches finding ways to bend not break the rules .

Seems you can hang on till the ref says release ?
The late offload has changed the interpretation of immeadiate release . Because it is so much harder to put runners on the ground these days , offloads when the momentum has halted happen right up to and after the held / release call .
I`d hate to be Ref now days too many smart coaches finding ways to bend not break the rules .
I'm talking about the 3rd man lurker, Yeo a lot, not involved in the tackle but joins in just before the attacker hits the ground.
If the attacker has made post contact metres that, to me at least, is he has won the ruck and the right to a fair play the ball.
The Penrith 3rd man has the right to join the tackle as its still in progress but absolutely no right to dwell or hold down his own man at all. It should be instant movement off or 6 again/penalty.

I'm talking about the 3rd man lurker, Yeo a lot, not involved in the tackle but joins in just before the attacker hits the ground.
If the attacker has made post contact metres that, to me at least, is he has won the ruck and the right to a fair play the ball.
The Penrith 3rd man has the right to join the tackle as its still in progress but absolutely no right to dwell or hold down his own man at all. It should be instant movement off or 6 again/penalty.

Hmmm ,, interpretation ?
I dislike how during the regular season the rules are different to Finals or Origin .

Just when you thought you knew the rules they get changed .

He wanted 1.5m but they've apparently got him to sign for 1m a year.

The injury probably hasn't helped him, that and the fact nobody probably has 1.5m available for him.

@1910 best young broncos prospects in your eyes mate? And who could we really see click on next year?

Active Now

• Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Dreaglor
  • NSW stables
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Dash
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.