OFFICIAL Broncos sign Brenko Lee

In a like for like replacement for Xavier Coates, the Broncos have signed Storm and Maroons winger Brenko Lee on a 2 year deal starting in 2022. Lee, who can play wing or centre, has already advised his Storm team mates of his decision. He has not played a game yet this season due to injury.

Lee:

Coming to the Storm has been a life-changing experience mentally and physically. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.”

“If you told me I would have been in a grand final, I would have asked what you are smoking because I didn’t think it was possible. was close to pulling the pin completely. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.

McHunt

That's not what I said, and it's pretty obvious that's not what I said.

I don't understand you lot trying to make the bizarre claim about Brenko not being useless defensively. His defence is the reason he is always moved on from clubs, longest he has lasted at 1 club is Raiders and that was 3 years.
“You lot” implies you support another team. Which one is it?

“You lot” implies you support another team. Which one is it?
I thought it implied I was talking about the people on this forum saying Brenko is a good defender. I thought that was obvious when my exact words were "you lot trying to make the bizarre claim about Brenko not being useless defensively"

Just fkn lol at people turning up their noses at a wooden spoon team signing up origin players.
Pfft.....fucken origin players. Yeah right.....🙄

He pretty much played origin by default.......played well last year......he's peaked. Been around for a while now with no real result to speak about.

Hope we haven't spent too much.

He pretty much played origin by default.......played well last year......he's peaked. Been around for a while now with no real result to speak about.

Given the lack of fanfare from the media, I'd say there is a strong chance it isn't a huge deal...if he is indeed signed which I guess we still need to wait a couple of days to find out.

So did half the team though. Under this logic the Storm didn't just sign an Origin winger from us. We wouldn't have paid much at all

So did half the team though. Under this logic the Storm didn't just sign an Origin winger from us. We wouldn't have paid much at all
Yeah......agree....kinda.

There's more upside in Coates short NRL career than Brenko Lee though......

We need old heads around this team, we very likely got him on a cheap deal. What's the prob? As long as he can hold his own and give some experience to the squad, overall win.

You don't ever earn an Origin jersey 'by default'. Least of all a winning Origin player.

Don't be so disrespectful to people who've already achieved far, far greater a goal than you or I have or are likely to have ever achieved.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

So 12 days past having apparently signed him and still nothing. This seems really weird.

Unless of course he will be officially announced with someone/s else?

So 12 days past having apparently signed him and still nothing. This seems really weird.

two things:

1. you're assuming the report was actually correct, which you can never be sure of given the state of the rugby league media

2. if we have signed him, it really is a different prospect to an Adam Reynolds. not really a signing you trumpet (so to speak). he's one of those signings that you make and then people seem to forget about until the pre-season begins.

FYI, Zero Tackle still have him as off contract with the Storm (not signed to us) nothing about it on the NRL.com contracts page either

two things:

1. you're assuming the report was actually correct, which you can never be sure of given the state of the rugby league media

2. if we have signed him, it really is a different prospect to an Adam Reynolds. not really a signing you trumpet (so to speak). he's one of those signings that you make and then people seem to forget about until the pre-season begins.

FYI, Zero Tackle still have him as off contract with the Storm (not signed to us) nothing about it on the NRL.com contracts page either

Obviously I’m aware of those options but this is a SOO centre we are talking about and would be much needed good news on top of Reynolds coming and re-signing of Robati. The Cows announced Hiku and this is a similar level player.

If it was reported in the media wrongly, where did it come from and why hasn’t anyone confirmed or denied it? Last week Zero Tackled had it as a transfer article, this week they have him uncontracted.

Hence this is weird.

Obviously I’m aware of those options but this is a SOO centre we are talking about and would be much needed good news on top of Reynolds coming and re-signing of Robati. The Cows announced Hiku and this is a similar level player.

If it was reported in the media wrongly, where did it come from and why hasn’t anyone confirmed or denied it? Last week Zero Tackled had it as a transfer article, this week they have him uncontracted.

Hence this is weird.
We are waiting until Thursday to announce it along with news of signing Hynes and the Cheese, to disrupt their game day prep against us. M I N D G A M E S

We are waiting until Thursday to announce it along with news of signing Hynes and the Cheese, to disrupt their game day prep against us. M I N D G A M E S
If only this was true...sigh...

You don't ever earn an Origin jersey 'by default'. Least of all a winning Origin player.

Don't be so disrespectful to people who've already achieved far, far greater a goal than you or I have or are likely to have ever achieved.
Milf played origin and you’re plenty disrespectful to him

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky field goal
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Griffo
  • IceWorks
  • achievedrap
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • heartly87
  • Nerd
  • Ejbroncos
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.