OFFICIAL Broncos sign Brenko Lee

In a like for like replacement for Xavier Coates, the Broncos have signed Storm and Maroons winger Brenko Lee on a 2 year deal starting in 2022. Lee, who can play wing or centre, has already advised his Storm team mates of his decision. He has not played a game yet this season due to injury.

Lee:

Coming to the Storm has been a life-changing experience mentally and physically. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.”

“If you told me I would have been in a grand final, I would have asked what you are smoking because I didn’t think it was possible. was close to pulling the pin completely. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.

McHunt

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I know it has been said he confirmed it but where is that? I haven't seen an official announcement from anyone.
Yeah I have listened to podcasts and read stuff that have said they spoke to him and the things i got out of all of them is yes he has signed for 2 years (from memory) and he is going back to live with his wife and kid/s who are already living in Brisbane

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
The only games he has played this year was in ISC. So his 2021 so far has been Injured -> 2 games in ISC -> Injured. On top of not being wanted by Melbourne.

But it's fun to read the arguments "hE plYed dA oRigiN Nd g0t a prEmiERshiP"
Yeah. I know he was injured before the season started so that may be the main reason but there is also probably Jennings and others being preferred to him as well. Its all about the money he is being signed for and if a replacement for mead or copley then its a good signing rather than him walking into starting spot or being Coates replacement.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018

The accompanying music is a shocker, but there are a fair few highlights there to feel good about.

I think the thing I like best is he's a big bod at centre. If he's able to continue on in the vein of form he showed before injury it will go along way to shoring up our leaky centre spot on the right as he'll make a decent impression on 2nd rowers coming through that gap. Well spotted Kevvie!

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Too right we keep Lodge; i cant say for sure that all the cancers have been removed form the playing group but by and large most of the guys we wanted rid off have left.

Things is; we finally have a halfback who can maximise every single set of 6 our forwards give us.

Reynolds can kick it to corners, 40-20s, accurate bombs, 6-again kicks. All thos ethings maximise what your forwards provide.

Turps role in this is starting to become clearer too. He needs to lead our kick chase, particularly into corners, he can set the standard of that kick chase and work hard in defence to nail the opposition back. You dont need a Harry Grant/ Cam Smith type of hooker for this. It means we play to Turps strengths.

Staggs just needs to attach himself to Reynolds hip for the next three years. He should become another Walker. Its not like he has any 5/8th habits to break....he hasnt played there at NRL level before.

It will help aclimate Adam into our team much quicker if Kev asks Walker to model his running game off Reynolds from what Walker does..

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
Too right we keep Lodge; i cant say for sure that all the cancers have been removed form the playing group but by and large most of the guys we wanted rid off have left.

Things is; we finally have a halfback who can maximise every single set of 6 our forwards give us.

Reynolds can kick it to corners, 40-20s, accurate bombs, 6-again kicks. All thos ethings maximise what your forwards provide.

Turps role in this is starting to become clearer too. He needs to lead our kick chase, particularly into corners, he can set the standard of that kick chase and work hard in defence to nail the opposition back. You dont need a Harry Grant/ Cam Smith type of hooker for this. It means we play to Turps strengths.

Staggs just needs to attach himself to Reynolds hip for the next three years. He should become another Walker. Its not like he has any 5/8th habits to break....he hasnt played there at NRL level before.

It will help aclimate Adam into our team much quicker if Kev asks Walker to model his running game off Reynolds from what Walker does..
Just wanted to agree with & respond to your first paragraph about getting rid of our cancers, & I'll add to it...
One of the first names that came to my mind was Oats. So many on here (myself included) have wanted Oats gone for awhile now.
Under Kev, Oats has rediscovered his passion & his magic. I for one have already started falling in love with him again.
Not only has Kev been getting rid of the shit, he's also helping our best rediscover there best.

My confidence in the Kevolution is building more & more every moment.
Good times.[/QUOTE]

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
His form years ago is absolutely relevant. Look at what he did outside of the Melbourne system. He did exactly what I said in my original post, often brilliant with the ball, but horrible defensively. Look at all the people who have left the Storm system and been useless, Brenko could very well do the exact same thing. There is also the fact that Melbourne didn't want to keep him, that's an even worse sign of what's to come.

Saying that, as I originally said, he can be a decent depth signing on the right money, but we are in trouble if he is a first choice outside back.

Playing the game means jack shit. I played for 15 years, and it's completely irrelevant. Thank you for the life story ththough.
I think the issue people have is that you make definitive statements and then become agitated when people ask you to explain or disagree.

So you have made the statement that lee's defence is crap. I believe you were a big advocate for pursuing joey manu (i may be mistaken), who i agree is a good player). However, when we are looking at manu's tackle efficiency (who has always played within a successful roosters system) compared to brenko's, we see that brenko's tackle efficiency is actually better than manu's even when he was in the poorer performing teams.

Manu career efficiency 77.74%
Brenko career efficiency: 84.125%.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Is this signing official? How come the broncos haven’t done a welcome to brenko post?

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I think the issue people have is that you make definitive statements and then become agitated when people ask you to explain or disagree.

So you have made the statement that lee's defence is crap. I believe you were a big advocate for pursuing joey manu (i may be mistaken), who i agree is a good player). However, when we are looking at manu's tackle efficiency (who has always played within a successful roosters system) compared to brenko's, we see that brenko's tackle efficiency is actually better than manu's even when he was in the poorer performing teams.

Manu career efficiency 77.74%
Brenko career efficiency: 84.125%.
I always explain my reasoning, last time someone asked me to I made quite a lengthy post with several stats backing it up, but that was conveniently skipped by the people arguing my points and they just moved on. I've said so many times all the things I say are opinions, they aren't definitive statements.

I've been a big advocate on Broncos chasing Manu to play fullback. I really hope you aren't trying to say Brenko is a better defender than Manu? What is it with you guys and tackle efficiency? You know that doesn't show how good a defender is, especially out on the edges where positional play is much more valuable.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I always explain my reasoning, last time someone asked me to I made quite a lengthy post with several stats backing it up, but that was conveniently skipped by the people arguing my points and they just moved on. I've said so many times all the things I say are opinions, they aren't definitive statements.

I've been a big advocate on Broncos chasing Manu to play fullback. I really hope you aren't trying to say Brenko is a better defender than Manu? What is it with you guys and tackle efficiency? You know that doesn't show how good a defender is, especially out on the edges where positional play is much more valuable.

So you are saying you back up things with stats but when it comes to Lee, stats aren't important? See any problem with this?

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
So you are saying you back up things with stats but when it comes to Lee, stats aren't important? See any problem with this?
That's not what I said, and it's pretty obvious that's not what I said.

I don't understand you lot trying to make the bizarre claim about Brenko not being useless defensively. His defence is the reason he is always moved on from clubs, longest he has lasted at 1 club is Raiders and that was 3 years.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.