OFFICIAL Broncos sign Brenko Lee

In a like for like replacement for Xavier Coates, the Broncos have signed Storm and Maroons winger Brenko Lee on a 2 year deal starting in 2022. Lee, who can play wing or centre, has already advised his Storm team mates of his decision. He has not played a game yet this season due to injury.

Lee:

Coming to the Storm has been a life-changing experience mentally and physically. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.”

“If you told me I would have been in a grand final, I would have asked what you are smoking because I didn’t think it was possible. was close to pulling the pin completely. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.

McHunt

He hasn’t been that reliable throughout his career but hopefully his time at Melbourne has improved some of his issues.

This year we have 0 grand final winners in the team and with Coates and Milford leaving, we’d only have 2 origin experienced players in Haas and Oates (not counting Hunt). With Reynolds and Lee that gives us 2 gf winners and they’ve both played origin in limited appearances. That’s valuable experience if nothing else.

On a somewhat unrelated note, if Milf and Glenn are gone at seasons end, Oates is the only bronco who played in the 2015 GF remaining.
Also I completely get why your skeptical but I don’t think we can just straight up say that he is going to be shit cause he was before the storm... it does have to be noted that just cause he found form at the storm doesn’t mean he will lose his ability if he left

To all the people saying this "confirms Staggs will play 6"...I'm not so sure about that. I think the club are considering Isaako back to wing and playing Farnworth in at #1.
Regardless this signing is all part of building the club back up and we need a mix of reliable, hard working no-frills type players. Lee is one of those and has GF and SOO experience.
Onwards and upwards!

To all the people saying this "confirms Staggs will play 6"...I'm not so sure about that. I think the club are considering Isaako back to wing and playing Farnworth in at #1.
Regardless this signing is all part of building the club back up and we need a mix of reliable, hard working no-frills type players. Lee is one of those and has GF and SOO experience.
Onwards and upwards!
I’m secretly hoping the club will sign SJ and move Farnworth to fullback.

Also I completely get why your skeptical but I don’t think we can just straight up say that he is going to be shit cause he was before the storm... it does have to be noted that just cause he found form at the storm doesn’t mean he will lose his ability if he left

his form could prior to Melbourne could also be in part due to the teams he was in ... Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans. none were really top 8 teams

having time to reflect, maybe i was spoilt by the Reynolds signing.

Ive come on here many times crying for us to sign those 7/10 professional NRL standard players for this playing group. Lee is definately one of those.

Does Kevvie still have sources down in Melbourne maybe? Guys he can trust and rely upon their unbiased opinion on guys like him?

Hopefully he can become a example to the young kids. Bit like what im sure KH is doing now...

But there is nothing behind Coates, so we had to go to market to replace him. I suppose he takes Staggs role at right centre. Does that mean Arthur plays right wing?

This is a solid signing, one we need nexts season; two out of two from DD & Kev for mine...
would like to think 'Milford' gets a run towards the end of next year if he is up to it.

Err, I pointed to what is, the now, the current reality. I never mentioned his form in the under 13s either because it's not relevant.
You realise Craig Bellamy counts the times his players are out of position? Once he's tallied up those times he decides whether he wants them in the team or not. He either is a terrible judge or you are.

Here's a quirky statistic. In last years grandfinal Brenko made as many tackles as his fellow centre, and both wingers combined! He made as many tackles as Vunivalu, Olam and Ado Carr combined. Even stranger, he was more effective than those three AND Papenhuyzen. I guess he got lucky, you know, in position to make all those tackles. I know, it could be that Penrith thought his defence in 2015 mattered and figured they'd run at him all the time?
You say his form in the NRL isn't relevant? Only last year? 1/7 counts for you?

If Bellamy rates him so much, why didn't they resign him? Why is he in reserve grade now?

And you're weirdly comparing the amount of tackles he made in one game compared to the rest of the backline. It's like you quickly see a stat and think it helps your argument without actually thinking it through, but you're talking shit and have some strange opinions. I doubt how much footy you actually watch.

We'd have 2M in the cap for next year even after singing Brenko and Reynolds.

There'll be a few signings yet
Choice! I can't understand why we'd want to move Lodge then. I'm not even sure it's true. With Reynolds and Lee we've addressed two areas of concern and if we have the cash as you say we could try to get a top flight fullback. I don't think we need one but I would be happy as long as we kept Isaako. Definitely want to see Kennedy rewarded, he's been solid.

I don’t mind this signing.

Brenko is a good player. He was very inconsistent prior to his stint at the Storm, but it seems as though his time at Storm has turned his career around and he’s actually become a dependable player. Nothing flash, just gets the job done.

We could use a player like that. Personally Gagai would have been a better choice but it seems as though they are going to miss out on him, hence the signing of Lee.

You say his form in the NRL isn't relevant? Only last year? 1/7 counts for you?

If Bellamy rates him so much, why didn't they resign him? Why is he in reserve grade now?

And you're weirdly comparing the amount of tackles he made in one game compared to the rest of the backline. It's like you quickly see a stat and think it helps your argument without actually thinking it through, but you're talking shit and have some strange opinions. I doubt how much footy you actually watch.
No, his form years ago isn't relevant. I think he's out injured, not too sure he's in reserve grade. I'm highlighting his most recent game and my response was directed at another poster who was talking about tackling. Unlike you I have played the game( badly ) and been watching the game since 1964. My first memory watching my oldest brother in a rep game.

No, his form years ago isn't relevant. I think he's out injured, not too sure he's in reserve grade. I'm highlighting his most recent game and my response was directed at another poster who was talking about tackling. Unlike you I have played the game( badly ) and been watching the game since 1964. My first memory watching my oldest brother in a rep game.
His form years ago is absolutely relevant. Look at what he did outside of the Melbourne system. He did exactly what I said in my original post, often brilliant with the ball, but horrible defensively. Look at all the people who have left the Storm system and been useless, Brenko could very well do the exact same thing. There is also the fact that Melbourne didn't want to keep him, that's an even worse sign of what's to come.

Saying that, as I originally said, he can be a decent depth signing on the right money, but we are in trouble if he is a first choice outside back.

Playing the game means jack shit. I played for 15 years, and it's completely irrelevant. Thank you for the life story though.

Active Now

• Jason Simmons
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Cavalo
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Robboi_321
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • broncotville
  • DrGee
  • mieko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dexter
  • Skyblues87
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.