OFFICIAL Broncos sign Brenko Lee

In a like for like replacement for Xavier Coates, the Broncos have signed Storm and Maroons winger Brenko Lee on a 2 year deal starting in 2022. Lee, who can play wing or centre, has already advised his Storm team mates of his decision. He has not played a game yet this season due to injury.

Lee:

Coming to the Storm has been a life-changing experience mentally and physically. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.”

“If you told me I would have been in a grand final, I would have asked what you are smoking because I didn’t think it was possible. was close to pulling the pin completely. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.

McHunt

I just find it odd they released him so easily after he was good for them. I haven't seen anything from him to say he needed to be back in Brisbane for family reasons. Just comes with the Territory of being a footy player. I know plenty of players who didn't want to move but they are away from their kids for example because of where they could get a contract.
Yeah but he had an opportunity to leave and he took it... Storm must’ve went this bloke wants to leave to go back to his family and we have reimis smith and Justin Olam... okay let’s let him go

I seriously don’t get how people could be so against a 300k signing of an origin centre who is replacing staggs who is loving to 5/8 nobody in our side is better... if it doesn’t work big whoop he is on 300k for 2 years not 600 or a 1,000,000

It was a cripple fight. I mean, a 2rw was our best player at centre.
And was that second rower not one of the best performing players from both teams so your point isn’t helping yourself with that fact that he was easily a top 5 performer that series and Brenko was the other centre

A premiership winning centre that’s played Origin, brings experience and is cheap.

Does that type of signing sound familiar?

I genuinely don’t get the negativity around this signing. He’d be cheap and at worst is solid depth and at best is a genuinely solid SOO standard centre who played very well in a recent GF side. It is not even official yet but I just don’t get it. Not every signing has to or should be a superstar. We’ve been screaming out for a few of these solid first grade standard signings.

A premiership winning centre that’s played Origin, brings experience and is cheap.

Does that type of signing sound familiar?

I’m with @Huge for once. Lee or Arthurs / Niu / Copley seems to be the choice….

Happy with Brenko in that scenario…

I genuinely don’t get the negativity around this signing. He’d be cheap and at worst is solid depth and at best is a genuinely solid SOO standard centre who played very well in a recent GF side. It is not even official yet but I just don’t get it. Not every signing has to or should be a superstar. We’ve been screaming out for a few of these solid first grade standard signings.

It’s been confirmed by Brenko Lee so I’d say it’s official.

He's not a superstar but as it's been said, we need a few first graders too, some of the blokes in this team over the past couple of years haven't been up to it for whatever reason. In those times we would have given anything for a first grade standard player or 2

Kevvie obviously has acknowledged it and has made the move to rectify it

Wonder why they aren't trying to keep him in Melbourne. He was pretty decent for them last year.
Remis Smith is keeping him out of the side thats why.

Has there been any suggestion as to what the cost is? That'll be the big factor for me as to if it's a good signing or not.

Has there been any suggestion as to what the cost is? That'll be the big factor for me as to if it's a good signing or not.

nope, which probably means it isn't a very big contract at all

having time to reflect, maybe i was spoilt by the Reynolds signing.

Ive come on here many times crying for us to sign those 7/10 professional NRL standard players for this playing group. Lee is definately one of those.

Does Kevvie still have sources down in Melbourne maybe? Guys he can trust and rely upon their unbiased opinion on guys like him?

Hopefully he can become a example to the young kids. Bit like what im sure KH is doing now...

But there is nothing behind Coates, so we had to go to market to replace him. I suppose he takes Staggs role at right centre. Does that mean Arthur plays right wing?

This is a solid signing, one we need nexts season; two out of two from DD & Kev for mine...

having time to reflect, maybe i was spoilt by the Reynolds signing.

Ive come on here many times crying for us to sign those 7/10 professional NRL standard players for this playing group. Lee is definately one of those.

Does Kevvie still have sources down in Melbourne maybe? Guys he can trust and rely upon their unbiased opinion on guys like him?

Hopefully he can become a example to the young kids. Bit like what im sure KH is doing now...

But there is nothing behind Coates, so we had to go to market to replace him. I suppose he takes Staggs role at right centre. Does that mean Arthur plays right wing?

This is a solid signing, one we need nexts season; two out of two from DD & Kev for mine...

He hasn’t been that reliable throughout his career but hopefully his time at Melbourne has improved some of his issues.

This year we have 0 grand final winners in the team and with Coates and Milford leaving, we’d only have 2 origin experienced players in Haas and Oates (not counting Hunt). With Reynolds and Lee that gives us 2 gf winners and they’ve both played origin in limited appearances. That’s valuable experience if nothing else.

On a somewhat unrelated note, if Milf and Glenn are gone at seasons end, Oates is the only bronco who played in the 2015 GF remaining.

He hasn’t been that reliable throughout his career but hopefully his time at Melbourne has improved some of his issues.

This year we have 0 grand final winners in the team and with Coates and Milford leaving, we’d only have 2 origin experienced players in Haas and Oates (not counting Hunt). With Reynolds and Lee that gives us 2 gf winners and they’ve both played origin in limited appearances. That’s valuable experience if nothing else.
To be fair though we have Asiata who has won a comp

Unread

Active Now

• Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Locky24
  • bazza
  • Painin the Haas
  • Broncorob
  • Xarr
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.