OFFICIAL Broncos sign Corey Jensen

It’s like when you have a few presents under the tree at Christmas and the first ones an Xbox, the next is a game, and the last one is a pair of socks and then your kinda disappointed that it was only socks so it takes some of the joy out of the Xbox.
As a Dad to 2 little ones, 3 presents including and xbox and a game would be amazing. It would take more than a pair of socks to bring me down. In fact I love a good pair of socks.

Says a bit about how far in the hole we are that of all our signings they are just stock standard first graders, you could say Reynolds is the exception but outside of that all the players coming to the club are blokes who have been toiling away in the NRL without ever setting things on fire
I like this. It looks like we are attempting to balance the roster. Jensen is not going to be a star player but if he offers value it frees up cash for the spine. We need these type of depth signings

Ikin: We’ve signed Jenson and that’s all you’re getting. It’s the thought that counts.
The present from the great great uncle from the UK who forgets that your 15 years older then he thinks you are.

I just hope that we are reserving cash for a 1 or a 9. Even with reynolds, our spine looks unbalanced and pretty week.

I am not a fan of pursuing gagai as i think staggs will end up returning to the centres.

There is still a lingering feeling that we could potentially get hodgson for next year having offloaded TPJ and lodge, as i think the raiders are intending to retain starling.

Although i would prefer grant or smith, hodgson could be a good option as he would be a good mentor to the 9 we have coming through the ranks and hand over the keys when his contract expires.
Gagai would allow Herbie to go to the wing and if Staggs does drop back to centers it becomes a pretty potent pairing, albeit expensive!!

1. Niu (Cobbo in 2023/24)
2. Herbie
3. Gagai
4. Staggs
5. Oates/Cobbo (Isaako/Mead)
6. Kelly/Gamble (if Staggs fails)
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. BSmith (would be nice and he wants to come back to SEQ)
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. TC
13. Kobe

14. Turps (Paix if we dont land BSmith)
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy/Bull/Willison/Jenson
17. Riki/Piakura

Probably forgetting someone

200.gif

Finally we are bolstering our roster with solid no flair players. Our roster was horribly out of balance and this is looking better and better with Capewell and now this dude.

We need to start saving money on our cap and signing mid range players who will just be reliable. The flair will come with guys like Niu, Reynolds, Staggs, Farnsworth, Isaako and Haas.

We need a 9 now. Why I think we may land Hodgson... Or, we're going to wait it out for one of the storm hookers. Grant or Smith would ice what we have building.

And keep staggs in the centres ffs

I wonder if you could make a whole 17 from NRL Coreys past and present
1 Corey Thompson
2 Corey Oates
3 Corey Denniss
4 Cory Allan
5 Michael Coorey (He counts)
6 Corey Norman
7 Cory Paix
8 Corey Jensen
9 Corey Hughes
10 Corey Horsburgh
11 Corey Payne
12 Cory Paterson
13 Corey Parker (C)
14 Corey Harawiri-Naera
15 Corey Pearson
16 Corey Lawrie
17 Corey Waddell

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rambstien
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.