Broncos sign Patrick Mago for two years

I think its been mentioned on here by somebody, by i have heard he is a bit of a cockwomble, very full of himself and in general not a nice person. Hopefully, he will get that out of him here. Bit of a worry in someways when we will probably have this bloke, Lodge and Taueli adding to our forward stocks all who seem to have questionable personalities.

I think its been mentioned on here by somebody, by i have heard he is a bit of a cockwomble, very full of himself and in general not a nice person. Hopefully, he will get that out of him here. Bit of a worry in someways when we will probably have this bloke, Lodge and Taueli adding to our forward stocks all who seem to have questionable personalities.
hooray... we're finally getting some ***** in our forwards who might intimidate other packs instead of asking if its ok to tackle them. I'm over the days of choir boys... they don't win games.

hooray... we're finally getting some ****s in our forwards who might intimidate other packs instead of asking if its ok to tackle them. I'm over the days of choir boys... they don't win games.

It has to be channeld aggresion though. Not point if they keep stuffing up off the pitch or they have poor discipline on it.

He will likely be in and out of the side. Don't expect him to be the answer to our prayers.

It has to be channeld aggresion though. Not point if they keep stuffing up off the pitch or they have poor discipline on it.
Very true. But I think that is what Bennett and Nolan are hoping to channel. They do have a very good track record of focusing players with talent but the wrong attitude, probably Bennetts strength actually.

We have SO many talented young forwards that we literally need 50% of them to live up to most of their potential or even just keep 50% of them and we will have the best, or among the best, forward packs in the nrl in 3-5 years EASILY. Nolan has done very well here. We are talking 5 or 6 of the highest rated forwards under 20 years old in the one squad, remarkable really...

Apart from Carrigan and Haas - who else? Fifita? Will we be able to keep him?

hooray... we're finally getting some ****s in our forwards who might intimidate other packs instead of asking if its ok to tackle them. I'm over the days of choir boys... they don't win games.

or the fact that we are possibly getting some dickheads ***** with our team harmony and we end up in a worse position on the field

I hope Moga didn't just change his name by swapping a couple of letters

Good too see a bit of depath been signed but I’d feel a lot more comfortable getting the likes of a matt lodge or someone with just that little bit more experience in the nrl signed up.

I’d also love to see an updated or accurate profile of some of these bug guys. There’s so many different heights and weights listed on different sources I just want to know who is a genuine tank and who is just a typical Adam Blair josh McGuire size.

Apart from Carrigan and Haas - who else? Fifita? Will we be able to keep him?
And Sua, TPJ, ofa, Fai, Fifita, Lodge, Mago and flegler. If Oates moves to the 2nd row that's another one, although we are so well stocked there it's hard to see that happening. These are juniors that are very very highly regarded.
That's 11 players under 24 years old for 5 starting spots...
And people wondered why we released blair and didn't get into a bidding war for Wallace and/or Arrow. I think I can see why... it's something everyone on this forum has asked for at some point through the hook-Ivan the terrible years.... FORWARD PLANNING and cap management, all while focusing on the area that everyone on here has identified as a weakness-big and dominant forwards...

And Sua, TPJ, ofa, Fai, Fifita, Lodge, Mago and flegler. If Oates moves to the 2nd row that's another one, although we are so well stocked there it's hard to see that happening. These are juniors that are very very highly regarded.
That's 11 players under 24 years old for 5 starting spots...
And people wondered why we released blair and didn't get into a bidding war for Wallace and/or Arrow. I think I can see why... it's something everyone on this forum has asked for at some point through the hook-Ivan the terrible years.... FORWARD PLANNING and cap management, all while focusing on the area that everyone on here has identified as a weakness-big and dominant forwards...

We will probably have Taueli as well.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/12/05/mago_happy_to_be_hom.html

PATRICK Mago has set his sights on becoming part of the Broncos' middle forward rotation as he re-establishes himself in Brisbane.
Mago played his first two NRL matches with the North Queensland Cowboys last year and joins the Broncos' props stocks after the losses of Adam Blair (Warriors), Herman Ese'ese (Knights) and Jai Arrow (Titans).
But it is a homecoming for Mago, who was born in New Zealand but moved to Brisbane at a young age.
Mago, who turned 23 yesterday, was a product of Broncos' feeder club Souths Logan Magpies, playing under 20s with the Raiders before moving to the Cowboys.
At training this week he said he was excited about being 'home'.
"I am loving it being back in Brisbane - this is what I call home," he said.
"It is great being back with family, living at home with Mum and Dad.
"I have a lot of family here and to call Brisbane home again is something I have always wanted to do."

Players with good local family generally seem to find the right attitude. Bennet was huge on that, and I guess still is. It's a plus when recruiting young players, that they have a stable family background. It helps to iron out the stresses and the sheer unreal atmosphere that goes with being a professional sportsman. Nothing like a good Mum and Dad (or Dad and Dad, Mum and Mum for that matter) to keep you grounded when stardom goes to your head, or correspondingly the world is falling in from a bad game. Theres still the dishes to do and a family dinner to enjoy, a little brother/sister to play with.
I don't know his family background but being back around the people that helped him get his shot in the first place, cant be bad.

Could be very good for us in 2018. I think he could become the Ese’ese of next season

Hopefully he sticks around longer!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the difference is that Mago probably doesn't really have an opening to make our full strength forward rotation to start the season, does he?

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Sims / Ofahengaue
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Utility
15. Ofahengaue / Sims
16. Thaiday
17. Pangai Jr

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • jd87
  • Alec
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.