OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather that than as a. winger. He seriously reminds me of Daniel Vidot. The only question is if he is prepared to turn around his game or start wearing a spandex suit
Yeah i thought he might be worth a try in the forwards ....maybe after his dummy spit and all the other crap going on i dont think he's mentally invested in the team....the injury toll this year allowed him to play more games than he probably deserved along with the ex captain

I am with @Wolfie
I wouldn't be so confident on that..... Broncos low balled him on a contract extension.

Also well behind in his rehab.
Is this what you mean by things getting worse?

Sean O'Sullivan signing with the Warriors.

You could see where the link to Lodge and the Warriors comes from having his brother and father in law at the club

Last edited:
Sounds like another great day for the club!

Last edited:
how bad a lowball? Let’s be realistic here, his defence leaves a lot to be desired. now that could be partly to do with coaching but half the time he was literally in no mans land near our own try line not even seibold would coach that. He’s just busted his knee and now seems he’s not doing his rehab correctly? He’s not even played a full season. Yes he has lots of potential but come on we’re where we’re because of paying pretty much rookies too much.

unless of course it was a ridiculously low offer.

how much would you all be willing to pay?

Last edited:
how bad a lowball? Let’s be realistic here, his defence leaves a lot to be desired. now that could be partly to do with coaching but half the time he was literally in no mans land near our own try line not even seibold would coach that. He’s just busted his knee and now seems he’s not doing his rehab correctly? He’s not even played a full season. Yes he has lots of potential but come on we’re where we’re because of paying pretty much rookies too much.

unless of course it was a ridiculously low offer.

how much would you all be willing to pay?
Somewhere either side of 400k would be fair you would think

I think Staggs sees himself as an elite center. He isnt at that level yet and i honestly dont think he has shown any signs of improving his average defence. I think $400k is about right for him as it stands, but he needs a contract that has the room to improve if he does.

I think Staggs sees himself as an elite center. He isnt at that level yet and i honestly dont think he has shown any signs of improving his average defence. I think $400k is about right for him as it stands, but he needs a contract that has the room to improve if he does.
I daresay he feels that he's worth $600k, but to me that's top tier for a center... and by 'he' I mean his manager who wants a payday.

By low balling they probably offered him $350k, which is probably too far under. I think he's still on his first real deal outside of NYC, so he's probably on $250-$300k and definitely deserves an upgrade.

I think this instance is where player options are useful ... say a $400-$450 with player options for two years.

If he kills it then he earns his right to upgrade to a better contract, but $400k isn't too bad for the broncos to hang onto him.

Instead he'll probably get $600k with two years of player options, just so we have to sweat every 12 months

Last edited:
I daresay he feels that he's worth $600k, but to me that's top tier for a center... and by 'he' I mean his manager who wants a payday.

By low balling they probably offered him $350k, which is probably too far under. I think he's still on his first real deal outside of NYC, so he's probably on $250-$300k and definitely deserves an upgrade.

I think this instance is where player options are useful ... say a $400-$450 with player options for two years.

If he kills it then he earns his right to upgrade to a better contract, but $400k isn't too bad for the broncos to hang onto him.

Instead he'll probably get $600k with two years of player options, just so we have to sweat every 12 months

I actually think he has seen what Fifita did and he probably thinks he can get a couple of teams doing the same for him

I wouldn’t be surprised if we rarely see Staggs fending players off and sprinting away for a try once he returns. Teams will do their homework on him and the good teams will shut him down. Toe boy has a long way to go before he should demand big dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • john1420
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Spike
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.