NEWS Broncos star’s horrific fall from grace

To be fair to Boyd, he has been putting a lot of effort into 1%ers since he has been getting criticized. Leads kick chases even off kick-offs which means he is coming up against front rowers and making good contact.

Although realistically his effort in the other 99% is shocking

That's an excellent question, and tbh, I don't know the answer. Obviously, we had players in decline, but would the team as a whole be performing as poorly as it is now? I highly doubt it would.
In my view Wayne would have made every short term view decision to ensure as much success for his tenure. This is what he's always done. It seems that Seibold and club management are tackling the structural issues now.

Going by the fact that Seibold was given a 5 year contract it is reasonable to assume that the board new all this work needed to be done and are prepared to give Seibold the time to do the work and see through the results from it.

If this really was a squad that was ready to win as some seem to believe he doesn't get a 5 year deal. It is a 2 year, or 3 year max deal to achieve or **** off.

How long should siebs get to make the club successful and what would that success look like?

That's an excellent question, and tbh, I don't know the answer. Obviously, we had players in decline, but would the team as a whole be performing as poorly as it is now? I highly doubt it would.
I probably agree with this, but I also think that we would have had a similar season to what we had last year and if the results were tracking the same as the last three years, we would have been consistently inconsistent, still showing attitude issues, finishing somewhere 6-8 and out in the first week of the finals.

What we also would not have had is the beginning of the restructure that we need. It would have been more of the same. We would still have Nikorima as half back, there would be no hope of WB removing Boyd.

Put simply, we could not risk having Bennett in charge for one more year and in the ear of players we were trying to re-sign. Somebody else posted recently that WB is all about WB, and he is. In making that observation there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, that is human nature. But what he is looking for is that last premiership before he pulls up stumps.

The problem with that in my view is that he is more focused on the short term rather than planning long term for the future. This was the same approach that he took at Newcastle with fairly disastrous results. Whetherr he was under pressure to produce a quick result at Newcastle from Tinkler, I do not know, but believe is likely.

I think you might be on the money again that Seibold might be the right coach at the wrong time. I am still prepared to give him some time to see what will arise from the steps that he is taking. I never held great expectations about this year whilst he had the millstone of our spine around his neck. In saying that, it has been worse than what I expected, but I am still hopeful of seeing some bounce back after Origin is finished.

In my view Wayne would have made every short term view decision to ensure as much success for his tenure. This is what he's always done. It seems that Seibold and club management are tackling the structural issues now.
Spot on, I posted much the same, but you made the point more directly than I did.

For mine this is beside the point. For this team to actually be a premiership contender major changes needed to be made. Due to the incredible high salaries of underperforming players these changes have caused a lot of immediate damage.

If fans would prefer endless seasons of making up the numbers then I can understand why they are so upset. Clearly the club as a whole wasn't happy to go on like that.
I wonder if we had won in 2015 that Bennett would have still been moved on , and all the hate for him.

We were a decent side under Bennett thats for sure. Its not debatable. But apart from 15-16 we were never really one of the top flight teams. Our recruitment and retention was poor. Wayne may of been able to keep the wheels on a bit longer but our spine wasn't going to be fixed. So i have little belief in a premiership under Wayne.

Once Wayne finally left we would still be in this position. The only difference is whoever took over would not have to worry about Boyd eating up cap space.

Our spine is and was a fucking mess. Something we should have been in the market to fix. Pearce could have been a great foil for Milf but Wayne pulled the high horse card on that one. Resigning both Macca and Boyd also a big mistake.

We can play the hypothetical game from all angles but the reality is Seibs walked into a terrible spine, and team with a few Wayne die hards that couldn't get on with the job and have moved on.

The media did their absolute best to overhype a side that got hit for 6 in round one of the finals last year. Had a dubious spine and a young forward pack. I have no doubt this was on purpose. Gives you more to write about if the new coach starts losing with a so called top four team.

The write ups for Brown and Newcastle are completely different despite a similar situation. We are despised and if you cant hear how happy media personalities are over our fall your kidding yourself.

I will start judging Seibs more harshly in year 3 if he stays on that long. I think with a few key changes and another offseason we can really change our style and competitiveness.

I probably agree with this, but I also think that we would have had a similar season to what we had last year and if the results were tracking the same as the last three years, we would have been consistently inconsistent, still showing attitude issues, finishing somewhere 6-8 and out in the first week of the finals.

What we also would not have had is the beginning of the restructure that we need. It would have been more of the same. We would still have Nikorima as half back, there would be no hope of WB removing Boyd.

Put simply, we could not risk having Bennett in charge for one more year and in the ear of players we were trying to re-sign. Somebody else posted recently that WB is all about WB, and he is. In making that observation there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, that is human nature. But what he is looking for is that last premiership before he pulls up stumps.

The problem with that in my view is that he is more focused on the short term rather than planning long term for the future. This was the same approach that he took at Newcastle with fairly disastrous results. Whetherr he was under pressure to produce a quick result at Newcastle from Tinkler, I do not know, but believe is likely.

I think you might be on the money again that Seibold might be the right coach at the wrong time. I am still prepared to give him some time to see what will arise from the steps that he is taking. I never held great expectations about this year whilst he had the millstone of our spine around his neck. In saying that, it has been worse than what I expected, but I am still hopeful of seeing some bounce back after Origin is finished.

You can't be certain of any of that. Who's to say Bennett wouldn't have brought in dearden (he only became available this year)and put knik back to 14. Also Bennett blooded haas , sua , Fifita and staggs, so why wouldn't he make changes? He also has tapped most of our great players on the shoulders, bet he would've done it to boyd.
Such one eyed thinking some people, I'm not going to stick the knife into seibold yet because of the drastic changes he/ or management have made , but he has a lot to make up for now so it better turn around sooner rather than later.

Can anyone agrue that the side was not in decline pre Seibold.
Some hard decisions needed to be made, Some harder decisions stilll need to be made, but this was always going to be the case no matter who was coaching.
This is the fact the Bennett fanboys refuse to acknowledge.

giphy.gif

We were a decent side under Bennett thats for sure. Its not debatable. But apart from 15-16 we were never really one of the top flight teams. Our recruitment and retention was poor. Wayne may of been able to keep the wheels on a bit longer but our spine wasn't going to be fixed. So i have little belief in a premiership under Wayne.

Once Wayne finally left we would still be in this position. The only difference is whoever took over would not have to worry about Boyd eating up cap space.

Our spine is and was a fucking mess. Something we should have been in the market to fix. Pearce could have been a great foil for Milf but Wayne pulled the high horse card on that one. Resigning both Macca and Boyd also a big mistake.

We can play the hypothetical game from all angles but the reality is Seibs walked into a terrible spine, and team with a few Wayne die hards that couldn't get on with the job and have moved on.

The media did their absolute best to overhype a side that got hit for 6 in round one of the finals last year. Had a dubious spine and a young forward pack. I have no doubt this was on purpose. Gives you more to write about if the new coach starts losing with a so called top four team.

The write ups for Brown and Newcastle are completely different despite a similar situation. We are despised and if you cant hear how happy media personalities are over our fall your kidding yourself.

I will start judging Seibs more harshly in year 3 if he stays on that long. I think with a few key changes and another offseason we can really change our style and competitiveness.

Have you ever thought Bennett was waiting for our highly rated halves to come through, because this is the way the hierarchy wanted to go. Hence all the youngsters in now.

You can't be certain of any of that. Who's to say Bennett wouldn't have brought in dearden (he only became available this year)and put knik back to 14. Also Bennett blooded haas , sua , Fifita and staggs, so why wouldn't he make changes? He also has tapped most of our great players on the shoulders, bet he would've done it to boyd.
Such one eyed thinking some people, I'm not going to stick the knife into seibold yet because of the drastic changes he/ or management have made , but he has a lot to make up for now so it better turn around sooner rather than later.
You are kidding me, he would never have dropped Boyd or given him the tap. Boyd's form at Newcastle was diabolical and he was not dropped by Bennett. FMD there is no reasoning with some of you.

Didn't Bennett make some comment when Kodi left, to paraphrase: Good on Kodi for sticking it up them.

This tells me there is no way he would have moved him from 7.

We were the second best side in 17.

You are kidding me, he would never have dropped Boyd or given him the tap. Boyd's form at Newcastle was diabolical and he was not dropped by Bennett. FMD there is no reasoning with some of you.
Diddo! He did it to most of our greats , so why not boyd. You can't tell me for certain that he wouldn't when history suggests he would've.

Diddo! He did it to most of our greats , so why not boyd. You can't tell me for certain that he wouldn't when history suggests he would've.
I think you mean `Ditto'. Yes, pretty sure I can because he failed to do it with Sammy and with the nature of his relationship with Boyd, I do not believe that he would have given him the tap.

Didn't Bennett make some comment when Kodi left, to paraphrase: Good on Kodi for sticking it up them.

This tells me there is no way he would have moved him from 7.
"Sticking up for himself " nice way to twist the words badel!

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.