NEWS Broncos star’s horrific fall from grace

Well of course, I mean arguably the greatest coach of all time managed to coach this squad to one of its most embarrassing final defeats in round one of the finals, so it’s a fucking cakewalk.

I’m looking at the season as a whole. Not one off afternoon.

Wasn't a fan of bringing seibold in but it needs to run it's coarse for a bit.
I really don't understand how you can release of all the players we did, with still thinking of a premiership. Surely they new it'd go like this. Obviously certain injuries and form haven't helped, but was always going to happen with so much youth.
Next year needs to a whole world different to this year.

Wasn't a fan of bringing seibold in but it needs to run it's coarse for a bit.
I really don't understand how you can release of all the players we did, with still thinking of a premiership. Surely they new it'd go like this. Obviously certain injuries and form haven't helped, but was always going to happen with so much youth.
Next year needs to a whole world different to this year.

Yep changing coach and offloading so much experience - not good.

Yeah I was convinced he was a spud but figured even a fucking freshly dug up potato could coach this squad to the finals. **** me dead how wrong was I?
Why were you convinced he was a spud, because he improved a team from 12th to 3rd in his first year as a coach?

Why were you convinced he was a spud, because he improved a team from 12th to 3rd in his first year as a coach?
The way he conducted himself. Hasn’t improved this year either.

Pretty good read hey.

I’m looking at the season as a whole. Not one off afternoon.
It wasn't a round 3 game ffs, and that happened 2 years in a row.. No matter how poor our result is Bennett only got us 1 game closer to the grand final, and what an embarrassing one game it was. Its been 8 years, how long do we persist while we wait for HIM to decide when and how he pulls the plug. Whether or not seibold works out I applaud the club for taking charge of the situation. There's no way we win a premiership with Bennett at the helm, he had 4 years to do it with a far more ready squad and didn't do so. He has an even more premiership ready squad this year at souffs and given they lost to the dominant premiers by 8 points in the prelim, if he doesn't get them at least to the gf it will be a massive failure.
You have gotten so boring with your hate for Seibold, and that was 6 months ago, now it's just sad and predictable. Get over it or go support souffs. And that's not because you have a different opinion, it's because ALL YOU DO IS CRITCISE THE CLUB. Seibold has signed a 5 year deal, you really think there wasn't a plan in place with the young players coming through? He's pulling off the band aid a year early I belive but at least the damage will be over with and he will get a clean break of all the crap we were left with (boyd, mccullough, a drunk Roberts who doesn't want to defend, nikorima at fucking halfback) and he can be judged on the results he gets with the team he has moulded.
Bennett is a great coach but he isn't our coach, so ffs get over it

It wasn't a round 3 game ffs, and that happened 2 years in a row.. No matter how poor our result is Bennett only got us 1 game closer to the grand final, and what an embarrassing one game it was. Its been 8 years, how long do we persist while we wait for HIM to decide when and how he pulls the plug. Whether or not seibold works out I applaud the club for taking charge of the situation. There's no way we win a premiership with Bennett at the helm, he had 4 years to do it with a far more ready squad and didn't do so. He has an even more premiership ready squad this year at souffs and given they lost to the dominant premiers by 8 points in the prelim, if he doesn't get them at least to the gf it will be a massive failure.
You have gotten so boring with your hate for Seibold, and that was 6 months ago, now it's just sad and predictable. Get over it or go support souffs. And that's not because you have a different opinion, it's because ALL YOU DO IS CRITCISE THE CLUB. Seibold has signed a 5 year deal, you really think there wasn't a plan in place with the young players coming through? He's pulling off the band aid a year early I belive but at least the damage will be over with and he will get a clean break of all the crap we were left with (boyd, mccullough, a drunk Roberts who doesn't want to defend, nikorima at fucking halfback) and he can be judged on the results he gets with the team he has moulded.
Bennett is a great coach but he isn't our coach, so ffs get over it

You think seibold got the job by presenting that he was going to gut the team and run 14th? He’s been an abject failure. This isn’t about Bennett, it’s about seibolds ineptitude which is on full display but you blokes just can’t get over the fact you’ve fallen for it.

The board won’t even let him make his own decisions lol

Last edited:
You think seibold got the job by presenting that he was going to gut the team and run 14th? He’s been an abject failure. This isn’t about Bennett, it’s about seibolds ineptitude which is on full display but you blokes just can’t get over the fact you’ve fallen for it.

The board won’t even let him make his own excisions lol
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not sold on Seibold one bit tbh. My gut feeling is we have got a dud and he cant handle the size of the job here in Brisbane. If we finish bottom 2, i'd sack him quite honestly. In saying that, i think he should get next year to see what he can do, but if we start badly i think he will be gone.

I still think he could quite possibly be the right coach at the wrong time. We would probably have been better letting Bennett have another couple of years, having a better look at what Seibold was capable of then making a decision from there. I think then a new coach would have had te benefit of starting up without the likes of Boyd and Macca on contract and these younger guys would have a couple more years under their belts. I doubt we would be any worse off than we are now.

I'm not sold on Seibold one bit tbh. My gut feeling is we have got a dud and he cant handle the size of the job here in Brisbane. If we finish bottom 2, i'd sack him quite honestly. In saying that, i think he should get next year to see what he can do, but if we start badly i think he will be gone.

I still think he could quite possibly be the right coach at the wrong time. We would probably have been better letting Bennett have another couple of years, having a better look at what Seibold was capable of then making a decision from there. I think then a new coach would have had te benefit of starting up without the likes of Boyd and Macca on contract and these younger guys would have a couple more years under their belts. I doubt we would be any worse off than we are now.

And yet Souths wanted to re-sign him...

And yet Souths wanted to re-sign him...

I dont get what your point is. He was doing well at Souths. He walked into a job with a ready made side that needed just tweaking. I'm not surprised they wanted to keep him. He did well in his first year.

At Brisbane, he has decided to rip apart a fairly good, if inconsistent team and made us far worse than last year. If his souths side was performing as well as we are currently going, do you think they would still have wanted to keep him?

The board won’t even let him make his own decisions lol
Have you heard of the concept ‘inertia’????

I dont get what your point is. He was doing well at Souths. He walked into a job with a ready made side that needed just tweaking. I'm not surprised they wanted to keep him. He did well in his first year.

At Brisbane, he has decided to rip apart a fairly good, if inconsistent team and made us far worse than last year. If his souths side was performing as well as we are currently going, do you think they would still have wanted to keep him?

The point being we are not the only club that thinks he is a decent coach...

Maybe if it was just us, we got it wrong. When it is multiple clubs, people should start to wonder if that thinking is wrong, or something else is...

Or they would if they were intellectually honest.

Last edited:
One of Seibold's biggest mistakes is going all in with rookies. Henjak did the same thing when he started, we ended up struggling partially due to large amounts of inexperience, and he ended up getting fired before realising his vision.

The only problem is that we have even more rookies now than in 2009, and no players like Lockyer, Hodges or Parker to help lead the way.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.