NEWS Broncos star’s horrific fall from grace

Is this board saving face because they ok’d the contract? What a fucking mess, this is only going to get worse! I’m giving seibs a break for now, knowing he is actually trying to do the right thing.

I'm not a businessman, but I would assume that if you have an underperforming asset, you either reallocate the resource (q cup) or cut your losses (front load and let them walk).

I don't think following the course, which has proven to be an expensive and futile exercise, is a good business decision.

What I don't get is even if AS's hands are tied to keeping Boyd in first grade, why not put him somewhere like centre or wing where he may actually be of some use without being as much of a liability? Are AS's hands tied so much that he can't even choose his own player's positions in the team?

It might be possible that given the limited options in those positions, he wants to make sure the young guys who are waiting in line are given as much opportunity in the position as he can give them.

I'm not a businessman, but I would assume that if you have an underperforming asset, you either reallocate the resource (q cup) or cut your losses (front load and let them walk).

I don't think following the course, which has proven to be an expensive and futile exercise, is a good business decision.
Yep simple enough. Make the fucking call the situation will not resolve by itself.

Very smart from Seibs to leak this to the press, assuming it's true.

When is White's next press conference? Should be a few tough questions to make him squirm.

He’ll probably say he doesn’t comment on internal club matters or something along those lines.

Why not pick Boyd in 8 or 10? First hitups into Fifita, Gallen etc...surely he couldn't last long in first grade then. Seibold may be told (I actually doubt this is true) what to do but I'm sure he could decide what position Boyd should play.

I'd be surprised if Seibold didn't have total autonomy when it came to team selections.

I'd be surprised if Seibold didn't have total autonomy when it came to team selections.

Agreed. It sounds too silly to be sane.

If confirmed, this club is going to be struggling for a long time.

Is there any corroborating evidence for this random tweet?

This is what I am wondering as well (re any corroboration). It is so easy for some random to post things on social media and a lot of people lap it up and treat it like gospel (apologies for the use of that analogy @Huge I am too tired to think of another).

None. It's been mentioned three times, all by the same person. A person who has been known to regularly make shit up.

I agree with the last 3 posters except we all know Boyd should have been dropped by now.
Either siebs is a hopeless coach (and I don’t think he is) or he is being overruled by the broncos hierarchy.
Unpalatable as that tweet is it has a certain amount of logic to it.

I agree with the last 3 posters except we all know Boyd should have been dropped by now.
Either siebs is a hopeless coach (and I don’t think he is) or he is being overruled by the broncos hierarchy.
Unpalatable as that tweet is it has a certain amount of logic to it.
Mmm, logic? No. Plausibility perhaps. It may be that management don't want the ugly image of a highly paid player, a player to whom they gave a top tier wage playing ISC.

It would look like mismanagement in a public company but even that doesn't mean it's logical they would or have kneecapped the coach. I mean that would be worse, giving him a 5 year deal and making him a lame duck, coach in name only bit player. I'd think that was an even worse look for the club.

Mmm, logic? No. Plausibility perhaps. It may be that management don't want the ugly image of a highly paid player, a player to whom they gave a top tier wage playing ISC.

It would look like mismanagement in a public company but even that doesn't mean it's logical they would or have kneecapped the coach. I mean that would be worse, giving him a 5 year deal and making him a lame duck, coach in name only bit player. I'd think that was an even worse look for the club.

Well maybe they think they can keep it from getting out (which it will) so they would be crazy.
Otherwise if the choice is between having a lame duck coach on a 5 yr deal because they don’t want to drop a player who doesn’t deserve to be there because he is so highly paid or just having him play in ISC and everybody moves on well I know what is the worse look public company or not.

I'm just going to point out redingtheplay is a shit source. They often makeup total bullshit. Without supporting evidence or a more trusted source saying so, I don't believe it.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Lozza
  • Broncorob
  • thenry
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.