NEWS Broncos, Titans told to step up and ensure game is not forgotten in Brisbane’s western corridor

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Vlandy's is calling on us and the Titans to step it up and ensure the AFL don't win the battle for the western corridor after the expansion licence went to the Dolphins instead of the Jets. here is what he says:

“The Broncos and Titans now have to step up,” V’landys said.

“They have got to step up to the challenge of growing the game.

“When you have competition, you naturally have to step up, so the Broncos and Titans have to rise up.

“They have to go in hard into that western corridor because the AFL is a threat in that region.

“The Broncos now have an opportunity to develop that western corridor.

“If they don’t do it, there is a risk someone else will.”

The Broncos have already got a presence in the Western Corridor and Ikin spoke to Ribot about increasing our coaching and development resources in the area.

Ben Ikin says:

“I’ve had a meeting with ‘Reebs’ to pick his brain on it,” Ikin said.

“We’ve previously had an agreement with the Ipswich rugby league that has expired and we are currently looking at what we do in the western corridor through the next phase.

“We are prepared, with the help of the game overall, to step up and deliver more.

“What is true for the Broncos must also be true for Peter V’landys, the NRL and the Queensland Rugby League.

“This (looking after the western corridor) is no one stakeholder’s responsibility.

“If the game thinks there is not enough being done, then we will play our part as we always have, but we need the support of all stakeholders.

“We already go to Ipswich and Toowoomba and do work, it’s just whether we take a more formal approach and add extra resources, that’s the conversation we are going through at the moment.”

Asked if AFL is a genuine threat to the NRL in the western corridor, Ikin said: “Wherever the AFL is not and rugby league is, then the AFL is always a threat.

“Where AFL is growing, it is important for rugby league to make sure it has a strong presence and the Broncos are one of many stakeholders that play a role in that.

“We can potentially expand off the back of our own capabilities, both human and financial, and partner with people already in the region.”

Vlandy's is calling on us and the Titans to step it up and ensure the AFL don't win the battle for the western corridor after the expansion licence went to the Dolphins instead of the Jets. here is what he says:

“The Broncos and Titans now have to step up,” V’landys said.

“They have got to step up to the challenge of growing the game.

“When you have competition, you naturally have to step up, so the Broncos and Titans have to rise up.

“They have to go in hard into that western corridor because the AFL is a threat in that region.

“The Broncos now have an opportunity to develop that western corridor.

“If they don’t do it, there is a risk someone else will.”

The Broncos have already got a presence in the Western Corridor and Ikin spoke to Ribot about increasing our coaching and development resources in the area.

Ben Ikin says:

“I’ve had a meeting with ‘Reebs’ to pick his brain on it,” Ikin said.

“We’ve previously had an agreement with the Ipswich rugby league that has expired and we are currently looking at what we do in the western corridor through the next phase.

“We are prepared, with the help of the game overall, to step up and deliver more.

“What is true for the Broncos must also be true for Peter V’landys, the NRL and the Queensland Rugby League.

“This (looking after the western corridor) is no one stakeholder’s responsibility.

“If the game thinks there is not enough being done, then we will play our part as we always have, but we need the support of all stakeholders.

“We already go to Ipswich and Toowoomba and do work, it’s just whether we take a more formal approach and add extra resources, that’s the conversation we are going through at the moment.”

Asked if AFL is a genuine threat to the NRL in the western corridor, Ikin said: “Wherever the AFL is not and rugby league is, then the AFL is always a threat.

“Where AFL is growing, it is important for rugby league to make sure it has a strong presence and the Broncos are one of many stakeholders that play a role in that.

“We can potentially expand off the back of our own capabilities, both human and financial, and partner with people already in the region.”
Great response from Benny. I hope we can leverage this situation into better cap exemptions/rewards for debutants.

I hope we seriously enter into negotiations with the Jests to play all our up and coming youngsters there and make them the official pathway to the Broncos. Fund them too to allow for greater league saturation of the schools.

Perfect response.

The NRL are nothing in Melbourne and have poured a shitload of resources in to the Storm, and what actual growth have they achieved in Victoria? Zero. No one there cares. If they want to keep the AFL at bay, they sure as **** better come to the party with the Broncos to make the NRL a success in our region.

I'm stoked too that Ikin was switched on enough to consult one of the greats when it comes to establishment and expansion of footy clubs. Even more stoked if Reebs does throw some of his weight our way.

Perfect response.

The NRL are nothing in Melbourne and have poured a shitload of resources in to the Storm, and what actual growth have they achieved in Victoria? Zero. No one there cares. If they want to keep the AFL at bay, they sure as **** better come to the party with the Broncos to make the NRL a success in our region.
For sure while the NRL has put all of it's 'energy' into ensuring the Storm are a success they've only really succeeded in damaging it's traditional stronghold all by it's self. meanwhile the AFL have been making hay while the sun shines.

I hope we seriously enter into negotiations with the Jests to play all our up and coming youngsters there and make them the official pathway to the Broncos. Fund them too to allow for greater league saturation of the schools.
Definitely, I think a dedicated feeder team in that area is a step in the right direction

The issue would be that we have 3 feeders already.

Souths Logan must be kept... we lost that nursery to Canberra and they brought through a ton of talent (Papa, Milf, etc.)

Wynnum Manly has been a staple feeder for us for several years

Norths may be the one that could be replaced.... I think we used to have them, then they went to Melbourne, but we have them again. I'd be slightly hesitant about dumping them though as I think they are a reasonable nursery.

Ipswich absolutely must be brought into the fold though... I'm just not sure how

The issue would be that we have 3 feeders already.

Souths Logan must be kept... we lost that nursery to Canberra and they brought through a ton of talent (Papa, Milf, etc.)

Wynnum Manly has been a staple feeder for us for several years

Norths may be the one that could be replaced.... I think we used to have them, then they went to Melbourne, but we have them again. I'd be slightly hesitant about dumping them though as I think they are a reasonable nursery.

Ipswich absolutely must be brought into the fold though... I'm just not sure how
We go to the NRL and seek assurance that if we invest heavily into this area that we get some form of cap levy. It's a win/win proposal. We can then afford to keep our existing clubs who we use for youth development and train and trial avenues.

Well, there you go. I didn’t think I could dislike Vlandys any more than I already did, but here we are. Put the onus on two clubs very likely to suffer by the entry of a new team to do the heavy lifting for him. Get fucked. We’ll do it if it benefits us as a club, not to help try and make you look good ya fat greasy prick.

Ikin absolutely owned that fucking dumbass with that response lol. Subtle, not pettt, calculated.

Vlandys is like a bull put of the gates. He does not think AT ALL before decisions. Ikin and DD are reading off a script they prepared weeks ago for this. Vlandys doesn't realise that every action gets a reaction, this isn't some fucking dictatorship haha...

The Broncos have vlandys and the clown show exactly where they want them. We won't get cap space, we won't get a fair draw, we won't get more "50/50's", but make no mistake things will change very, very quickly if we are still losing and the dolphins and titans arent taking up the slack off the field (highly unlikely once the shine wears off).
The Broncos losing also means all the shine off the derby too, and that's the main thing that will draw attention for the dolephins

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.