Broncos to Las Vegas

Agreed, I'd go so far as to see this is in contention with worst jersey we've had.
Its Beautiful

Some of the players that may have visa issues trying to get into America

Walsh, Mitchell, Haas, Wighton, Sailor, Michael Chee Kam.

Lodge would have no hope, but is reportedly unlikely to be fit for round 1 anyway

This Vegas deal is a waste of time if players like Walsh and Haas can’t get over there, literally 2 of the very best in their respective positions that the Americans won’t get to see.

Hmmmm if clubs are denied the availability of having certain players in their team for an official NRL round, with points at stake, just wondering what the ramifications are for that?

It’s not as if they’re suspended or injured.

More than likely they’ll get the visas over the line as it’s a big sporting event under special circumstances. It’s not like they’re going to clear the border clearance and do a runner.

But, what a shambles.

Hmmmm if clubs are denied the availability of having certain players in their team for an official NRL round, with points at stake, just wondering what the ramifications are for that?

It’s not as if they’re suspended or injured.

More than likely they’ll get the visas over the line as it’s a big sporting event under special circumstances. It’s not like they’re going to clear the border clearance and do a runner.

But, what a shambles.
NRL response
Los Angeles Clippers GIF

This Vegas deal is a waste of time if players like Walsh and Haas can’t get over there, literally 2 of the very best in their respective positions that the Americans won’t get to see.
Surely we refuse to go if guys like Walsh and Haas can't get a Visa. A team can't be forced to play without some top players because the NRL is useless. It's a premiership game, there's 2 points on the line!
I don't give a crap about what the Yanks get to see though, the entire idea is moronic.

Surely we refuse to go if guys like Walsh and Haas can't get a Visa. A team can't be forced to play without some top players because the NRL is useless. It's a premiership game, there's 2 points on the line!
I don't give a crap about what the Yanks get to see though, the entire idea is moronic.
If Walsh and Haas are refused a US visa it will be because they have been in trouble with the law. You can't blame the NRL for that. Nor can you expect the NRL to give up on big ideas because it's a safe haven for delinquents.

It's worth noting neither Haas nor Walsh have criminal convictions, but they were found guilty and put on good behavior. I don't know what difference this makes in the eyes of the US Government but it is a distinction. They might not even have to declare it. But they might get bumped at the border.

I would have thought the NRL would have been ahead of this ages ago - it's US visas 101 - and had immigration lawyers on the case. You can certainly blame the NRL if they've left all this to the last minute.

If Walsh and Haas are refused a US visa it will be because they have been in trouble with the law. You can't blame the NRL for that. Nor can you expect the NRL to give up on big ideas because it's a safe haven for delinquents.

It's worth noting neither Haas nor Walsh have criminal convictions, but they were found guilty and put on good behavior. I don't know what difference this makes in the eyes of the US Government but it is a distinction. They might not even have to declare it. But they might get bumped at the border.

I would have thought the NRL would have been ahead of this ages ago - it's US visas 101 - and had immigration lawyers on the case. You can certainly blame the NRL if they've left all this to the last minute.

Your last paragraph here is the issue. If it was simply because Haas and Walsh have done stupid things and miss out as a result of their own doing, so be it. And with advanced notice, this would have been sorted through and some agreement reached I'm sure. The issue is entirely that the NRL through their own incompetence and glaring omission of something so stupid, as usual, could result in the Broncos not having an opportunity to work through this, so as a result, why should we be forced to play without two of our very best players because the governing body is just so incompetent?

Your last paragraph here is the issue. If it was simply because Haas and Walsh have done stupid things and miss out as a result of their own doing, so be it. And with advanced notice, this would have been sorted through and some agreement reached I'm sure. The issue is entirely that the NRL through their own incompetence and glaring omission of something so stupid, as usual, could result in the Broncos not having an opportunity to work through this, so as a result, why should we be forced to play without two of our very best players because the governing body is just so incompetent?
The NRL AND the clubs for not being way ahead of this. It beggars belief that no one anywhere in this chain had thought through the visa process. You don't turn up to work in a foreign country without a visa. Every entertainer goes through this, and no profession relies on recreational drugs more than entertainment. The same applies to the media covering it.

The NRL AND the clubs for not being way ahead of this. It beggars belief that no one anywhere in this chain had thought through the visa process. You don't turn up to work in a foreign country without a visa. Every entertainer goes through this, and no profession relies on recreational drugs more than entertainment. The same applies to the media covering it.

Nah I don't put this on the clubs, the onus isn't on them to do the NRL's job for them. They should rightly expect that this has been thought through and processed.

Nah I don't put this on the clubs, the onus isn't on them to do the NRL's job for them. They should rightly expect that this has been thought through and processed.
I'm not privy to the visa conversation that went on between the clubs and NRL so I can't apportion the blame but if one of my employees had a police record for drugs I'd have raised that question before now.

I'm also leery on them going in under ESTAs. They probably should have work visas.

Read this:

DHA is working with NRL and US Embassy and Consulate. Don't worry. That's from a horses mouth. Communication on this has been happening since day 1 of the Vegas Promotion. I am told it is not an issue and will be all clear - unless some lunatic politician in the states has a melt down.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • GCBRONCO
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.