Broncos to Las Vegas

My take is that they did not want to send one of the younger players over, they wanted someone (a) with a bit of maturity; (b) that they could trust not to play up and be involved in any scandals; (c) who was a reasonably confident public speaker, clean cut and presentable and (d) willing to go.

When you apply those criteria, the choices were fairly limited, particularly with Capewell going to the Warriors.

My take is that they did not want to send one of the younger players over, they wanted someone (a) with a bit of maturity; (b) that they could trust not to play up and be involved in any scandals; (c) who was a reasonably confident public speaker, clean cut and presentable and (d) willing to go.

When you apply those criteria, the choices were fairly limited, particularly with Capewell going to the Warriors.
Capewell went over earlier. Also a strange choice in retrospect.

Riki is recovering from shoulder surgery, so that might have ruled him out. Maybe Payne and Patty were owed more holidays after rep duty. And Reece, maybe what you said above.

Agree, Billy has been outstanding.
Yep, up two places from the year before. Though in fairness, Oates was robbed by injury and Cobbo shat his pants before the season even started.

NRL2023BHQPOTYLeaderboardGrandFinal

NRL2022POTYRound25

Yep, up two places from the year before. Though in fairness, Oates was robbed by injury and Cobbo shat his pants before the season even started.

View attachment 25742
View attachment 25743
Alot of people have short memory on Oates, he was the pinnacle of big outside backs making meters in 2022, of course the question is if he can get over the injuries he got in 2023 and get back to where he was at, If he can I think with Cobbos attack ability we will be net better off than even with Herbie on the left.

Alot of people have short memory on Oates, he was the pinnacle of big outside backs making meters in 2022,

Ah ,,, I think Brian To o might have some thing to say about that .
Or is To o a small outside back ??

Coke sniffing , ref abuser ??
Not the ambassador you want .

Coke sniffing , ref abuser ??
Not the ambassador you want .
Reece is a great example of someone who, as a young man, made a really poor choice .. and then turned it all around.

People should respect that. The only person that Reese hurt .. was himself.

These days his priorities are The Bronco's.. and his gorgeous daughter.

He will not be making the same mistake again.

575cb44c750f5eca8846ee004632c451

As far as "ref abuse" is concerned, if I remember correctly, he hooked up with a counsellor so he can learn to keep his onfield "passion" a little more in check.

He's addressing his shortcomings.

More power to him.

Reece is a great example of someone who, as a young man, made a really poor choice .. and then turned it all around.

People should respect that. The only person that Reese hurt .. was himself.

These days his priorities are The Bronco's.. and his gorgeous daughter.

He will not be making the same mistake again.

View attachment 25764
As far as "ref abuse" is concerned, if I remember correctly, he hooked up with a counsellor so he can learn to keep his onfield "passion" a little more in check.

He's addressing his shortcomings.

More power to him.
No need to apologise for him .
I love him . Just needs some time and space between his misdemeanors before he can represent the club or the league .
I think highly of his commitment to his daughter . He`s got time .

I have always been a massive fan of Oates and appreciated him as a high contributing player. But I don't like the fact he's been already put into the side over Mariner. Mariner has a much higher ceiling and I can see him having a massive year. Mariner would be my 1st choice winger definitely not my last choice. I would play him over Arthur's and Oates.

I have always been a massive fan of Oates and appreciated him as a high contributing player. But I don't like the fact he's been already put into the side over Mariner. Mariner has a much higher ceiling and I can see him having a massive year. Mariner would be my 1st choice winger definitely not my last choice. I would play him over Arthur's and Oates.
Mariner needs to prove himself first. Earn his stripes or go back to the Siebold days imo.

If Oatesy is in the team at the moment in front of Mariner, its because he's putting in the hard work and impressing more to earn the spot. At this stage, its pretty much that simple.

If Oatesy is in the team at the moment in front of Mariner, its because he's putting in the hard work and impressing more to earn the spot. At this stage, its pretty much that simple.
Oates speed is my major concern, he gets given the ball with open field infront of him and he'll be run down in 20 meters. If Mariner gets ball in open field try no problem, since he's the fastest at the club.

Oates speed is my major concern, he gets given the ball with open field infront of him and he'll be run down in 20 meters. If Mariner gets ball in open field try no problem, since he's the fastest at the club.

Oates has never been quick and it's not had that much impact on him really. We shouldn't be looking at only what a player will bring if he's got a free run to the try line.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.