Broncos to Las Vegas

Oates speed is my major concern, he gets given the ball with open field infront of him and he'll be run down in 20 meters. If Mariner gets ball in open field try no problem, since he's the fastest at the club.

Everyone is basing this opinion on that one time he had to time his run to stay behind Herbie, while the defender coming over in cover had a head start.

I would play him over Arthur's and Oates.

What did Mariner do that convinced you he`s better than the other two ?
Catch more bombs ? Make more try saving tackles ? Beat the opposition one on one ? Make more metres ?
He`s good and I look fwd to seeing him develop . But ,,, he is not in front of Arthars on performance ATM and will need to push Oates out to claim a spot in the team .

Mariner wanted out in 2022 because he couldn't see a pathway to starting in the NRL behind Staggs and Herbie. It will be interesting to see where his head is at if he can't even get a wing spot despite Herbie leaving.

He's signed through to 2027 and now his best chance of getting a run will be through injury or Oates/Cobbo not working out at wing/center.

His dream of playing center for the Broncos could very quickly be over when you consider how good Cobbo could go while Staggs continues to mature and improve.

Ah ,,, I think Brian To o might have some thing to say about that .
Or is To o a small outside back ??
Yes that was the disclaimer, big being Oates was making advantage on his height with many of the tries he scored.

To'o is pulling bigger numbers but he isn't a highball attacking player, so Oates would be compared to Herbie who is similar build.

Oates speed is my major concern, he gets given the ball with open field infront of him and he'll be run down in 20 meters. If Mariner gets ball in open field try no problem, since he's the fastest at the club.
The thing with Oates is from what we have seen at his best is his workrate is untouchable for an outside back of his size, for Mariner to displace him he would have to pull big workrate numbers, or eclipse Arthurs but honestly he has consistently grown lately too, Arthurs is alot weaker on workrate but he is very consistent in pressured catches and pressured scenarios in general.

Mariner could still very much force his way in though but this will be the make or break year.

Story about visas. You would have thought this would have been one of the first bridges crossed in a very complex project.

Story about visas. You would have thought this would have been one of the first bridges crossed in a very complex project.

Daydream GIF

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, teams have expressed concerns over the fact there has been a lack of information over visas, medical insurance and training venues.

It's understood teams have requested meetings with the NRL and CEO Andrew Abdo dating back as far as December 16, and have now asked Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V'Landys to be involved citing the NRL's lack of urgency in determining the issues.

You can see how Abdo got and keeps his job. Having someone so incompetent in his position allows Vlandal to swing in looking like a messiah every chance he gets. Abdo can't do even basic things well, so Greasy Pete looks amazing by coming in and actually doing the bare minimum.

I'll be there
The thing with Oates is from what we have seen at his best is his workrate is untouchable for an outside back of his size, for Mariner to displace him he would have to pull big workrate numbers, or eclipse Arthurs but honestly he has consistently grown lately too, Arthurs is alot weaker on workrate but he is very consistent in pressured catches and pressured scenarios in general.

Mariner could still very much force his way in though but this will be the make or break year.

I walked pass Oates in Milton the other day and he was the most staunch and shredded I have ever seen him. Looked in prime condition

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, teams have expressed concerns over the fact there has been a lack of information over visas, medical insurance and training venues.

It's understood teams have requested meetings with the NRL and CEO Andrew Abdo dating back as far as December 16, and have now asked Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V'Landys to be involved citing the NRL's lack of urgency in determining the issues.

You can see how Abdo got and keeps his job. Having someone so incompetent in his position allows Vlandal to swing in looking like a messiah every chance he gets. Abdo can't do even basic things well, so Greasy Pete looks amazing by coming in and actually doing the bare minimum.

Look, I normally hate all the sideshow that goes along with Rugby League. I hate clickbait and fake drama. But stories like this and the RLPA stand-off that went on, not only is it genuine high-stakes and real, The People vs The Corrupt Administration is great to watch.

Normally I'm of the opinion that RL players should shut up and think themselves lucky there is a job for them that keeps most of them out of jail, but on these occasions I've been backing the players (and the RLPA) all the way.

Look, I normally hate all the sideshow that goes along with Rugby League. I hate clickbait and fake drama. But stories like this and the RLPA stand-off that went on, not only is it genuine high-stakes and real, The People vs The Corrupt Administration is great to watch.

Normally I'm of the opinion that RL players should shut up and think themselves lucky there is a job for them that keeps most of them out of jail, but on these occasions I've been backing the players (and the RLPA) all the way.
The issue is the NRL was supposed to organize visas, but dropped the ball. It apparently hadn't even occurred to them that the sport is full of juvenile offenders who might be barred entry.

I'm not sure how to frame this as corruption, but it does seem a tad incompetent. The irony is the number one political punching bag in that country is how easy it is to walk across the border and demand citizenship just for being there.

The issue is the NRL was supposed to organize visas, but dropped the ball. It apparently hadn't even occurred to them that the sport is full of juvenile offenders who might be barred entry.

I'm not sure how to frame this as corruption, but it does seem a tad incompetent. The irony is the number one political punching bag in that country is how easy it is to walk across the border and demand citizenship just for being there.

Oh, this one is definitely incompetence. not corruption.

i literally don't understand how they thought they were going to get into the country?

were they just gonna turn up at LAX immigration and be like sup.

those lax guards would've given them a don't give a **** look and stamped RTS

Oh, this one is definitely incompetence. not corruption.

Absolutely. Corruption implies some sort of intelligence and organisation goes into things going bad. Intelligence and organisation cannot be associated with the NRL.

Absolutely. Corruption implies some sort of intelligence and organisation goes into things going bad. Intelligence and organisation cannot be associated with the NRL.

Yeah, the "Corruption" comment was just in regards to the organisation as a whole, in order to frame them as the bad guys that the "People' (players) are fighting back against.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.