Broncos Toyota Cup Results.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Great game by the boys. Yow Yeh played a blinder at the back. let the Panthers get back in the game a little but held out well.

m1c said:
Well done to the youngins

Though Penrith were missing there 3 best players by a mile.... like taking Lockyer, Hunt and Ennis out of our team.

Didn't we have 2 of our best in McCullough and Hoffman playing up as well. Seems the boys are starting to gel as a combination which is great to see.

Yeah thats true, though a lot of good judges consider Wade Graham close to the best young half around in his age bracket. I don't think you'll be seeing too much of him in the U20s anymore. Whilst Coote has probably been their best player by a fair bit.

Good for them to notch a win against one of the top sides but.

The young guys were superb tonight, apart from the first two tries they conceeded which were dummy half efforts.

I thought Kahu played really well, Hunt was solid, Yow Yeh chipped in well and the forwards did the job.

On the way up, we have only lost one of our last 6 games (1 draw included)

Russo said:
m1c said:
Well done to the youngins

Though Penrith were missing there 3 best players by a mile.... like taking Lockyer, Hunt and Ennis out of our team.

Didn't we have 2 of our best in McCullough and Hoffman playing up as well. Seems the boys are starting to gel as a combination which is great to see.

Spot-on. Beating the competition leaders at home without a few of our best = great signs. Looks like our young fellas *could* be finals-bound.

Hopefully one of our grades makes it [icon_lol1.

Youngens went down 33-16 today against the Dogs.

Major JW Hochstetter said:

Barba is a freak! He needs to be in top grade, I have been saying on here for ages now

He is getting disgruntled at the Dogs because he isnt getting chosen. If I was the Broncos or any other club for that matter I would be going after him, he is going to be a star [icon_wink

Jeza23 said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:

Barba is a freak! He needs to be in top grade, I have been saying on here for ages now

He is getting disgruntled at the Dogs because he isnt getting chosen. If I was the Broncos or any other club for that matter I would be going after him, he is going to be a star [icon_wink

And judging by his performance yesterday, as big a wank stain as his older brother.

Just looking at the Toyota Cup ladder and both our first grade team and the U20s are on exactly the same amount of points!

8 wins, 7 losses and 1 draw.

Yep. And you could argue that both teams have overachieved given the first graders' injury toll and the Broncos' policy of putting the better players in Q Cup rather than under 20s.

The Broncos got up 34-16 against the Cows last night.

They now move into 7th on the ladder, tied on 23 points with the Eels and Tits and 6 points off the competition leaders. At this stage Wests and Souths are the only two teams that could likely provide competition for a top 8 spot, so for now we can be quietly confident of a finals berth.

Next week we play the lowly Cronulla followed by one of the stronger teams in the Raiders. Needless to say an important couple of weeks coming up for the kids.

Definitely getting a little more confident that the boys can make it.

IMO one of the best aspects of this competition is its unpredictability, due mostly to the age of the blokes playing. We've knocked off some big teams already this year and IMO any team in the 8 is in with a real shot.

I wonder what they will do with the finals games? I assume they will play as curtain raisers for the NRL finals?

It would be a great idea if they had a dedicated fixture instead ie two matches to at SFS on Saturday, another two at ANZ on Sunday. They could really aim it at kids and families with free entry for junior players, low ticket prices, family based entertainment.

mick! said:
IMO one of the best aspects of this competition is its unpredictability, due mostly to the age of the blokes playing.

Absolutely. And contrary to what I expected prior to this season, most of the games are bloody entertaining. Some may put that down to being typical of lower grades where weaknesses are more easily exploited, but who cares. In constrast to the NRL where attacks are applying the kick more and more to get past well-drilled defences, these kids are generally playing a very exciting and skillful brand of running League and aren't afraid to chance their arm at all. I'm finding myself enjoying it more and more as the season progresses.

Likewise JW. I just think the players are more willing to take risks and try new things, throw a bit of caution to the wind. Honestly, of the top 5 league tries I've seen this year, 3 of them would've come from the Toyota Cup. Really good stuff to watch.

mick! said:
Likewise JW. I just think the players are more willing to take risks and try new things, throw a bit of caution to the wind. Honestly, of the top 5 league tries I've seen this year, 3 of them would've come from the Toyota Cup. Really good stuff to watch.

So why are our Broncs so boring, unpredictable and unwilling to take risks?

rnabokov said:
mick! said:

Because of Wayne Bennett right? If only you were coaching the Broncos, we'd be like the bestest team in the worlddd.

fenomeno said:
rnabokov said:
mick! said:

Because of Wayne Bennett right? If only you were coaching the Broncos, we'd be like the bestest team in the worlddd.

No - I just wouldn't play Stagg in the backs, Boyd at centre and give Hoffman a go.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
  • johnny plath
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.