Broncos V Canberra *spoilers*

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Dexter, WB should blood kids on days like that because there is nothing to lose and they may offer something that Perry doesn't have (would not be hard at all). Why resign the side to defeat by playing a halves combination good for about 10 points max (Moon's try was a fluke and so was Perry's, so we should have scored 6) Perry is a hack at this level he offers nothing positive so there is no point in playing him.

Don't agree at all. Blooding Hunt in that game with no 9 or 6 to help would not have helped us in any way or him.
Our forwards should have aimed up more from the start.
The thing about blooding kids in tne NRL is they are playing against men who have at least 4-5 years weight training behind them, they are a great risk of being badly injured. WB knows when the kids are ready to take that step.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Dexter said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Dexter, WB should blood kids on days like that because there is nothing to lose and they may offer something that Perry doesn't have (would not be hard at all). Why resign the side to defeat by playing a halves combination good for about 10 points max (Moon's try was a fluke and so was Perry's, so we should have scored 6) Perry is a hack at this level he offers nothing positive so there is no point in playing him.

Don't agree at all. Blooding Hunt in that game with no 9 or 6 to help would not have helped us in any way or him.
The thing about blooding kids in tne NRL is they are playing against men who have at least 4-5 years weight training behind them, they are a great risk of being badly injured. WB knows when the kids are ready to take that step.
But he doesnt know when to get rid of them or change their position aswell -- Robinson and Stagg for eg.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
1, 6, 7 and 9 are the most important positions on the field. Totally agree, and we were definitely weak there today. BUT, the 1, 6, 7 and 9 don't make all those soft as pie tackles that were being missed for most of the Raiders' try. The only try directly related to the poor quality in the halves was Monaghan who scooped up the wayward pass and ran 70 metres to score.

There was a distinct "I don't give a stuff" attitude there today, and that just makes my blood boil. They cheapened the Broncos jersey in that first half and heads must roll.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
nopatience101 said:
on abc grandstand tonight there was apparently a sms from a 'known' number suggesting Lockys injury is a different new one on the same knee and to expect a retirement announcement, how credable it was i dont know i just really hope its a load of crap..... he deserves to go out on his own terms or at least a world cup victory.....

I heard that too, they said it is a normally very credible source all we can do is hope..........

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If there's truth to it, Locky has himself to blame from rushing back. No doubt it happened because the knee and supporting muscles weren't recovered enough.

So in essence, if it's true, he's gone out on his own terms!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Dexter said:

And if they debut game is a flogging you run the risk of destroying their confidence so early in their career - and they may never get that back fully.

Agree with Coxy - the attitude was poor. Origin is no excuse for today's performance

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
nopatience101 said:
on abc grandstand tonight there was apparently a sms from a 'known' number suggesting Lockys injury is a different new one on the same knee and to expect a retirement announcement, how credable it was i dont know i just really hope its a load of crap..... he deserves to go out on his own terms or at least a world cup victory.....

Please don't let this be true. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
The raiders played well today I believe. They continually spread it wide to where I believe our weaknesses in defences lied (Boyd and Kemp).

We didnt deserve or look like winning today. If Wallace is out of Origin 3 and cant play against Penrith, Bennent must take a risk and play Ben Hunt. If we lose at least he will be better for the experience and we may actually score more points and gain more creativity in the halves.

If this doesnt happen we could well go on a big losing streak until the Origin period is over. This would then hurt our finals aspirations.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
rnabokov said:
Good grief - isn't it bloody obvious by now that Perry offers us nothing, and Stagg is not a 5/8?

As I have posted before, we WON'T win another game with Perry and Stagg in the halves (Hi Hammo) and I'd rather see us lose with young kids getting chances than with old hacks and non-5/8th's trying to lead us to nowhere.

I agree, even though they were not the reasons we lost today, they are one of the main reasons why we cannot score points!!!!... Shows how much we could actually use Wallace for the baby broncos... really needed him there for that sharkies game a few weeks ago yeh?
The dragons... funny team, I swear they play HAPLESS against some teams, drop way too much ball to win, YET when they take the Broncos on they are nearly always on song!
Does anyone else notice this?
I remember an early club game in 06, once again dragons were going nowhere, and everyone expected broncs to win and they came out and gaz and hornby ran rings?
Another team that does this to us are the Doggies, but we've got them over the last couple of years....

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
guys, I can't find the injury ward/ injury section on the website to check which players are injured, can someone please help me to find that, A link would be great!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
out of date, dont the broncos have a official one?

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Try the websites casualty ward. Or the NRL's one, they are usually the most current!

K

| * kelsey * |

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Quite possible the worst game I have ever been to.

Didn't show up to play, no one made an effort except for Hunt.

Boyd and Kemp were terrible in defence, along with most of the other forwards.

I have no idea why we kept persisting with putting kicks up in the air when we had no chasers. We had nothing to offer in attack and absolutely nothing in defence.

A very VERY poor effort.

I don't know what it is lately, we just haven't been turning up. Not sure if we underestimate the opposition or simply don't give a shit.

I'm sick of Bennett persisting with Stagg and Perry in the halves. They offer stuff all and create nothing in attack. Thank god Robinson was dropped. Big woop if Clinton broke his collar bone, he has done shit all anyway. I don't rate him at all, I have no idea why we even signed him in the first place.

On a high note, well done to Hunt and Manihera. They both played very well.

If we don't turn up to play next week, we'll get absolutely hammered by the Tigers. The score will be A LOT worse than it was yesterday.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well having watched the Tigers game yesterday, their defence was as bad if not worse than the Broncos. So it'll probably be a scoreline like 40-38.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
bfoord said:
nopatience101 said:

Please don't let this be true. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray.

Below is their official line.

IT'S BULLSHIT

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Jeza23 said:
Try the websites casualty ward. Or the NRL's one, they are usually the most current!

That's what I'm saying I couldn't find the injury / casualty ward on the official http://www.broncos.com.au website, which is giving me the shits, surely the broncos have a list on injuries on there website! please someone link me up!

Unread

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Morkel
  • ezpz
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • LittleDavey
  • mrslong
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Organix
  • broncs30
  • Dash
  • Swordfish
  • Shane Tronc
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Nerd
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.