Broncos V Canberra *spoilers*

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
Would someone be so kind as to rate the performance of Manihera for us poor souls who couldn't watch the game...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
nopatience101 said:
clinton apparently has a broken collarbone......

I hope your kidding, I would love to know what is wrong with Ennis how long is he out for??

W

Webcke

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
Clinton looked fine after the game, if it was broken it wasn't a bad break.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
nopatience101 said:
clinton apparently has a broken collarbone......

I hope your kidding, I would love to know what is wrong with Ennis how long is he out for??

he said in the coverage he just twisted his knee a bit and hopes to be back next week [icon_pray.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Dexter said:
Yes once again it was all Perrys fault, he missed all those tackles that allowed 34 pointshe, dropped all the ball, he was responsible for the team selections, there's even a rumour he tripped Ennis up at training just make sure he was selected.

Clearly we all have said the whole side din't aim up in the first half. We have all said our selections by WB were bad. Perry is crap and shouldn't be there he is crap end of story no one blames him wholly for this loss.

No that is not clear from everyone, it's just the usual whingefest .
Who would you have had at half? Please don't tell me Hunt (u20s) and justify it with he couldn't do any worse.
With no 9 or 6 Hunt was not the way to go. With that forward pack aginst a Canberra side down on form, experience was the way to go. It's shitty that we have injuries to our 6, 7 and 9 but thats the way it goes. Bennett can't blood a kid in a game where he will make no difference.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dexter said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Dexter said:
Yes once again it was all Perrys fault, he missed all those tackles that allowed 34 pointshe, dropped all the ball, he was responsible for the team selections, there's even a rumour he tripped Ennis up at training just make sure he was selected.

Clearly we all have said the whole side din't aim up in the first half. We have all said our selections by WB were bad. Perry is crap and shouldn't be there he is crap end of story no one blames him wholly for this loss.

No that is not clear from everyone, it's just the usual whingefest .
Who would you have had at half? Please don't tell me Hunt (u20s) and justify it with he couldn't do any worse.
With no 9 or 6 Hunt was not the way to go. With that forward pack aginst a Canberra side down on form, experience was the way to go. It's shitty that we have injuries to our 6, 7 and 9 but thats the way it goes. Bennett can't blood a kid in a game where he will make no difference.

If experience is the way to go why not give Alfie a jersey.. Why not give Hunt a run he would have a combination with the hooker in McCullough makes more sense to me than playing Perry in the 7.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Well Alf isn't in out top 25 or have a contract, hasn't trained in 5 years icon_thumbs_u

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Good grief - isn't it bloody obvious by now that Perry offers us nothing, and Stagg is not a 5/8?

As I have posted before, we WON'T win another game with Perry and Stagg in the halves (Hi Hammo) and I'd rather see us lose with young kids getting chances than with old hacks and non-5/8th's trying to lead us to nowhere.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
rnabokov said:
Good grief - isn't it bloody obvious by now that Perry offers us nothing, and Stagg is not a 5/8?

As I have posted before, we WON'T win another game with Perry and Stagg in the halves (Hi Hammo) and I'd rather see us lose with young kids getting chances than with old hacks and non-5/8th's trying to lead us to nowhere.

I agree 100% Perry got lucky in 2006 he is not up to NRL standard. Give the young boys ago I bet they surprise us..

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bennett might have made some poor decisions at picking the side, but he is one of the best coaches at knowing when a player is ready for first grade, and when he's not. And I seriously doubt Ben Hunt is ready yet.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Dexter, WB should blood kids on days like that because there is nothing to lose and they may offer something that Perry doesn't have (would not be hard at all). Why resign the side to defeat by playing a halves combination good for about 10 points max (Moon's try was a fluke and so was Perry's, so we should have scored 6) Perry is a hack at this level he offers nothing positive so there is no point in playing him.

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008
Am I correct in saying we didn't get a penalty in the full 80mins of that game?
Why do the Broncs put up bombs?Do they not know that we do not jump in our team?
Why did Perry kick on the third tackle when if we had spread it out wider we would or could have scored?Oh!How silly.That was Perry what else would you expect.

Do think it must have been a big ask mentally for the Origin boys especially Boyd to lift mentally today after the other night.We were crap but I guess the combination hasn't been together at all.
Gordie did say though that they trained badly this week and WB would have been expecting a loss but not a loss as bad as this one.

Thank God the old Bronc spirit came through though and we got the pride back in the last twenty or so.
There goes our P/D down the tubes not to mention catching up on the ladder.
Had to come I guess cos they havn't been good since Locky was with us for Parra.He is the differance in the team and we need him bad even if we have Wallace.
Hunt was at his usual gutsy best.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
Bennett might have made some poor decisions at picking the side, but he is one of the best coaches at knowing when a player is ready for first grade, and when he's not. And I seriously doubt Ben Hunt is ready yet.

See FCB BB AKA MB's post above.

As for Bennett's selections and bench rotation - pffft.

B

bigjim

BRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Bottom line. The Broncos enjoy the prospect of loosing because their marque players are missing. All I can say is, those players that took the field, weak as piss. I picked you guys to win, but as usual come this time of year, you find your typical reason to loose a close and tough game. Game of Origin woes.
That's why the Titans find little problem in beating you. No Balls.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
If it were a different reff we would of got smashed by even more imo. We held them down for so long and even times they got up and we tackled them again then held them down for ages again. I think the reff was being verry nice to us and thank god for that.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
In the end, people just seem to find the easiest person to blame, and blame everything on him. "It's Perry's fault they scored 30+ points"...yeah right. He is an average player, but he had a better game than a lot of our other players.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I think thats one of his better games he has played this year. He played better then i thought he would. And what was Bennett thinking taking McCullough and putting Stagg at hooker [eusa_doh
Im not blaming it on him or anything but that didn't help.
Well didnt Carney have a good game. A superstar in the future if he plays like that everygame.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
on abc grandstand tonight there was apparently a sms from a 'known' number suggesting Lockys injury is a different new one on the same knee and to expect a retirement announcement, how credable it was i dont know i just really hope its a load of crap..... he deserves to go out on his own terms or at least a world cup victory.....

Unread

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Shane Tronc
  • Morkel
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KickHaas
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncoFan94
  • Howie
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.