Broncos v Cowboys build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You have to blood new centres eventually and you can't be afraid to do so just because your bigname centre is absent, besides good performances in the offseason's should be rewarded and in Reed's case he deserves it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We have to blood the centres sooner or later, I think it is the right option. Beale has massive wraps on him and Reed has been compared to Paul Bowman so that sounds good.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Am I the only person who sees nothing in Alex Glenn? Getting a start over Te'o, geez.

And Thaiday in the front row = Thaiday circa 2008, not the 2010 line break machine. Bit disappointed with team tbh but will leave judgements till after the game.

Same remarks were said about David Stagg before he left, then same people bagged the Broncos for letting him go. Alex Glenn has plenty to offer the side in the centres or the backrow especially early on in the match, his no superstar but he is the type of player you can call upon to do a job and you know he will get it done for you and personally with Gillett starting and Thaiday in the frontrow(who improved as a player from his own efforts, not from just playing as a backrower, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him as a frontrower) I would like to have a player like Te'o off the bench to provide impact.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Glenn is in for a massive year IMO.. It is pretty clear to everyone he belongs in the back row. He will excel given the chance to start week in week out.

Te'o is one of the better impact players in the side so it makes sense to have him starting off the bench.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
GCBRONCO said:
You have to blood new centres eventually and you can't be afraid to do so just because your bigname centre is absent, besides good performances in the offseason's should be rewarded and in Reed's case he deserves it.

Not really.
You can start their career on the wing and eventually ease them into the centres which is one of the hardest position to defend in.
Much like Hodges but he started playing dummy half in the top grade.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Probably a blessing in disguise that Hodges is out for the first round it gives Griffin a chance to see both chances for the left centre spot in action. Best way to judge them is out on the park.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:

Not really.
You can start their career on the wing and eventually ease them into the centres which is one of the hardest position to defend in.

Sorry but it doesn't change the fact they are capable of playing in the centres, nor does it mean there aren't defensive concerns for that player out on the wing or in other positions that can arise should you start them elsewhere, I could easily target a centre playing out on the wing or at fullback for instance who isn't so great under the high ball or use players with speed and agility against a player who isn't so effective out wide defensively. I'd much prefer to put them in a position they feel much more confident and suited for their debut.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
GCBRONCO said:
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:

Not really.

Sorry but it doesn't change the fact they are capable of playing in the centres, nor does it mean there aren't defensive concerns for that player out on the wing or in other positions that can arise should you start them elsewhere, I could easily target a centre playing out on the wing or at fullback for instance who isn't so great under the high ball or use players with speed and agility against a player who isn't so effective out wide defensively. I'd much prefer to put them in a position they feel much more confident and suited for their debut.

Yeah that's why they are playing Beale who is a bench utility at best and Reed who is really a backrower in the centres.
If you're going to do that, may as well put Glenn and Te'o in the centres.
It is easier to defend on the wing than in the centres.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:
[quote="Big_Dave":2arexta4]
GCBRONCO said:

Not really.

Yeah that's why they are playing Beale who is a bench utility at best and Reed who is really a backrower in the centres.
It is easier to defend on the wing than in the centres.[/quote:2arexta4]

Are you WB?

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
draggx said:
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:
[quote="Big_Dave":lwp5oxi2]
GCBRONCO said:

Not really.

Are you WB?[/quote:lwp5oxi2]

I am family friends with WB, so I learn from the best icon_thumbs_u

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Up against a centre who should be in the backrow and a centre who's best days are past him?

I think we'll manage.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

You might have an arguement for Beale and in that case I would agree that Glenn or Te'o could have been a better selection but Reed has earnt his debut during the preseason and showed his worthy of a backing in the centres and I just don't see a problem with his selection there, I'd rather see at least one of Te'o or Glenn stay in the forwards then both in the centres if someone like Reed is available.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
GCBRONCO said:

You might have an arguement for Beale and in that case I would agree that Glenn or Te'o could have been a better selection but Reed has earnt his debut during the preseason and showed his worthy of a backing in the centres and I just don't see a problem with his selection there, I'd rather see at least one of Te'o or Glenn stay in the forwards then both in the centres if someone like Reed is available.

Te'o is wasted on the bench considering the Broncos starting centres for the game.
He is so dangerous on the fringes.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd much prefer to see the two kids in the centres rather than Te'o and Glenn in the centres.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
At full strength and fully fit the backline will be

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Yow Yeh
4. Hodges
5. Gagai

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Te'o is wasted on the bench considering the Broncos starting centres for the game.
He is so dangerous on the fringes.

Te'o isn't wasted on the bench because he provides great impact for the forwards from the bench and given Thaiday is playing prop and Gillett is starting in the backrow I think an impact backrower is needed.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big_Dave said:

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Yow Yeh
4. Hodges
5. Gagai

I can live with that.. Will be interesting to see if Yow Yeh is up the centres.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Yow Yeh
4. Hodges
5. Gagai

Could be though thats assuming that Kemp fully recovers from the evergrowing list of injuries, weight issues and poor form, or he could end up another Michaels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bronx48
  • Allo
  • Scdeac
  • Accept
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Galco
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.