Not open for further replies.
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Hodges out too. [icon_non

Pretty terrible back line really.

:| Hoffman, Gagai, Reed, Beale, Yow Yeh? Pretty exciting IMO. Sure, it's young, but the kids can play!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Experience wise.

Yeah, but lack of experience doesn't mean terrible. They key will be Wallace. If he performs, and the forwards get momentum, the young backs will go wild.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
I'm starting to think it might be worth putting one of the back rowers in the centres (Glenn I guess). Seems like we might be a little week in defense.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I still wouldn't mind Glenn instead of Beale..

But really looking forward to seeing Hoffman though.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
official team is mildly surprising
Thaiday & Anderson in the front row.
Glenn, Gillett & Parker backrow.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Gerard Beale
4. Jack Reed
5. Dane Gagai
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Ben Te'o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Shane Tronc

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Hook is putting his stamp early on.
Quite surprised at Glenn's starting spot ahead of Te'o, who he probably wants to use as a genuíne impact player from the bench.
Agree with Anderson ahead of Tronc, who can come in fresh when the forwards start to tire a bit and create havoc with his offloads.

Test of fire for the back 5, although there is plenty of talent on show!

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
I'm guessing he's looking for that spark that teo will bring off the bench rather than Glenn

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Porthoz said:
Quite surprised at Glenn's starting spot ahead of Te'o, who he probably wants to use as a genuíne impact player from the bench.
Agree with Anderson ahead of Tronc, who can come in fresh when the forwards start to tire a bit and create havoc with his offloads.

As I said earlier, I think the back 5 will be fine if the forwards and halves do their job.

If our forwards aren't getting go forward and we're trapped in our own half, then of course that young backline is going to crack under pressure. Have to play the game down the Cowboys' end and if they can do that, there's plenty of points in that line up.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
GO BRONCOS CANT WAIT. new job is one block over from suncorp - ideal for friday night games!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Coxy said:
Porthoz said:

As I said earlier, I think the back 5 will be fine if the forwards and halves do their job.

Of course, that goes without saying. I'm just worried about the critical times of a match, when the game is all locked up or when we need to defend our line for 2-3 sets or when the pressure is on to score a try inside the opposing 10.

I'd prefer Glenn over Beale.

Well we've got a young squad. Even with Hodges there we'd still be under pressure in that situation. And yes, we'll lose our share of close games this season.

I'm stoked with the line up and think it'll go gangbusters. Hannant missing is a bigger blow than Hodges, IMO.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
we will win by 47

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
we will win by 47

Thurston will kick a field goal to lead 7-0. Broncos will then score 9 converted tries unanswered.

R

RedHillGuy

BRL Player
Mar 14, 2008
Coxy said:
pennywisealfie said:
we will win by 47

Thurston will kick a field goal to lead 7-0. Broncos will then score 9 converted tries unanswered.

No it will be 54-0 to the broncos with 5mins to go and in the first bit of refereeing controversy for the year the refs will stunningly award a 7pt consolation try (Gus will go off).

Billy Harrigan will defend the innovation of creating new rules during games.

There will be then be question marks over some shady characters who will have lead a plunge on a 47pt margin.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
ethos said:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Gerard Beale
4. Jack Reed
5. Dane Gagai
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Ben Te'o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Shane Tronc

Love it. Exciting young backline, good balance in the forwards and impact from the bench, and Hodges and Hannant to come back as well. Can't wait for Friday night!!!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Tronc ahead of Ando is an interesting choice, would rather see them swap.

Very excited to see how they go.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
any idea on the cowboys side? i cant remember them having much to offer in the outside backs anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.