Broncos V Dragons Match Thread Spoilers

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
No. The Wallabies v. All Blacks match was one of the best football matches of this year. And it blew most of this weekends league out of the water.

Since I'm assuming you didn't even think to watch it, you will no longer comment on said game.... ;-)

I watched a bit of the union.. It was boring, maybe if Quade Cooper was playing or Australia won it would have been exciting.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
i saw the players making sandcastles on the field in the union, while they were supposed to be having a scrum.

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
I know the great man is being careful but I wish he would get more distance on his penalty kicks. At times yesterday he could have had us 20m further down field. We need all the ground we can get because our front row doesn't make enough ground.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Lolz, according to Nein this was the Broncos first win against the Queens in Brisbane since 2004

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Anonymous person said:
i saw the players making sandcastles on the field in the union, while they were supposed to be having a scrum.

Yeah. You'd never see a league team's home ground full of sand would you...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Boyd, well he wanted to go with Bennett

Not according to an article released this year where Boyd apparently came to Bennett with tears saying 'they don't want me'.

I agree with your sentiment though, Folau alone didn't cost us those players. Don't get me wrong, a few players were always going to have to make room for him BUT not to the extent where 12 or so players had to. Upgrading Wallace's contract, signing Te'o to a marquee contract and saving cash for Karmichael also played their part.

The Union game had some awesome tries but honestly I couldn't get into it. Union just isn't a watchable game.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
IMO the game was pretty exciting live at Suncorp...

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
enjoyed the ABs win, Brad Thorn still got it

Enjoyed the Broncs win too albeit a defence rounded game...onward and upward from here gotta keep that top8 spot

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kris Brisbane said:
IMO the game was pretty exciting live at Suncorp...

And on TV. Do not understand how such a tense, even game could remotely be considered boring by fans of either team. The last 3 minutes were nightmarish.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
i agree with gus, the game was far from excited. very very boring for the most part, but thats not the point, the point is we got the win

Exactly - 2 pts against the Dragons??? YES PLEASE...

1) Confidence builder
2) A game possibly penciled in for a loss = WIN ... as long as we don't do the reverse --> vital 2 pts

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Nashy said:
Anonymous person said:

Yeah. You'd never see a league team's home ground full of sand would you...
ive never seen entire square metres of grass get ripped up at a time causing the players in the scrum to fall over flat on their stomaches in league. have you?

Big Pete said:
I agree with your sentiment though, Folau alone didn't cost us those players. Don't get me wrong, a few players were always going to have to make room for him BUT not to the extent where 12 or so players had to. Upgrading Wallace's contract, signing Te'o to a marquee contract and saving cash for Karmichael also played their part.
remember, Henjak has even specifically said that Hunt was the cause of us losing a lot of those players, as they had set aside a huge chunk of money for him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Brisbane's decision to release the likes of Bulldogs stars Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis and David Stagg - all in red-hot form - has raised eyebrows.

"I would have liked to kept a few of those blokes but we had to re-sign Karmichael this year and we thought that was going to happen," Henjak said.

"When you make those decisions, you don't know what's going to happen six-seven months down the track.

"We put some money aside and that cost us one or two of those players as well. "Karmichael hasn't worked out. Some of those other decisions were out of our hands too."

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
yeah i know you did, but just wanting to post that link yet again to show that Hunt had FAR more to do with us losing players than Folau did.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
gUt said:
[quote="Kris Brisbane":1n2pyfm0]IMO the game was pretty exciting live at Suncorp...

And on TV. Do not understand how such a tense, even game could remotely be considered boring by fans of either team. The last 3 minutes were nightmarish.

It was frustrating. The thing is, most close, low scoring games always seem interesting and entertaining because either team always looks like scoring but the defence always seems too good for the attack. For example, in these sort of games, things get VERY exciting when you see the attacking team inside the 20 because you're waiting for the defence to crack. However, I did not once believe that the goal line defence was going to crack for either team because the attack that was thrown at the defence inside the 20 was absolutely horrendous.[/quote:1n2pyfm0]

Exactly. Frustrating.

The Broncos are re-defining the meaning of "flat". I can't believe that nearly every play involved a pass to a man standing still, who then decides to run but by then the defence is all over him.

How many times did Thaiday get the ball when he was full of running? I can't recall one.

Damn I wish this side would use some depth in attack and actually have (apart from Hoffman) players- particularly the forwards (except for Tronc who can't run) running onto a pass at speed.

However, what was good was that at long last, the defence actually moved up instead of waiting for them to come to us.

As for the Dragons, they again showed the bleeding obvious - bloody predictable attack nullified by a vigorous defence.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
In the article Henjak says Hunt only cost us 1-2 players which sounds pretty even with the rest of the factors.

Folau would've cost us a couple but I don't think anybody could suggest he wasn't worth it. This may sound controversial but I'd take Folau over BOTH Boyd and Kemp like the Broncos did in 2008.

Honestly, the Broncos worst decision was signing Clinton > Civoniceva. Probably cost ourselves a premiership with that decision.

Anyways didn't mean to take it too far off topic.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Frig me, every topic gets hijacked into the same damn arguments. This place is becoming annoying/boring.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
tkday said:
Frig me, every topic gets hijacked into the same damn arguments. This place is becoming annoying/boring.

It's nothing new. It's been like this forever. You're just a newbie and finally experiencing the real BHQ.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Ahhh I see. I think this game will be the boost that the guys needed. Watch the Broncos bring it home strong now! The next 3 games are Friday night games with the only real worry being Eels, but we can nail them good.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Jedhead
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • bert_lifts
  • bazza
  • Jazza
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Brocko
  • Strop
  • Totally Unr3al
  • mrslong
  • westy316
  • BroncosMan
  • Maroon4life
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.