Broncos v Dragons - Pre & Post-Game Discussion

oh my god, how many times were the broncos going to go the inside ball? So bloody predictable!

Coxy said:
oh my god, how many times were the broncos going to go the inside ball? So bloody predictable!

And when you throw that ball to David Stagg, it's never gonna work!!!!!! They need to realise that!!!

Jebadude said:
Coxy said:

And when you throw that ball to David Stagg, it's never gonna work!!!!!! They need to realize that!!!

It would have worked well with Hunt or Tunza running onto it. We missed those 2 boys heaps last night. Still a shot at the premiership if we realize we need to work harder and be more aggressive.

I think its terrible how we only play people like Watkins for very short minutes at the end of the match.

lyn said:
I think its terrible how we only play people like Watkins for very short minutes at the end of the match.

It is a waste of a bench spot why not have marsh on the bench and give him a crack with 10mins to go in each half.
Bennett has been great for the Broncos but I will be looking forward to seeing a few changes in the way we operate next season.

didnt get to see the game as theyre showed the Storm-roosters game live here...should i even bother waiting for a replay?

Watch the last three minutes to witness the awesome Moon try or the opening twenty. Apart from that the match is incredibly frustrating.

As for Ennis, yes he was our most creative player but that's only because Ennis only allows for himself to become the most creative player. During the second half I counted numerous oppurtunities for Ennis to go to Lockyer for potential points yet he went either to himself or Wallace where there was next to no chance. He's a talented player but incredibly thick at times which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him suspended if it means Marsh is going to be more of a team player.

On the video ref decision where the referee ruled a forward pass, is that within the rules?

Since the video ref was introduced I've never seen what happened last night.

If the referee thought it was forward, he should have never gone to the video ref. I thought once the video ref had the decision he couldn't call on the forward pass? Obviously the video ref has seen the forward pass on the replay and passed it back to the ref.

I've seen a number of tries over the years where clear forward passes have been involved in the try, yet the video referee has never been able to make any judgment on it, such as a ruling or forwarding it back to the referee on the ground.

Big Pete said:
Watch the last three minutes to witness the awesome Moon try or the opening twenty. Apart from that the match is incredibly frustrating.

As for Ennis, yes he was our most creative player but that's only because Ennis only allows for himself to become the most creative player. During the second half I counted numerous oppurtunities for Ennis to go to Lockyer for potential points yet he went either to himself or Wallace where there was next to no chance. He's a talented player but incredibly thick at times which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him suspended if it means Marsh is going to be more of a team player.

I also agree with you about Ennis's creativity and yet, taking the wrong options at critical times.

As some of us have posted previously, Ennis, Lockyer and Wallace (and Hunt) need to have a serious chat, as well as, as others have posted above, add a little something to our yet again predictability.

And again, Parker imo, is wasted space which is such a pity given his obvious talent.

How I'd love to see Taylor and Tunsa running out wide off Lockyer/Wallace with Hunt in support - and Bennett firing a barrage of rockets about offloads.

And fancy Robinson grabbing at Sailor after Dell took that high ball .... [eusa_doh . If he wasn't going to contest that high ball, He should have hit Sailor with everything he's got - which seems very little at the moment.

You.turned.a.Broncos.game.off.after.5.minutes.????????

Appalling

Maybe Michael was having a fat day?

On Ennis, he was good in parts, BUT it's not the quality of good stuff he does or doesn't do that is an issue, it's the amount that the negative stuff hurts us. He's great out of dummy half and makes great yards and that's fine, but his single mindedness and poor judgement is a real drama for us.

On so many other matters, but mainly GAME PLAN, I have to ask why WB can't come up with enough to keeps us in a game for more than 25 minutes.

On Lockyer, he played his guts out and miss having hunt or hodges or carrol to run off a pass, but he worked his guts out, played and tried so hard and I shudder to think what trouble we would've been in without him out there last night, because his class is one thing that makes the rest of the team still look like they are competitive.

At the start of the year Wallace was running 80% of our rucks, he would be first receiver then turn a forward back inside or pick up some one else.

We were playing with width and looking good then for some reason it all changed and 80% of everything is now off the D half.
1 pass and aim at the markers, no width and easy targets for packed defensive lines. I'd love to know what happened and why we revert back to this 1 up physical contest when what we started doing was going so well [icon_shru

Dexter, the pack was running freely and off loading aswell, giving supporters like wallace a second bite at the play. Now nothing. Kinda like the first game last year when the pack looked like it had been training to offload all offseason and looked okay, then when things got tough, they forgot about it and went back to the old solo runs and the season was as good as dead.

We need to get over trying to have a tough pack with Peter ryan training them, and get a pack that offloads and find former great offloading back rower or prop to come and train them all day and half the night about how you hit and pass. Our backs would kill with a pack that hits and passes, not does either.... we either run up one off and getted knocked over, or we run half side ways and pass the ball to someone lese for them to get knocked over.

Chumba said:
Dexter, the pack was running freely and off loading aswell, giving supporters like wallace a second bite at the play. Now nothing. Kinda like the first game last year when the pack looked like it had been training to offload all offseason and looked okay, then when things got tough, they forgot about it and went back to the old solo runs and the season was as good as dead.

We need to get over trying to have a tough pack with Peter ryan training them, and get a pack that offloads and find former great offloading back rower or prop to come and train them all day and half the night about how you hit and pass. Our backs would kill with a pack that hits and passes, not does either.... we either run up one off and getted knocked over, or we run half side ways and pass the ball to someone lese for them to get knocked over.

Sounds like a game plan that we all remember so well.

Off-loads? Wot's that?

Get Taylor and Eastwood running wide, and Locky, Wallace and Hunt coming up, making the plays, support runners... blah blah blah - it's all been said before only we don't do it.

Or do we have to wait till Benny moves on?

Coxy said:
You're wrong. But hey you're used to that. You can go join renouf, Broncos08, Nashy and Scotty in the Fail corner.

Big Pete: Very good point! Another dud decision.
I thought the biggest dud decision of the night was when they failed to see that Kemp went into touch. As soon as I saw that let go I knew the "football gods" would never let us win.

With Karmichael at fullback no doubt we would've won that match [eusa_doh

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.