Broncos v Dragons - Pre & Post-Game Discussion

rnabokov said:
But he doesn't attack the line much these days - just tends to catch and pass.

His time I think has come.

No way mate, he does most other things so well.

Hes on 1 leg gUt, he reads the play so well he can still back up but he runs like a busted arse.

RNA, Taylor in the starting 13? Not a big believer in D I take it.

jarro65 said:
I went to the game, and was stunned to see the NO TRY decision given to the second half effort from Kemp/Manihera.

Can somebody tell me what the ruling was on that please ? I know the video ref can't rule on a forward pass [icon_shru

Ruled the ball was knocked on, which is an absolute load of crap as technically it was not lost forward it was thrown forward (if it was forward which it wasn't), and in that case if not lost forward but thrown forward then it is a forward pass which the Video knobhead can not rule on.........now I'm confused.......all up a dreadful and incorrect decision and Finch will be getting a call from one angry coach on Monday morning with a please explain query. Jarrod should enjoy Premier league next week as his performance was abysmal, usually I won't criticise refs as I know how hard it is but on this occasion I was ropeable :evil: :evil:

On the game tonight not going to critique the whole team but thought Wallace was very quite, as if still playing injured for mine, I thought Manihera went well at least he left the ground not like Robinson the nuffy (still need Kaine's picture Broncos [eusa_naugh ), Locky was a one man band for us and liked his comment after the game that reaffirmed for me that he will be at the club for a long while longer and that all the crap floating around about him his mere innuendo.

In the forward Clinto went well again, DT went well in stages just to unfit for mine and this was shown up 8 minutes (only) into the 2nd half when he didn't cover the inside and Cooper scored. Hannant is so out of form I'm afraid I'm not going to miss him, good to see Sammy awake and Ennis was at his scheming best from dummy half.

All I can say is hurry back K, Hodgo, TC and Beasty we will need all on deck to beat th Titans as tonight with the Rooters loss we gave up a golden opportunity to be just behind the Rooters and possibly have got a home semi.

Clinton is slowly turning out to be a pretty good buy. Loved his runs in the first half.

Coxy said:
You're wrong. But hey you're used to that. You can go join renouf, Broncos08, Nashy and Scotty in the Fail corner.

Jeeze you're up yourself

Anyone else think that 6-to-go call against Lockyer was a) incorrect and b) the turning point in the match?

No probably the correct call based on others this season, turning point yes maybe, Maxwell's overall performance a turning point yes definately, and to make matters worse the rude prick (Maxwell) kept burping all night in my ear into the Sportsears !!!

Aeetee said:
Jeeze you bait eazy

Maybe he does, but Coxy seems to attempt and wind up people in almost every thread these days and it's becoming rather lame and pathetic.

My thoughts on the game:

I wish we had more players like Dave Taylor. Played his heart out tonight. He was immense IMO. The amount of strength he has is amazing. Desperately unlucky not to score.

Sammy Thaiday and Joel Clinton were also excellent. Worked their arses off and ran hard.

Kemp was very good in patches but also let himself down a few times.

I like Stagg, but he doesn't really bring anything to the team.

Corey Parker had another shocker. Well it wasn't really a shocker since he didn't do anything at all.

Dave Taylor was my MOTM.

Taylor was great. He didn't play many minutes, missed a few tackles, but he made a lot of great runs during the little time he's had. He should be in the side for the rest of the season IMO.

gUt said:
Anyone else think that 6-to-go call against Lockyer was a) incorrect and b) the turning point in the match?

Correct call.

A similar call was made against the Raiders last year when they played us up here in Suncorp. Was the real turning point of the match as we made a comeback following what appeared to be the match sealer from Carney. So I have no qualms with the call.

With that said it certainly was an unlucky moment for Lockyer and the boys and well and truly gave St. George the momentum as our boys were really starting to tire (eg. Thaiday and Taylor) which allowed them to cut us up in the middle.

Still it was one of those calls that felt like a stiff kick in the balls even though it was ultimately the right one. [icon_wink

Russo said:
On the game tonight not going to critique the whole team but thought Wallace was very quite, as if still playing injured for mine,

Thats because ennis thinks he can do everything on his own. A player can demand the ball but unless the dummy half gives it to him he is obviously going to be quiet. I thought he was good in defence though.
Ennis is fast becoming a very selfish player who can cost you a game. He is a good player but will be glad to see the back of him.

Russo said:
Ruled the ball was knocked on, which is an absolute load of crap as technically it was not lost forward it was thrown forward (if it was forward which it wasn't), and in that case if not lost forward but thrown forward then it is a forward pass which the Video knobhead can not rule on

From where I was sitting, I thought it was a knock on.

I haven't seen the replay yet.

Robinson getting chosen pisses me off so much. Atleast can't someone just tell him to jump up and wack it out if he is just going to stand there.

Prince Langer said:
Russo said:
On the game tonight not going to critique the whole team but thought Wallace was very quite, as if still playing injured for mine,

Thats because ennis thinks he can do everything on his own. A player can demand the ball but unless the dummy half gives it to him he is obviously going to be quiet. I thought he was good in defence though.
Ennis is fast becoming a very selfish player who can cost you a game. He is a good player but will be glad to see the back of him.

Agreed. Ennis tries to do a bit too much. Look we have the best bloody 5/8 in the world and the NSW halfback and Ennis is doing all the kicking and it realy annoys me sometimes.

I thought Ennis was our best creative player last night, or at least as good as Lockyer. Watch the replay again and tally up his good moments and his mistakes, I would bet his good plays would double his bad. The Broncos will miss him.

Wallace not getting the ball seemed to be as much Lockyer's fault as Ennis'. Once the Dragons worked out what was happening, we looked so predictable.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Jazza
  • Wild Horse
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mister Wright
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.