Broncos v Dragons - Pre & Post-Game Discussion

The broncos are gonna have to be carefull now, the only guaranteed win i can see is the bulldogs, tits and knights are gonna be hard, we really need to get our act together and fast or we could see ourselves finishing 7th-8th.... if we can get our best side or atleast the same side on the field for the last 3 it might be enough to get a bit of momentum to give the title a tilt but we will have to win big in the next 3 weeks imo....

Just tell Hodges to smarten up and stop being a fuckwit on the field. Then we might keep him on the field for more than a couple of weeks.

Crowd was 33,000 something if anyone was wondering. Not too bad given how friggin cold it was!!

Robinson wasn't the only bad winger IMO, Manihera was pretty bad as well under the high ball. Got owned both times under the high ball IIRC, but luckilly (I guess... in the end it didn't matter) the Dragons only scored once from that.

When Hodges and Hunt are back, I want to see

1. Hunt
2. Kemp (seems a lot safer under the high ball then he used to be)
3. Moon (Was impressive in attack tonight when he got the ball. Good at drawing and passing)
4. Hodges
5. Boyd (currently our best possible winger, and one of our best finishers).

Alec said:
Robinson wasn't the only bad winger IMO, Manihera was pretty bad as well under the high ball. Got owned both times under the high ball IIRC, but luckilly (I guess... in the end it didn't matter) the Dragons only scored once from that.

1. Hunt
3. Moon (Was impressive in attack tonight when he got the ball. Good at drawing and passing)
4. Hodges

Far out. Manihera at least CONTESTED all the bombs that went his way. Unlike Totem Robinson.

Plus Manihera actually looked good running the ball. His break in the first half with a great hit and spin...brilliant.

Moon...far out, only thing i saw him do was own Gasnier with some tackles and fall over the line for the try at the death. Did bugger all.

Boyd has been solid in the centres and should stay there.

Coxy said:
Alec said:

1. Hunt
4. Hodges

Far out. Manihera at least CONTESTED all the bombs that went his way. Unlike Totem Robinson.

Plus Manihera actually looked good running the ball. His break in the first half with a great hit and spin...brilliant.

Moon...far out, only thing i saw him do was own Gasnier with some tackles and fall over the line for the try at the death. Did bugger all.

Boyd has been solid in the centres and should stay there.

He contested them, true, but what's the point of contesting if you can't catch it anyway?

The only thing Moon did was own Gasnier in tackles? Gasnier...one of the most damaging centres in attack? Moon has all the right qualities for a centre, and he did a lot more than Boyd tonight.

It's all about balance, and Moon at centre + Boyd on the wing is a hell of a lot better than Boyd at centre and Manihera on the wing.

Coxy don't forget the stupid penalty awarded against Dave Taylor for making a good tackle on Ben Rogers on the 5th tackle ensuring the Broncos had possession on the Dragons thirty. No way Taylor was off-side and yet Dragons get a penalty and score from it. A real kick in the balls.

You're wrong. But hey you're used to that. You can go join renouf, Broncos08, Nashy and Scotty in the Fail corner.

Big Pete: Very good point! Another dud decision.

Big Pete said:
Coxy don't forget the stupid penalty awarded against Dave Taylor for making a good tackle on Ben Rogers on the 5th tackle ensuring the Broncos had possession on the Dragons thirty. No way Taylor was off-side and yet Dragons get a penalty and score from it. A real kick in the balls.

Yeah I wondered about that decision. The most painful decision tho was the Lockyer 6-to-go. They ended up getting 12 points off that disgusting call. Lockyer was absolutely screaming (not that he can scream, let's say he was rasping) at the ref for that one.

Wasn't the ref's fault that the inside men did not cover up for Cooper and Gasnier's (first) tries.

As for Manihera, it's basically impossible to take a bomb on the defensive when your opposition has a running go at it and you're still. I thought he had a pretty good game and I like the way he looks to get himself involved. Robinson however runs like a cat. I thought he had some guts but he's pretty soft it seems.

Pretty gutted by this loss, especially after the first half.

Manihera was fine in attack. Moon was great in both aspects. Easy decision IMO, especially considering Boyd is a better winger than centre.

with that performance we will be lucky to keep 7th or 8th spot. titans are a danger game and so is the knights. we will probably make the dogs look good too.

Sick of the broncos letting other teams get back in the game.

I went to the game, and was stunned to see the NO TRY decision given to the second half effort from Kemp/Manihera.

Can somebody tell me what the ruling was on that please ? I know the video ref can't rule on a forward pass [icon_shru

nopatience101 said:
we are kidding ourselves if we think we are any chance at the title, we are just lucky the two teams above us are even worse.... lockyer has lost a hell of alot of speed....

Not only that - he has lost the ability to make a break.

His game now is to have class runners off him.

And IMO, Hannant, Parker and Stagg are just a waste of space.

Taylor must be in the stating 13.

rnabokov said:
nopatience101 said:
we are kidding ourselves if we think we are any chance at the title, we are just lucky the two teams above us are even worse.... lockyer has lost a hell of alot of speed....

I must say I am struggling to remember the last time he went himself.

However I think Hornby chased him down because Locky looked a bit off balance. I think he's still pretty quick when he wants to be.

gUt said:
rnabokov said:
nopatience101 said:

I must say I am struggling to remember the last time he went himself.

However I think Hornby chased him down because Locky looked a bit off balance. I think he's still pretty quick when he wants to be.

But he doesn't attack the line much these days - just tends to catch and pass.

His time I think has come.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • bazza
  • Manofoneway
  • mrslong
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Maddy
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BruiserMk1
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.