Broncos v Souths *spoilers*

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Can someone help me with something though...towards the end when corey parker got pushed into touch howcome to the Broncos got the ball back? Must have been something that I missed. I thought it may have been called a knocked on from Sandow??

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Playboy Bunny said:
I think Karmichael has to go, he's nothing.

I'd much rather he stay.

If anyone has to go it's Michaels. I sound like a broken record, but i am welly and truly pissed off with his efforts tonight.

I agree that michaels really needs some work or has to go. I just didn't really see Karmichael get into it tonight like he usually does. I know he may have been a bit tired but still...

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Wallace should have stood up tonight with Lockyer out, but once again he didn't.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Playboy Bunny said:
Can someone help me with something though...towards the end when corey parker got pushed into touch howcome to the Broncos got the ball back? Must have been something that I missed. I thought it may have been called a knocked on from Sandow??

The referee was playing advantage from when Sandow knocked on. icon_thumbs_u

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Playboy Bunny said:
I just didn't really see Karmichael get into it tonight like he usually does. I know he may have been a bit tired but still...

Fair enough.

I think the effort was there, but with the ball in hand he didn't have his best night.

Cracking ball to put Taylor over for a try though.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kaz said:
Wallace should have stood up tonight with Lockyer out, but once again he didn't.

I thought Wallace played a good game.. it was his support runners etc that let him down.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Don't be too hard on Michaels defence tonight, its not 1 players fault. The whole left side has no idea what to do especially when the attacking side bring an extra player over around the back of the ruck.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
ningnangnong said:
The referee was playing advantage from when Sandow knocked on. icon_thumbs_u
Didn't he run over 20 metres? Thus the advantage should have been over.

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
I don't think Corey got past 10meters...but I could be wrong.

God it was funny when the ref got knocked out. All the people in the background were laughing. I know I wouldn't wanna be coping Carols knee.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
How can advantage be over when he was put out with no real gainage in meters, the orginal knock on happened about 5 meters away, Parker went back and picked up the ball, then ran sideways for a bit; he only wnet forwards for a little bit.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Maybe I am thinking of the wrong tackle. I didn't really watch the game as I was listening to it live and will watch the Fox Sports replay at 1am so I can watch it all.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Dexter said:
Don't be too hard on Michaels defence tonight, its not 1 players fault. The whole left side has no idea what to do especially when the attacking side bring an extra player over around the back of the ruck.

Dear Dexter

I write to you to inform you of the program. It says that everything that goes wrong is Steve Michaels' fault. ALWAYS. I hope this brings you up to speed with the truth.

Regards,
Ari Gold

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Dexter said:

True.

Although i think his indecisiveness played a major factor in the majority of tries Souths scored down that side.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
ningnangnong said:
Dexter said:

True.

Although i think his indecisiveness played a major factor in the majority of tries Souths scored down that side.
I think he should have been moved after the 2nd try. The problem is who do you move there? The committment was not there from any Broncos players really.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
No doubt nnn, I just dislike how so many latch on to 1 player (Shane Perry, Darius Boyd) and heap the blame onto them.
We have far bigger problems than just Michaels poor reads especially when he gets isolated so easily because those inside him are not defending well themselves.
Our whole left side has no idea how to defend in a given situation.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
But constant Michaels defenders are kidding themselves in my opinion. You are blind if you think Steve Michaels is a gun first grade centre in today's game. He's definitely not up to Bronco standard as far as I'm concerned.

Sometimes... you just have to cut a player because they don't have the talent or at the very least suited to other teams. He might be a decent centre at a team like the Raiders or something but at the Broncos? Lets get serious. Harsh but fair IMO.

Tonight's game was just another example. You can't keep defending him. It's bullshite.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Who has taught the ?Broncos that shoulder charges are the way to go? FFS, it's a freaking joke. They need to learn to tackle and fast.

Steve Michaels should have been hooked after 20 minutes, he needs to spend some time in the reserve grade and get his confidence back. If Henjak can't see that he needs to step down.

Next week I'd like to see Hunt in at first receiver instead of Gorrell, Gorrell had nothing but slowness and indecisiveness, at least Hunt has vision and a good kicking game. Hoffman looked OK in his final 20 minutes & Hunt will be better for the rest.

Would have been nice if Stagg was sitting on the side line for us instead of the Dogs, seriousy we need someone like him to go out and tackle everyone that moves and strengthen the defence. We keep sliding back in defence instead of moving up on the opposition, it's soooo frustrating to watch.

ANd of course we're going to bag Michaels it was his fault that they scored 5 of their tries....sheesh! Why should his team mates cover his poor reads, he leaves them high and dry constantly.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • MrMoore
  • lakers133334
  • Galah
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • RodF
  • winslow_wong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • Browny
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.