Broncos v Titans build-up thread

The Rock said:
Lol, henjak has no choice but to make changes. If he doesn't then i will start to lose confidence in him.

Your optimism is quite good, I think most people have already lost confidence in him!

dandan said:
Hunt is not a five/eight you could see that from last nights game, he is too predictible and has no passing game wats so ever.
What makes Hunt a great fullback is the way he runs back the ball and under the high ball is great.
Hes a better 5/8 than Gorrell, thats for sure. As soon as Gorrell came off we looked better with Hunt at 5/8.
His passing game isn't bad. Someone who has no passing game whatsoever is Slater.. Hunt is 100x better than that.
We don't really have many other options..

Ben Hunt has nothing...

U20's performances DO NOT translate to NRL.

forward_pass said:
Ben Hunt has nothing...

U20's performances DO NOT translate to NRL.

He's got plenty of talent. But 1 game in the NRL isn't going to make him a great player. He needs time at the top level with players like Wallace, Hunt and Hodges around him to help him develop.

Yep, but now isn't the time to bring B Hunt into first grade. Bring him in at the start of the season.. not while we're in a rut trying to make the finals.

Do you think it really makes a difference one way or the other whether we're trying to make the finals.
Even if we scrape into the eight if we are playing the way we are playing now, it will only be one game in which we get thrashed. I think there may be some merit to giving B Hunt another go. Don't load him up with info, just tell him to go out and play what he sees in front of him, no pressure, do the best he can.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Justin Hodges
5. Steve Michaels
6. Karmichael Hunt
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Guy Williams
13. Corey Parker

14. Tonie Carroll
15. Lagi Setu
16. Josh McGuire
17. Dave Taylor

Glenn usually played around the left hand side of the field last year in the Under 20's, give him ago there and bring Michaels onto the wing outside of Hodges where he surely can't stuff up.

Hoffman at Fullback so Hunt and Wallace can run the team around.

McCullough retains his spot (I thought he was decent last night). Thaiday comes in dropping Te'o who's unneccesary and Williams can retain his spot as tackle dummy. Kenny coming in should help tighten our defence more.

Bench is pretty solid.

If we're to win this game, we're going to have to really test out their right hand side where Delaney is terribly complacent. I'd also be giving a lot of early ball to Hodges who will be going up against an inexperienced Esi Tonga and Kevin Gorden, if given the room he could cause some real havoc.

Agree with most of the changes - If Ivan "doesn't" make some changes I think that would be a scared decision IMO. He HAS to.

Going by his comments after the game there won't be any changes.. hes fucking clueless if he makes no changes.

1. K Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Hodges
4. Carroll
5. Hoffman
6. Glenn
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Teo

14. Taylor
15. McGuire
16. Williams
17. Setu

Forget the attack for the next couple of weeks.
Must stop leaking the tries.
Carroll back to the centres. Glenn to 5/8th which he played last year for the u20s.

Tiger_Woods said:
1. K Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Hodges
4. Carroll
5. Hoffman
6. Glenn
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Teo

14. Taylor
15. McGuire
16. Williams
17. Setu

Forget the attack for the next couple of weeks.
Must stop leaking the tries.
Carroll back to the centres. Glenn to 5/8th which he played last year for the u20s.

I'm not sure about this idea. Do you think Carroll will be up to playing in the centres for a whole game. Is he fast enough? Is he fit enough? I don't know.. If not then maybe have Williams play there, he can play centre.

Glenn at 5/8 is an interesting one and it would definitely strengthen our defense but the only negative is he doesn't have a kicking game. Wallace's long kicking game isn't the best, McCullough hasn't been able to kick well since debuting and Hunt only has a good short kicking game IMO.

I would make Te'o defend in the middle of the field too. He hits hard in tackles and does damage but i'm not too keen about him defending on the fringes. Setu and Taylor are Liabilities in defense but I can't see who we could pick instead..

Carroll will be fine. He plays with his heart, not his belly

First thing we should worry about the centres is that they know how the defend. Attack should come 2nd at this stage.

Actually I changed my mind.
I would go with this:
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Antonio Winterstein
3.Alex Glenn
4.Justin Hodges
5.Dale Copley
6.Peter Wallace
7.Nat Bowman
8.Josh McGuire
9.Andrew McCullough
10.Joel Clinton
11.Guy Williams
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Corey Parker ©

14.Tonie Carroll
15.Ben Te’o
16.Lagi Setu
17.David Taylor
18.Aaron Sweeney

Wont suprise me at all if Henjak goes with same old same old though...
If Kenny is back then move McGuire to bench and drop Setu maybe.

I dunno who else to pick but these guys are the best we have got for this type of situation just throw the other jerseys to whomever turns up first.

2. Minto
3. Kelly
4. Michaels
5. Bott
6. Ikin
7. Berrigan
8. Meyers
9. Swain
10. Mapp
11. Carlaw
12. Sims

14. Tony

The Gymp said:
I dunno who else to pick but these guys are the best we have got for this type of situation just throw the other jerseys to whomever turns up first.

2. Minto
3. Kelly
4. Michaels
5. Bott
6. Ikin
7. Berrigan
8. Meyers
9. Swain
10. Mapp
11. Carlaw
12. Sims

14. Tony

Yes Please!

I liked Motu Tony. LOL

Apparently he wants to come back to the NRL...

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.