Broncos v Titans build-up thread

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Beads6 said:
For us to score 20 points without both our halves and fullback is huge IMO.... Defence need a lot of work I don;t even know if they use a defensive structure it doesn;t look like it..

This is just a nit-pick but didn't we only score 18?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
^ yeah lol but we got robbed a fair try so really it was 24!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

When?
That knock on one. To me that wasn't a knock on. The ball was still in his hands and got pushed out by a titans player unless I didn't see it right!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

When?
That knock on one. To me that wasn't a knock on. The ball was still in his hands and got pushed out by a titans player unless I didn't see it right!

Nah he never had control of the ball. So as soon as it touched zillman it was a knock on. Correct call.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

When?

I thought the same thing the first time I saw it. However, it hit the Titans player's (sorry, I forgot his name) head, so the ball must have gone forward.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Here's my two cents;

Firstly, I'm not overly disappointed with the loss. Obviously I would have preferred to win, but given the personnel we were missing and the inexperience in our lineup in comparison to the Titans - a win probably wasn't a realistic expectation.

We started the game strongly. I would have liked us to take the tap instead of the penalty kick early on because we had them on the ropes and a try could have given us a lot more confidence early on. The Titans first try was a good play, but the other two were pretty soft. At halftime I remained hopeful that with the right attitude we could get right back in it, but when Prince scored his try, and seeing both Hoffman and Copely show no urgency what so ever to get to the ball, I threw in the towel.

I can't describe how happy I am with the way we finished the game. We were down and out, and then we came back to win the second half. We showed guts and determination, and more importantly, we were playing some good, expansive footy. We captialised on the chances that we were given, and we ground it out. I'm so proud of the effort tonight. It would have been easy to give up knowing that we had already lost the game - but we didn't. Hopefully this will be the kick start we need to get our season back on track.

We controlled the ball, and had a good completion rate. Our defense up the middle was much tighter than previous games and we looked more dangerous in attack in patches. I thought Gorrell did pretty well tonight given it was his second ever game at 5/8. That kick for Winterstein's second try was pretty good. Hunt had a strong second half and showed great strength to get a few offloads away. Taylor was strong and Hodges looked dangerous when he was given some space.

All in all, with a few players back next week I hope we can get the win against the Raiders. There are good things to come!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
KrispyKris said:
broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

When?

I thought the same thing the first time I saw it. However, it hit the Titans player's (sorry, I forgot his name) head, so the ball must have gone forward.

I forgot though. There was another chip where the broncos kicker was taken out. Should've been a penalty but we got nothing. Refereeing didn't help tonight. Very much a home team effort from maxwell.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So should we expect all 6 players back next week(besides Folau)? The Broncos website says round 21 for 6 of them but I'm not sure how updated that list is.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Both Lockyer and Thaiday are 50-50 prospects.

Hunt, Wallace, Kenny and Carroll will be available.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I think all except Locky and Folau should be back next week.

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Two positives tonite, the Titans didn't score 50 and we actually scored 3 tries plus the fact that Hodges and Taylor were outstanding. Only 6 more weeks to go and this horrid season is over and if either of Cullen, Henjak, Sims, Clinton, Gorrell, Micheals, Teo or Setu are part of the organization next year, then I'll be handing in my membership.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Good to hear we showed a bit of fight this week considering our inexperience and the fact we were playing the team coming third.

I'll be watching a replay of the game with interest tomorrow morning.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I was at the game and i have a question for those who watched the game on TV. 2 mins into the second half when Hodges put that chip over the top and the ref ruled a 20m tap, from where we were sittinf behind that set of goalposts, it looked like the Titans player never even went in goal, (so how could it be a 20m tap) if anyone remembers in he leave the in goal and catch the ball on the full, in goal)

it was the first Titans 20m tap of the second half about 2 mins in

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Foordy said:
I was at the game and i have a question for those who watched the game on TV. 2 mins into the second half when Hodges put that chip over the top and the ref ruled a 20m tap, from where we were sittinf behind that set of goalposts, it looked like the Titans player never even went in goal, (so how could it be a 20m tap) if anyone remembers in he leave the in goal and catch the ball on the full, in goal)

it was the first Titans 20m tap of the second half about 2 mins in

Nah, he definitely caught it in goal. (Unless there was another instance where Hodges kicked the ball)

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Foordy he definately made it in goal, he placed both feet behind the white line just as the ball arrived to him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
Foordy he definately made it in goal, he placed both feet behind the white line just as the ball arrived to him.

ok cool, it just didn't look like it from where we were sitting icon_thumbs_u

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
kelsey tisdale said:
Two positives tonite, the Titans didn't score 50 and we actually scored 3 tries plus the fact that Hodges and Taylor were outstanding. Only 6 more weeks to go and this horrid season is over and if either of Cullen, Henjak, Sims, Clinton, Gorrell, Micheals, Teo or Setu are part of the organization next year, then I'll be handing in my membership.
Haha sorry to say this but you will be handing in your membership mate. What have you got against Clinton? He has been fantastic this year.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Seibs
  • Skyblues87
  • TimWhatley
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.