Broncos v Warriors in-game *spoilers*

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If only Taylor would have pulled his finger out and started playing like this sooner as well as dropping the lazy BS regarding fitness and training. Imagine what he could be like if he was disciplined, kept in shape and was consistent. I don't think the bunnies will get much more out of him than we have however.

Carroll seemed to lift the team immediately when he came on. Made some big hit-ups and hard tackles, exactly what our forwards need. It's seemed like we have had no sting whatsoever recently.

Still big improvements to make but I can see us still having a decent season if we keep moving forward.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
Any freakin updates on Folau and Clinton? Seriously not one? Does anyone know how serious the injuries are for those 2?

... "who cares ? they're Broncos"

is the attitude ..

:roll:

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
My spies tell me that Folau's injury isn't season ending but it will be at least a month, Clinton has suffered severe concussion, luckily we got the bye next weekend. Good second half by our boys although a quality side would've wrapped it up in the first half, Tunza added much needed toughness and I don't recall him missing a tackle, Dave Taylor showed everyone what he is capable of and I think it's ridiculous on a side which has very little forward strength that our most promising one is leaving, he is just not utilized properly, most people forget that he is just a kid, a young father with the weight of the world on his shoulders, I blame the coach for Taylor's woes this year. Well. a win is a win, a bye next week and then the pathetic Rabbitohs the week after, maybe this is the start of a mini revival. Let's hope.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
kelsey tisdale said:
I blame the coach for Taylor's woes this year.

I don't think Henjak can be blamed for Taylors performances. he was under Bennett for a few years first and even the great Wayne Bennett couldn't get him to perform most of the time.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Have to lol at the Sydney Morning Herald article that reckon Taylor may have played himself into a Origin jersey.

Watching the replay tho looks like he put a good effort in. The bunnies game will be a good test to see if he can back it up

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
If Taylor played every game this year like that then maybe he would be worthy of a call up from origin. But dead set he has been terrible all year and it's about time he put in a big effort.
Shillington/Kenny/Meyers/Scott/Tronc/Parker/Stagg/Luck/Tolman/Bolton/Costigan are a few off the top of my head that aren't in the current team that I would pick over Taylor for QLD.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
He totally destroyed tonight. Of course that's the last time we'll see that in Broncos jersey, he'll be back to his usual crap in two weeks.

I did note that around the half hour mark that we started defending better and there seemed to be less offloads, as a result we won the game from there. See what good defence does!

At least with the bye we'll be giving Izzy and Clinton a chance to recover.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
And how cold was it? Second coldest of the year, can't remember if it was the Eels match or the Titans that was really bitterly cold.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Just seen the Winterstein try on replay. Fark me dead! Where has that been the last month?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Credit to Joel Clinton. Brave fella.

Concussed early in the second half and then played on only to get knocked out. Still managed to make a fair amount of metres. Love how he always runs at the line with pace, none of this lumbering up shit.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Epic game, pretty much echo exactly why Rock said.

However... how funny was it when i think Fatty said (about Taylor) "He looks at food and gains weight" hahaha

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
ningnangnong said:

Concussed early in the second half and then played on only to get knocked out. Still managed to make a fair amount of metres. Love how he always runs at the line with pace, none of this lumbering up shit.
Who are some front rowers that run it up as hard as Clinton for every hit up they make? There aren't many!
I'm so happy with his 2009 form. Could a sky blue jumped be coming his way? I doubt it.. he should be looked at atleast. I would pick him for NSW though.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
lyn said:
ningnangnong said:

Who are some front rowers that run it up as hard as Clinton for every hit up they make? There aren't many!
I'm so happy with his 2009 form. Could a sky blue jumped be coming his way? I doubt it.. he should be looked at atleast. I would pick him for NSW though.

He definitely deserves to be there. He has put in a massive effort in pretty much every game he's played this season.

I've been really impressed with his improvement from last season.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Wondering, how many minutes did Guy Williams play tonight?

I don't think i saw him in the second half. I checked the stats, and he made about thirty tackles but only four runs.

Nothing against Williams, but i would have preferred to see Alex Glenn start.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I thought we lifted the second Tunza came on.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Guy Williams tackled tackled tackled while he was on the field, it allowed Thaiday to run wider.
I think Guy williams was fantastic and reminds me a little of david stagg.
I hope he stays in the run on side & let him tackle all day saving Thaiday for the wider running!

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Guy Williams made 35 tackles in 34 minutes.
Thats crazy!
If he went 80 minutes doing that, he would smash all records.
The record for most tackles in a game stands at 74 in a game, and that was by michael luck this year - which was a golden point 90 minute game.
Now im not saying he's gonna be an 80 minute player, but geez his tackle rate is top notch! No wonder we saw thaiday running wider tonight!
Top Stuff !

Unread

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  • Manlyman
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Gympie devil
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • phoenix
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.