Broncos Vrs Eels match thread.

There were so many runs by a select few who were terrible. They kept only gaining 1 or 2 metres, sometimes losing metres. I can't remember who they were, pretty sure it was Yow Yeh and Winters like you said broncospwn. I remember I kept thinking, why the hell aren't the big men making more runs and why are these smaller guys coming in and doing nothing.

+1 spawn...it is amazing that ning and Coxy simply cannot understand that Wallace has returned from a major injury and needs/needed time to continue his improvement...such high standards that doubtless are never expected of themselves in their private lives. Private lives I might add that they feel should be kept that way unlike someone who, God forbid plays football and is paid for it, is not entitled too. At least half the halfbacks are not performing as well as Wallace, after all they are not in the top eight and therefore must be underperforming. (Heavens, what abuse and derision those other lesser half-backs must be copping hey !!) Here at the Broncos we rip shreds off ours if they don't score at least two trys and set up three others.We all know that must be true because the other halfbacks did'nt set up a try and score one as well [icon_non

Peter Wallace was the reason we won last time...were he not there, we'd have lost. I'm still dumbfounded at such abuse. :shock:

Your usual wit on display. Coxy, you can be truly infantile at times. Abuse without substance and no justification for your dislikes.

Says the guy who brought in some pointless drivel about private lives etc when this particular debate has nothing to do with that.

If indeed Wallace was the only reason the Broncos won, why do all the good judges in the BHQ POTS not have him running away with it this week? In fact, hardly anyone has him in their top 3. Funny that...

Who else scored and why...that's right Wallace set them up for it...no Wallace no win..

Wow. So only the people who are involved in scoring plays have any bearing on a win or loss?

Nice one. Good to see you know jack shit about footy!

Well at least we didnt drop Wallace at the start of the season and had Tim Smith in his place as some here were demanding cause Smith has been going great guns for Cronulla *cough*cough*

Well, here's why seeing you need it in plain English....you need heroes because you know you'll never be one. So you deify footballers, expect ludicrous standards of them and feel aggrieved when they fail to measure up to the standards you yourself are unable to achieve. In short, your half what it takes to be a man. Your hyper critical, insanely so at times. You also have the twisted notion that when a person is highly paid that any failure gives you some right to be critical. A classic underachiever. Soft and in love with hard men, wishing you could be one.

Geez, you can't even constructively criticise a player anymore without someone taking personal offence.

Constructive criticism ??? !!!!...a player is shit is not constructive...giving advice is when it's appropriate. Perhaps if posters gave advice on how to be better it would be okay but simply criticising their performances most especially when that player was the difference between winning and losing is just plain wrong.

simmo77 said:
Well at least we didnt drop Wallace at the start of the season and had Tim Smith in his place as some here were demanding cause Smith has been going great guns for Cronulla *cough*cough*

Indeed I was NOT one of those.

And I have not, and am still not calling for Wallace to be dropped.

I'm simply saying he's not playing as well as the Broncos need him to play, or as well as he is capable of.

Huge. said:
Well, here's why seeing you need it in plain English....you need heroes because you know you'll never be one. So you deify footballers, expect ludicrous standards of them and feel aggrieved when they fail to measure up to the standards you yourself are unable to achieve. In short, your half what it takes to be a man. Your hyper critical, insanely so at times. You also have the twisted notion that when a person is highly paid that any failure gives you some right to be critical. A classic underachiever. Soft and in love with hard men, wishing you could be one.

[icon_lol1. Oh dear. Did I hurt your feelings, princess? That's one of the best rants and personal attacks I've ever seen!

user_nat said:
Maybe we need a Wallace is over the hill thread.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

The Sad Decline of Peter Wallace icon_thumbs_u

No, my feelings are undamaged and unchanged. Perhaps Coxy if you chose your words more wisely and had in fact simply written what you had four posts above then people like me would not take your snide and hurtful comments to heart. Sure, by all means state your unhappy with a players contribution, no problem there. It's when you attack a player, needlessly and offer no constructive advice to remedy what you perceive as a shortcoming, that offends the sensibilities.

Were I to actually point out your failings ceaselessly then you would inevitably feel hurt and disappointed. I would say though, your description of your actions on the day you attended the Bulldogs game a few years ago, after the false allegations of rape were made public ,has coloured my opinion of you. Of course that means nothing to you but it spoke volumes about the kind of person you are.

I would print them for all the world to see , no doubt some on here would be shocked by what you wrote and your own description of what you were screaming out that day but then, that would make me similar in some way to you. That is something I'd abhor.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Painin the Haas
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.