Broncos Vrs Manly - Build up

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
tough game coming up for us against Manly next Sunday at Brookvale.

01. Hoffman
02. Winterstein
03. Glenn
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh
06. Lockyer
07. Wallace
08. Tronc
09. McCullough
10. Kenny
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Dodds
16. Gillett
17. Setu

we really need to be in range of the Se Eagles at half time, because i think we can score some points against them in the second half. their second halves this year haven't been all that good but during the first half they have been getting decent leads.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Broncos by 10.... Folau to score 3

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Lyons looks like he wont be there, as does Matai.

We might be a good chance to cause an upset in this one 8-)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Hoffman
2. Winterstien
3. Gillett
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Tronc
9. Hunt
10. Setu
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. McCullough
16. Kenny
17. Sims

18th Dodds

Our backrow is so powerful I think if we continue to show up with the right attitude we should get the win. Still need to work on our defence through the week especially in the middle of the field where we seem to get split open alot.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
The Broncos SHOULD win this game IMO. They way Manly played against Cowboys especially 2nd half was dreadful. All be it they had some injuries (welcome to the Broncos world Manly) but they had that game won and almost through it away. I love Hunt and think he is a good player but if he is only going to play 15mins then he is not worth having him on the bench IMO. My tean would be

1. Hoffman
2. Winter
3. Glen
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Troncs
9. Hunt (has to be a starter so McCollough can be an impact player otherwise he doesnt make the team at all)
10. Setu
11. Teo
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. McCollough
15. Dodds
16. Gillet
17. Kenny

I really think either Hunt starts or he doesnt play at all. When Anderson is fit again then for mine the extra back drops off the bench and we go with Gillet, Dodds, Kenny, Anderson.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Do we play at Brookie every year?? I mostly remember us going to Brookie without our origin stars. TBH Brookie doesn't worry me I think the boys have turned the corner and are up to the challenge of playing Manly at Brookie. Also a Sunday arvo game will suit our style of play.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
We played at home last year, didn't we? (remember "those" Lyon tries?)

They will be missing both their starting centres and possibly Kieran Foran (not sure about his hammy), so this will be as big a chance as we'll get at Brookvale. A win there would put us not only well on track to the finals, but a possible top 4 spot.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Beating Manly would go a long way towards convincing me that we have turned a corner and are a chance this year.

Even being competitive with them (not losing by a lot) would be good.

Forwards will have to have a big game.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
we are currently sitting in 7th on the ladder... if the Roosters beat the Titans tomorrow, we will be in 8th

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
We can beat Manly. Even with Lyon and Matai, I reckon.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We won at Brookvale a couple of years ago but from memory the record there is poor. From memory when we've played there recently it's been without our Origin stars. Hopefully with a fit team we can edge them out.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
That's amazing considering where we were less than a month ago... [eusa_clap.gi

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Amazing what a few wins can do.

TBH the boys were always putting in effort this year even when we were playing shit so it was bound to turn around.

It's fucking amazing how good this club is, so many teams fall in and out of the finals and have terrible years but the Broncos have made the finals every year for the past 18ish+ years, amazing.

Last year was meant to be a "re-building" year and we fell one game short (fucking melbourne scummy cheating ****!) of a grand final and this year is a "re-building" year and we have just won 3 games in a row 2 against some of the competitions form teams.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
This probably will sound silly, but based on their display last night, I would argue that the Sharks are one of those in form teams too. If it wasn't for Tim Smith, the result would probably have been much closer and deservedly so.
I for one am very glad that Locky backed up :!:

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nah it's not silly, I wouldn't say they're a "good" team but they've been in alright form, not walkovers by any means.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Any news on Scott Anderson and Nick Kenny. If both are fit who gets dropped?? I'm thinking Hunt will drop off the bench with Sims to allow our bench to look like

14. Gillet
15. Dodds
16. Kenny
17. Anderson

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Donny said:
Any news on Scott Anderson and Nick Kenny. If both are fit who gets dropped?? I'm thinking Hunt will drop off the bench with Sims to allow our bench to look like

14. Gillet
15. Dodds
16. Kenny
17. Anderson

I think Hunt will stay on the bench... Dodds possibly dropping off

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • teampjta
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.