Broncos Vrs Roosters - Build up

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Monday night game at Lang Park, i'll be there (who else is going :D )

I was really impressed with our goal line defence against the Titans, but we let them get too many meters up the middle, so we need to tighten that up.

also, i think we need more go forward, so one of Kenny or Dodds to drop off, not sure who to bring in though.

Kenny and Tronc should both be in the team but not start together they basically play the same game we need some variety! I like Dodds but he offers very little in attack I would drop him off the bench and bring back Setu or Anderson.

Two months ago i would of said that we have an easy run home into the finals but i cant say thay anymore.
In the next 7 weeks we have to Play the warriors away and Eels, Roosters and Dragons at home.

Has to be one of the hardest run homes. I think we could afford to lose two or three tops. I wouldnt want to srape into the eight and then have to play the Dragons at home in the first week of the finals.

This shows the importance of this game. We cant afford to lose this game.

Cant see the team changing at all TBH. Ivan wont change it!

Except for giving Hunt more game time, team doesn't have to change really.

Line speed in defence has to go up quite a few notches or Carney and Pearce will create holes in a static line with a lot of empty space behind it.

If the Tits had Campbell at 6, Bird at lock, then Prince wouldn't have had to be forced to try to be Alfie/Johns/Locky all at once. He actually looked stupid out there trying to do it all alone. With Campbell at 6, they would have exposed our soft, slow, fat belly in the middle, and quite likely beaten us.

Thaiday or T'eo to run at Carney all game.

Most likely the same team will be selected, possibly Anderson coming in for someone like Dodds, but I expect the same team to be named on Tuesday afternoon.

db1459 said:
Bring Setu back in for Kenny IMO.
Agreed*. Doods line speed and tackling technique in d is too good to miss, but we need something in attack, which Setu will bring.

* As long as he doesn't have brain snaps.

I would love to see this team but i dobut it would happen

1. Hoffman
2. Winter
3. Glen
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Tronc
9. Hunt
10. Setu
11. Teo
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillet
15. Kenny
16. Anderson
17. Dodds/McGuire

Time to see if Hunt can play the full 80mins against the Rosters!!!!

Roosters defense is pretty shaky, we just need to defend half decent and we should be able to win this.

audragon said:
db1459 said:
Bring Setu back in for Kenny IMO.
Agreed*. Doods line speed and tackling technique in d is too good to miss, but we need something in attack, which Setu will bring.

* As long as he doesn't have brain snaps.

Yep. There is the mobility factor as well. Setu has good speed which balances it out with Tronc there. The Titans really targeted us up the middle and they were pretty successful with it. They were making a lot of ground each set.

Our attack should destroy the Roosters IMO, we will see what happens though.. Izzy is due for a big one and I expect Lockyer to carve them up.

Watched the Roosters vs Bulldogs game on 9 today. What a game! About a million points and I thought Anasta was going slug Gavin Badger a couple of times! The chooks have some good attacking weapons, but they did let in 5 tries. if we score 5 then our defence will cover that no worries IMO.

Agree about our line speed - if we can get in their face and shut down Pierce/Carney and Anasta we should be right. I think that we defend well on the edges (better than the dogs anyway) so if we can sure-up the middle and, as always, minimise our mistakes I reckon the roll to September will continue. C'mon boys!!! icon_thumbs_u

The only thing we need to be wary of, is their utilisation of Anasta as a 3rd playmaker. He had a few calls going against him today, but was very good for them.
We have the attack potency to match them, but like others said, their defense is pretty shaky though, and that will hopefully win us the game.

The ladder is so congested that we can't afford to slip. Good thing the Knights got hammered and look like they're goners for the season, might make it easier for us when we go there, where it's always tough for us...

As has already been mentioned, as long as our defence stays strong like it has in recent weeks, we should roll the Rooters quite easily IMO

I am not so sure that we'll win this as easily as some of you suggest.

There's very little chance that this is going to be an easy one. We have our work cut out for us.

I agree with those who say it comes down to our defence. If we can limit the opportunities the Roosters have to attack our line, then our own attack will be good enough to bust their defence.

But if we make the kind of mistakes we made in our own half against the Titans we're going to struggle, big time.

Yep, no more silly mistakes for the love of all humanity. I'm sick of seeing them.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • heartly87
  • jd87
  • K-Style
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.