Broncos Vrs Roosters - Match Thread.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Anonymous person said:
and just think - if he hadve gotten the intercept, youd all be singing his praises for it.

Be kinda silly if we didn't praise him for it wouldn't it?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
draggx said:
Anonymous person said:
and just think - if he hadve gotten the intercept, youd all be singing his praises for it.

Be kinda silly if we didn't praise him for it wouldn't it?
i just think its silly to bag someone for trying something that you wouldve called them a genius for doing if it came off, especially when theyre only a very young first grader.

Rocky, im merely pointing out that even though he might have made the wrong choice on this one occasion, for the last 4 years pretty much all we had when it came to 1-on-1 with the fullback was wrong choices - so i wouldnt worry about Hoffman saving 3 tries with absolute pearlers but then letting 1 through with a wrong choice.

of course you didnt get that, since you instantly went into FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU rage mode.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
You can hardly blame him though AP, sometimes you just beg for it.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
AP isn't wrong though.
Was it Moi Moi that he tried to shoulder charge last year? hahahaha that was so bad.
Hoffman is awesome, he has well and truly replaced Hunt and for his wage he's 10x better value to the club as well.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Hunts shoulder chargers increased with his confidence as a player... For all we know Hoffman could start pulling the same shit in 2yrs time.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
draggx said:
Hunts shoulder chargers increased with his confidence as a player... For all we know Hoffman could start pulling the same shit in 2yrs time.
That is true, it was a shit habbit that he picked up.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Can I ask, which fullback in the game (and I have to ask this) would be able to stop Moi Moi running right at you at full pace? If you go for the legs (which according to some people thought would be better), there is absolutely no way you'll make a tackle on him. At most, you'll stop the momentum if you fall off the tackle. So at the end of the day, both techniques will slow the momentum.

Add to that, going for the legs would enable him to get a pass away to supporting players.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Tackling him (MOI MOI)correctly and stopping him dead in his tracks is possible and could be achieved by many quality players. That parts certain but can only happen when the contact and balance point is perfect. Needless to say getting to the body positions required for both players is where the difficulty lays. Feet planted weight going forward shoulder driven into cm or two above the hip and correct alignment of the tacklers spine and thighs/legs to allow the force to be absorbed and bingo. At least he's stopped. There used to be quite a few forwards and some backs around who hit like that.

Karmichael Hunt was a real good fullback and most knew enough to run away rather than towards him. He also inspired confidence with at times absolute ferocity in his returns. I thought, at one time, he was insane to keep getting up and going full pelt into defences. I think WB asked him to consider a little self preservation and I was glad. He was becoming too Martin Lang like. Whatever your personal opinion may be of KH he was an excellent Bronco.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
The Rock said:
Shoulder charge? No, he through himself in front of Moi Moi to try and stop him. It didn't stop him but it haulted his momentum.

Can I ask, which fullback in the game (and I have to ask this) would be able to stop Moi Moi running right at you at full pace? If you go for the legs (which according to some people thought would be better), there is absolutely no way you'll make a tackle on him. At most, you'll stop the momentum if you fall off the tackle. So at the end of the day, both techniques will slow the momentum.
no, he shoulder charged him lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzTb4RivvY

pretty much every fullback in the game would be able to tackle moi moi from there. he wasnt running directly at him, he was coming from the side, so an around the legs tackle wouldve cut him down no problems. hell, go around the waist if you want - anything is better than trying to shoulder charge a guy twice your size.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Am I going insane or is this a Broncos v Roosters match thread and we are now talking about a Broncos v Parramatta match and a play involving someone who doesn't even play for us anymore?

FWIW AP, bringing Moi Moi down in that situation is a lot more difficult than you seem to think. I'd be certain there'd be quite a few fullbacks who wouldn't have made the tackle.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
forget moi moi, that is a tough ask BUT i remember a game either last year or the year before where he tried the same shot on kimmorley and kimmorley floored him lol. now that is bad

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Emma said:
FWIW AP, bringing Moi Moi down in that situation is a lot more difficult than you seem to think. I'd be certain there'd be quite a few fullbacks who wouldn't have made the tackle.

Is there anything in the rulebook about the use of elephant guns?

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Are you guys actually serious with this conversation??

One more Hunt-related post and the thread will be locked and the poster will cop a warning.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'm a bit unsure what the warnings about because I did'nt see anything in the posts that would cause what appears to be , a massive over-reaction. That said I must assume there is some sort of nasty history attached to discussing the person who cannot be named. I myself have never been party to abusing or defending the person who cannot be named but still feel he was a good servant and wish him well in the future. Would'nt mind knowing why this reaction has occurred but I guess opinions must have been strongly divided over him and strong abuse was used.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe you should use your massive intelligence to figure it out, cause it's blindingly obvious to everyone else.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
So, that's right then is it. there's been problems in the past ??

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • Culhwch
  • MrMoore
  • Rambstien
  • Johnny92
  • johnyE
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.