Broncos Vrs Roosters - Match Thread.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
We are not locking up the ball, so many offloads.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
frustrating game to watch despite the good late comeback...

mann Winterstein needs some high ball training or something...hes exposed himself for every team to kick at him with his crap hands under the highball..and yeah the team who wanted it more were the ones doing the 1 percenters...diving for the loose ball constantly

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
One of the worst 50 minute performances I've ever seen. It's a wonder the Roosters weren't 40 in front at that point. No energy, no structure, no direction, no go forward, no heart in defence. Awful.

If the Broncos can play with the energy they showed in the 20 minutes after that, for a full 80, they'd be contenders.

And they better be like that next week. If we play like tonight the Dragons will analrapise us.

Hunt and Wallace were awful at hooker/first receiver. Gillett was awful out wide, trying to offload all the time, and all of them were shit. Winterstein is abysmal under the high ball.

Honestly, disgraceful effort, and I'm glad the Roosters won because we did not deserve to win.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":tz4akfn0]Copley is out for the year and Beale isn't a winger as shown in Round 1.

Great try by Winter tonight, but hey I bet Mitch Rivett would have scored that one hey guys.

Just a though, no need to get all bitchy. Winter is just a massive Liability under the high ball.[/quote:tz4akfn0]

Thought Winter deserved some praise for that.

But you're right that left hand side is extremely shakey under the high ball. I don't think we have any other alternatives though who could fix it. I actually think Glenn needs to protect Winterstein more though. Winter has always got to compete mid-air and it's having an obvious effect on his ability.

P

pantherz9103

Jun 15, 2008
GCBRONCO said:
Kaz said:
If I kill Greg Alexander, will I be charged with murder or get an award.

You will get awarded murder of the year award icon_thumbs_u

Then I would get life for murdering Justin Hodges as a reprisal, but it'd be worth it [icon_evillaugh

My parents are Broncos fans but even they conceded it was a dud call the 'try' to Folau.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
pantherz9103 said:
GCBRONCO said:
Kaz said:
If I kill Greg Alexander, will I be charged with murder or get an award.

You will get awarded murder of the year award icon_thumbs_u

Then I would get life for murdering Justin Hodges as a reprisal, but it'd be worth it [icon_evillaugh

My parents are Broncos fans but even they conceded it was a dud call the 'try' to Folau.

Meh kill Hodges tbh I'm not even that big of a fan of his so I wouldn't be missing much [icon_wink

And yeah that was a dud call on that try, but there were a number of dud call against us too, which happens but in the end the better side won on the night.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Game reminds me of our lose to the knights earlier. Horrible for most of the game with a flash of brilliance.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Have to praise Hoffman's defence tonight.

Score could have been a lot worse.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
One of the worst 50 minute performances I've ever seen. It's a wonder the Roosters weren't 40 in front at that point. No energy, no structure, no direction, no go forward, no heart in defence. Awful.

If the Broncos can play with the energy they showed in the 20 minutes after that, for a full 80, they'd be contenders.

And they better be like that next week. If we play like tonight the Dragons will analrapise us.

Hunt and Wallace were awful at hooker/first receiver. Gillett was awful out wide, trying to offload all the time, and all of them were shit. Winterstein is abysmal under the high ball.

Honestly, disgraceful effort, and I'm glad the Roosters won because we did not deserve to win.

Lol coxy has just unleashed icon_smile

I agree with the 50mins being some of the worst in a long time.

I thought Gillet was good, but he did push two passes that resulted in knock on's. Winter was dreadful under the high ball. I dont know whats happened to him this year. Last year he was great under the high ball.

I think a real positive from tonight was Hoffmans defence. He was outstanding and was Billy Slater like in stopping two tries.

Im disapointed but i can really see us being up for the Dragons on a Sunday arvo. Big injury with Teo being out for 6 weeks though. Im guessing Gillet will start and Anderson or Setu will come back in. My guess will be Setu

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
Bleh...what a game. Just when you come to terms with the fact we were getting towelled we make a comeback of mammoth proportions and actually lead the game only to lose. It was like losing twice ffs! We showed no patience in attack and our defence was all over the place. Hoffman was good, Gillett was his usual self and I thought McGuire showed some good aggression again. Not much else to say other than my head hurts from hitting it against the wall...

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Definitely didn't deserve to win that game. We were disgusting from the 5th minute to the 52nd minute. I still don't like Kenny & Tronc up front to start the game, there is no impact in attack (especially). As much as Sims has his doubters he is needed in the opening exchanges.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Kenny and Tronc are not aggressive enough, I think we need to move Thaiday into the middle early on because our big guns are powder puffs and we get rolled in attack and defense early week after week.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Mister Wright said:
Definitely didn't deserve to win that game. We were disgusting from the 5th minute to the 52nd minute. I still don't like Kenny & Tronc up front to start the game, there is no impact in attack (especially). As much as Sims has his doubters he is needed in the opening exchanges.

Why isnt Setu starting at prop. When we won 5 in a row Setu was starting at prop. He should be starting and Kenny can come off the bench IMO.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
If we had Moi Moi and Lima instead of Kenny and Tronc we would be the best side in the comp by an absolute mile, our props just don't have the strength to push into the defense and either stay there or make further ground they both consistently get pushed back and/or dominated.

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
The Brizz said:
If we had Moi Moi and Lima instead of Kenny and Tronc we would be the best side in the comp by an absolute mile, our props just don't have the strength to push into the defense and either stay there or make further ground they both consistently get pushed back and/or dominated.

x2

How good was Mose Masoe from the Roosters? Absolute wrecking ball.

I though Tronc was pretty good. Kenny was woeful yet again. I have no idea why he waltzed into the team over Setu and Sims who have done far more this season.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
It boggles my mind, Henjak must like his work rate because that is all he has going for him. His hitups are atrocious and he is a lazy defender either makes big hits or doesn't get involved at all.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Tronc was shown out tonight, he is too big and slow on his feet and was shown out by our lack of wrapping the ball up and slowing the play the balls down, meaning the Rooters were coming at us in waves.

Macca showed no commitment at the end there when the Rooters toed through that lose ball he was over the ball and all he had to do was fall on it with 90 seconds to go, 20 metres out, he did not and end of game. Hunt struggled with the extra game time.

Winterstein comes out in the press giving himself a wrap re wanting an NZ spot, and look at your effort mate, crap, hope the Kiwis pick you. We missed Te'o when he got injured.

Oh well only 5 days and we do it all again, and Benny comes home again

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosMan
  • Midean
  • bert_lifts
  • Cavalo
  • Spooky1013
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Volvo Driver
  • MrMoore
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Gobroncos
  • Sproj
  • Howie
  • Manofoneway
... and 40 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.