Broncos Vrs Storm - Build Up.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Not much we can change with the lack of personnel at the moment. All we can hope for is the attitude to turnaround.

It did last year after being flogged 56-0...I would hope surrendering a 22-12 lead against a shit team like Newcastle would be enough of an inspiration to lift their game.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
What I am hoping is an attitude adjustment from the players from the flogging they are going to get this weekend. Lets hope it finally give them some fire. Maybe Ivan snaps and starts taking names instead of rubbing them on the back and saying "It's alright, we'll try harder next time". I am hoping for something positive to come out of it. Who knows, maybe what you said about losing the 10 point lead we had on Newcastle is enough to make them fire up this game.... but I doubt it.

T

TWU_1

BRL Player
Oct 14, 2009
noisetheory said:
melbourne do have six players backing up from friday night. if we've got any sort of a chance this week MIGHT be it.

They have 8

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Not much we can change with the lack of personnel at the moment. All we can hope for is the attitude to turnaround.

It did last year after being flogged 56-0...I would hope surrendering a 22-12 lead against a shit team like Newcastle would be enough of an inspiration to lift their game.

I was hoping that weak display in front of our home crowd against the Warriors would provide inspiration for a lift in their game!!

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not sure who is in doubt but Mitch Rivett is on stand by for the game on Sunday

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
BroncoMatt said:

it would have to be Kemp, he left the ground against the Knights clutching his ribs. but why Rivett when Beale is 18th man, i would have thought he would have just slotted straight in.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
BroncoMatt said:
Could be Folau who has a corked thigh.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
nopatience101 said:
BroncoMatt said:
Could be Folau who has a corked thigh.

I have a feeling he would be desperate to play. especially after being overlooked for the Australian team, with the selectors claiming form is the reason (even though his attacking stats are superior to both Lyon and Inglis).

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Foordy said:
BroncoMatt said:

it would have to be Kemp, he left the ground against the Knights clutching his ribs. but why Rivett when Beale is 18th man, i would have thought he would have just slotted straight in.
Unless Beale is playing, Kenny is still under a cloud apparently.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
TWU_1 said:
noisetheory said:
melbourne do have six players backing up from friday night. if we've got any sort of a chance this week MIGHT be it.

They have 8

hmm. cant even see that kiwi bloke named in the storm side, so i guess its 7 icon_smile

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
BroncoMatt said:

I'd prefer to see Michaels on the wing than Rivett!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
BroncoMatt said:

Big call there, Beads.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:
BroncoMatt said:

Big call there Beads.

I know but Michaels hiding on the wing offers more in attack than Rivett. It is like picking which pile of turd you want eat with those 2.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Michaels offers nothing in attack, he always dies with the ball and doesn't know how to pass. Rivett is the better option, not by much but still better not to mention he has an excuse because he's inexperienced.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
Michaels offers nothing in attack, he always dies with the ball and doesn't know how to pass. Rivett is the better option, not by much but still better not to mention he has an excuse because he's inexperienced.

If Michaels was on the wing who cares if he dies with the ball!! I really can't say what I feel right now!! [icon_ee

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
It's rumoured that Spence is going to debut this week for Kenny who is expected to be out. I also heard the same about Rivett on another forum but I also heard there are only 2 players on standby which doesn't make much sense because we also have Beale as 18th man... Unless Kenny has already been ruled out so they are only counting Beale and Rivett? Ehh...

Anyways I'm stoked to see Spence debut if it's true. It's unfortunate that it's for Kenny but I really like Spence.

I'd like to see Rivett have a go again, he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets from most Broncos fans. Copley would be my first choice replacement though, I don't know why he keeps being overlooked.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I thought Beale was on the bench?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm interested, how much of Spence have you seen lyn?

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • RolledOates
  • Galah
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.