Broncos Vrs Storm - Build Up.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think the team for this match is ok although I doubt Lockyer will play so that means Norman in the 6. Also would like to see Baptiste given a chance to play we need a hooker.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Agreed beads.

Y'know when I recommended Michaels last week I had a total mind freeze, in hindsight I would've preferred Copley who for me at least has a future in the centres and has some speed. It probably isn't worth playing him now against a ridiculously 'good' side like the Storm but in future games I'd have him in the centres before Te'o.

And yes, I'd rather Baptiste before Beale.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
Agreed beads.

Y'know when I recommended Michaels last week I had a total mind freeze, in hindsight I would've preferred Copley who for me at least has a future in the centres and has some speed. It probably isn't worth playing him now against a ridiculously 'good' side like the Storm but in future games I'd have him in the centres before Te'o.

And yes, I'd rather Baptiste before Beale.

Yep I agree regarding Copley, I feel Beale and Michaels have the same problems in defence but Beale is more versatile.

T

tallis12

NYC Player
Mar 10, 2008
Well firstly i am sick of 90 percent of this forum saying we are going to get flogged by the storm and not having any faith in your team at all, Dont call yourself a true Brisbane Bronco fan, And with that type of attitude dont even bother watching the game i say.

I think the side looks alright this week, not many changes which is good to see.

I think there may be a few positional changes come kick-off depending who comes through the test match etc.

And Anderson to the bench in place for Dodds, who played well last week.

I agree with a few of you in that i would have given Baptiste a shot this week, we need a full time hooker until Macca comes back and Glenn could have come off the bench to play 9 if needed.

Good to see Kenny back in action, will give us abit more up front, he is definitely the forward leader of the pack.

As for Sims i would like too see him back, but if he's not aiming up in Qld cup he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Anyway overall this game is a winnable one, we just have to aim up in defence and attack.

I wouldn't be surprised if we fire up and take the much needed two points home this week, UP THE BRONCOS !! :D

<3 Tallis12.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Beale seems like a fullback to me - just not a very good one.

He needs to get proper game time in the centres else where and he needs to work on some areas of his game. I'm not too concerned, the dude is only 20 and he's had a number of debilitating injuries, if he can persevere he may make something of himself as a football player.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
tallis12 said:
Well firstly i am sick of 90 percent of this forum saying we are going to get flogged by the storm and not having any faith in your team at all, Dont call yourself a true Brisbane Bronco fan, And with that type of attitude dont even bother watching the game i say.
I don't see why I can't be a Broncos fan and a realist.

Sorry, but I just don't think we can beat the Storm. Even on our best of days with a full strength team it would be a tough ask. Would be incredibly awesome if we did though.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yep, nothing wrong with expecting defeat.

Hoping for defeat though...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
Beale seems like a fullback to me - just not a very good one.

He needs to get proper game time in the centres else where and he needs to work on some areas of his game. I'm not too concerned, the dude is only 20 and he's had a number of debilitating injuries, if he can persevere he may make something of himself as a football player.

Yep he is more a fullback five- eighth. He would do well at fullback IMO but he has too many players ahead og him at the Broncos.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
user_nat said:
tallis12 said:
I don't see why I can't be a Broncos fan and a realist.

Sorry, but I just don't think we can beat the Storm. Even on our best of days with a full strength team it would be a tough ask. Would be incredibly awesome if we did though.

Yep I am sick of hearing clowns tell me I am not a true Bronco fan because I am not afraid to criticise them. Get your head out of your ar$e this is the real world and I am just expressing how I feel the Broncos will go on the weekend!!

T

tallis12

NYC Player
Mar 10, 2008
I understand what your all saying, im not expecting the boys to beat a very fired up Storm side.

But 100 percent writing them off is just stupid, nothings impossible.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I like your attitude and I agree. As crap as we are going at the moment, I still have hope we can jag a win.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
tallis12 said:
I understand what your all saying, im not expecting the boys to beat a very fired up Storm side.

But 100 percent writing them off is just stupid, nothings impossible.

If we win on Sunday it would be classed as a miracle IMO.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I always have hope we can win. I'm just realistic to know when it's unlikely.

Hell, we had hope to beat the Storm in the finals in 2007. But in my heart I expected a flogging...though 40-0 was hard to swallow.

And while I expect a similar scoreline this week (maybe no 0, but could see the Storm rack up 40) I certainly don't hope for that!

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'll just be happy if we show a lot more commitment in defense, and don't get beaten by a big scoreline.

Baby steps at this stage

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
bronco_babe77 said:
Jeb!! What's with all this hatin on Kemp??

I thought you understood me [icon_frown

I do understand you, just don't rate Kemp [icon_wink What's for dinner tonight???

Coxy said:
Why would there be? He didn't do anything in Q Cup on the weekend to my knowledge.

He did jack all, don't think I even saw him on the field.

because there were only 2 games and Norths didn't play [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hahahahahahaha, exactly.

He hasn't even played for 2 weeks, how can he deserve a call up now?

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
bronco_babe77 said:
Jeb!! What's with all this hatin on Kemp??

I thought you understood me [icon_frown

I do understand you, just don't rate Kemp [icon_wink What's for dinner tonight???

Nothing for you tonight [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Allo
  • TimWhatley
  • Galah
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.