Broncos Vrs Storm - Build Up.

Big_Dave said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1o9mait7][quote="Big_Dave":1o9mait7]Sailor and Tuqiri set the bar for wingers.
Both could sniff out a try, however the one thing that set them apart from other wingers back in the day was that they both helped the forwards out.
Kemp doesn't do this. or when he does, he'll jog it back and gets dominated.
He does well when there are gaps on offer, but when it comes to the hard gritty stuff helping the forwards out he goes into his shell.
I just wish he would dart out of dummyhalf with some pace and get the set of six rolling with a quick play the ball.

LOL comparing Kemp with Tuqiri and Sailor...[/quote:1o9mait7]

My point exactly.
Kemp is just another Stu Kelly; goes great where there are overlaps[/quote:1o9mait7]

OMG!! [icon_ee

Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kemp has scored more tries than Yow Yeh and Winterstein so far this season...

Not going to correct you, nor am I going to try and convince you that Yow Yeh and Winterstein have been better (because they have all been pretty shit) but there's no way anyone can convince me that for all but around 1 minute of 2010 that Kemp has shown he is the best winger at the club.

Frankly the best winger at the club is Folau, and the others are all about the same.

Coxy said:
Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kemp has scored more tries than Yow Yeh and Winterstein so far this season...

Not going to correct you, nor am I going to try and convince you that Yow Yeh and Winterstein have been better (because they have all been pretty shit) but there's no way anyone can convince me that for all but around 1 minute of 2010 that Kemp has shown he is the best winger at the club.

Frankly the best winger at the club is Folau, and the others are all about the same.

Agree 100% although I know which bloke I'd want playing in my team.

Stu Kelly days at the Eels is reminiscent of Kemps 2008 Pepsi So Fresh Best Of

Oh man, I have never ever tipped against the Broncos but now I'm tempted to. :(

I will probably end up tipping us though haha.

The Rock said:
[quote="Big_Dave":12qwpqfa][quote="Bucking Beads":12qwpqfa][quote="Big_Dave":12qwpqfa]Sailor and Tuqiri set the bar for wingers.
Both could sniff out a try, however the one thing that set them apart from other wingers back in the day was that they both helped the forwards out.
Kemp doesn't do this. or when he does, he'll jog it back and gets dominated.
He does well when there are gaps on offer, but when it comes to the hard gritty stuff helping the forwards out he goes into his shell.
I just wish he would dart out of dummyhalf with some pace and get the set of six rolling with a quick play the ball.

LOL comparing Kemp with Tuqiri and Sailor...[/quote:12qwpqfa]

My point exactly.
Kemp is just another Stu Kelly; goes great where there are overlaps[/quote:12qwpqfa]

That's embarrassing. Did you even read that before you posted it?

That highlight video of Kemp is perfect proof that he's not just a winger with speed. Some people are dead blind if they can't see that.[/quote:12qwpqfa]

I can hear a lot of cane tapping in the background.

Like so much of our game this year, we have yet to learn how to set up a truly effective attacking player. Aside from Kemp, Folau is another classic example.

Round 13 against Melbourne, in Melbourne last year, we were sitting 2nd and had only lost 1 or 2 matches and people were talking about us for the premiership, we then went on to win 2 from our next 8. Let's hope that history doesn't repeat, but in fact get turned on its head.

Donny said:
Bucking Beads said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZI7EJKAkQ[/url]

I watch that video so i can see the broncos of old. Great team we had in 08. Wish we could bring them all back[/quote:2uvcmzr4]

And to think that year we got knocked out of the comp by cheats. We should be handed the premiership!

1 Hoffman
2 Kemp
3 Te'o
4 Folau
5 Yow Yeh
6 Lockyer
7 Hunt
8 Tronc
9 Glenn
10 Anderson
11 Setu
12 Thaiday
13 Parker

14 Norman
15 Kenny
16 Dodds
17 Lui
18 Beale

As per other thread ning posted this because he's a douche...Michaels dropped despite Yow Yeh's absolutely woeful effort. Funny. Michaels was far from good, but Yow Yeh single handedly gave up 2 tries...and oddly, that was the final margin.

First it was Hodges, then it was Tronc, now Yow Yeh is on the Coxy bandwagon of hate! [icon_wink

Michaels is there too! Don't misconstrue my mild defence of the incompetent ranga as an endorsement of his departure of the CBoH.

Coxy said:
As per other thread ning posted this because he's a douche...Michaels dropped despite Yow Yeh's absolutely woeful effort. Funny. Michaels was far from good, but Yow Yeh single handedly gave up 2 tries...and oddly, that was the final margin.

Any mention of Kemp's woeful attempt at difusing the cross-field bomb which lead to the first try? [icon_wink

is Winters still injured?

Yes, it was a poor attempt. However, he had also been dragged in field in order to scramble to recover from the break made down the left due to poor defence 60 metres away ;-)

Yow Yeh on the other hand fielded a bomb and then held the ball loosely, allowing it to be knocked out. And then his LOLZWORTHY attempt at that grubber...oh yes, let me attack it full pelt and kick it to the Knights guy running through. That was under 8s bad.

Yes but that's just the way Yow Yeh plays. He stopped plenty of attacking raids last year trying to do the same thing and came off looking brilliant.

Example in this clip at 0:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0h_EayLN6k

This time the bounce did him no favours. In saying that, I too would've preferred him just to dive on the ball.

Jeba said:
Yes but that's just the way Yow Yeh plays. He stopped plenty of attacking raids last year trying to do the same thing and came off looking brilliant.

Example in this clip at 0:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0h_EayLN6k

This time the bounce did him no favours. In saying that, I too would've preferred him just to dive on the ball.

Kemp would've. He's not afraid to put his body on the line like Yow Yeh is.............

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncoFan94
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dee
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Gaz
  • Nerd
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ezpz
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Howie
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.