Broncos Vrs Storm - Build Up.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Kemp goes well when there is an overlap. He's a finisher not much else. He's a winger and that is his job. So can't be too critical of him.
You won't see he break tackle with strength, or side step the opposition with great footwork.
Just look at the Titans wingers, same sort of players

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Kemp goes well when there is an overlap. He's a finisher not much else. He's a winger and that is his job. So can't be too critical of him.
You won't see he break tackle with strength, or side step the opposition with great footwork.
BS. He has done it a lot of times, just look at his youtube video...

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
broncospwn said:
Big_Dave said:

Are you going to bring up the soccer try? He is living off that try on these forums

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big_Dave said:

Mate you should watch this compilation of what Denan Kemp is capable of!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZI7EJKAkQ

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big_Dave said:
broncospwn said:
[quote="Big_Dave":25f3aor7]Kemp goes well when there is an overlap. He's a finisher not much else. He's a winger and that is his job. So can't be too critical of him.

Are you going to bring up the soccer try? He is living off that try on these forums[/quote:25f3aor7]

Nobody gives a $hit about the soccer try mate.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
Big_Dave said:

Anything on youtube of Kemp in 2009?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
How about the tries against Roosters and Storm in the finals in 08? Busted through tackles to do it. Matchwinning try against Parra...had to show strength to get to the corner. Help me out with other examples pwn and bucker.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
That compilation is a joke.
Have a look at 1:46. Nice highlight right there.
Have a look at 5:56. He was dragged over the sideline. Really special right there.
The clip also shows him catching a few bombs [icon_ee

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Jeba said:
broncospwn said:
Big_Dave said:

Anything on youtube of Kemp in 2009?
I'm not saying he has done it recently but he is saying he's not the sort of player who does it when he has done it heaps.

Coxy Melbourne game I think during the normal season, passed through the whole team and he was the only one to poke through, there is others I can't remember too.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Big_Dave said:
That compilation is a joke.
Have a look at 1:46. Nice highlight right there.
Have a look at 5:56. He was dragged over the sideline. Really special right there.
The clip also shows him catching a few bombs [icon_ee
So who do you reckon is a better winger at the club and what do you have to back it up?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
How about the tries against Roosters and Storm in the finals in 08? Busted through tackles to do it. Matchwinning try against Parra...had to show strength to get to the corner. Help me out with other examples pwn and bucker.

They were a long time ago now though. He can't just keep living on past glory when he is currently showing NOTHING.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kemp has scored more tries than Yow Yeh and Winterstein so far this season...

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kemp has scored more tries than Yow Yeh and Winterstein so far this season...

Thats quite a scary fact actually. And kinda highlights how shitty we are.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:

Not going to correct you, nor am I going to try and convince you that Yow Yeh and Winterstein have been better (because they have all been pretty shit) but there's no way anyone can convince me that for all but around 1 minute of 2010 that Kemp has shown he is the best winger at the club.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Sailor and Tuqiri set the bar for wingers.
Both could sniff out a try, however the one thing that set them apart from other wingers back in the day was that they both helped the forwards out.
Kemp doesn't do this. or when he does, he'll jog it back and gets dominated.
He does well when there are gaps on offer, but when it comes to the hard gritty stuff helping the forwards out he goes into his shell.
I just wish he would dart out of dummyhalf with some pace and get the set of six rolling with a quick play the ball.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Sailor and Tuqiri set the bar for wingers.
Both could sniff out a try, however the one thing that set them apart from other wingers back in the day was that they both helped the forwards out.
He does well when there are gaps on offer, but when it comes to the hard gritty stuff helping the forwards out he goes into his shell.
I just wish he would dart out of dummyhalf with some pace and get the set of six rolling with a quick play the ball.

LOL comparing Kemp with Tuqiri and Sailor...

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big_Dave":wk3ao51p]Sailor and Tuqiri set the bar for wingers.

LOL comparing Kemp with Tuqiri and Sailor...[/quote:wk3ao51p]

My point exactly.
Kemp is just another Stu Kelly; goes great where there are overlaps

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Kemp is just another Stu Kelly; goes great where there are overlaps

Any validity your argument had, has just been lost.

Unread

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • levikaden
  • Galco
  • Skyblues87
  • Spooky1013
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Justwin
  • Lostboy
  • Jazza
  • Rowdy124
  • Browny
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.