Broncos Vrs Storm - Build Up.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Here is the team i would select for the Storm game. I think the Knights game actually showed us how important McCullough is to us. we have more direction when he is on the ground. so i think we need someone with some play making abilities in the hooking role and as much as i rate Glenn he is not the man. I would be tempted to move Locky to halfback for this game as he seems to be playing first receiver anyway. also i think Kemp may be out for this game with the way he was clutching those ribs on Friday but Winters should be back, and i don't think he should come back until he was 100% fit. Kenny is also due back according to the Injury report on the Broncos website. so that being said the team i would select for this games is:

01. Hoffman
02. Winterstein
03. Glenn
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh
06. Norman
07. Lockyer
08. Tronc
09. Hunt
10. Kenny
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Lui
15. Dodds
16. Anderson
17. Setu

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I don't wanna think about this game just yet [icon_frown

N

nelly77

U18 Player
Aug 7, 2009
Love ya work Foordy! I like the team you've selected - a bit left field in certain positions but what the hay, nothing else seems to be working too well lately.

Would be interested to see how Norman goes at 5/8....maybe he is our future in that position. That is of course dependent on Locky deciding if he would like to go ahead and try setting the 500 NRL game world record.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Melbourne will exploit our weakness up the guts as always. Scoreboard-wise, a thrashing is on the cards - but to be expected.

I just want to see us get to back to basics and learn to compete for the full 80 again.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think we need Te'o at left center (that is if Glenn is at dummy half again). If we have Michaels there it will be a lot easier for them to put 50+ on us.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Here is the team i would select for the Storm game. I think the Knights game actually showed us how important McCullough is to us. we have more direction when he is on the ground. so i think we need someone with some play making abilities in the hooking role and as much as i rate Glenn he is not the man. I would be tempted to move Locky to halfback for this game as he seems to be playing first receiver anyway. also i think Kemp may be out for this game with the way he was clutching those ribs on Friday but Winters should be back, and i don't think he should come back until he was 100% fit. Kenny is also due back according to the Injury report on the Broncos website. so that being said the team i would select for this games is:

01. Hoffman
02. Winterstein
03. Glenn
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh
06. Norman
07. Lockyer
08. Tronc
09. Hunt
10. Kenny
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Lui
15. Dodds
16. Anderson
17. Setu

Excellent team icon_thumbs_u

Norman at 6 ( or 7) and Hunt at 9 are light years better than what we've been using since Wallace and McCullough were injured.

IMO, this team is very competitive, provided we're tight up the middle and T'eo runs wide as an extra back.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
imagine Inglis lining up with Michaels........ has there ever been a score in the hundreds in rugby league?

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008
Good thing they normally play on opposite sides of the field

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Bah - this match is quite ridiculous if you ask me.

Here you have a young rookie team who really need to build up their NRL experience and they have to take on a team that are approx 700+ over the cap. It's rubbish.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This will be a hard game to watch IMO. Our only hope is for the Storm players to not back up from the test match. Lockyer won't back up that is for sure. I'd be picking Sims in the team that is for sure.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Melbourne are going to absolutely, and utterly annihilate and embarrass us.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Gosh I am really looking forward to this traditional rivals' clash! It's the '06 grand final replay! Let's go Broncos!

G

Gingerballs

BRL Player
Feb 20, 2010
gUt said:
Gosh I am really looking forward to this traditional rivals' clash! It's the '06 grand final replay! Let's go Broncos!
Me too, brother. Just think of all exciting match ups....

Slater v Hoffman
Inglis v Michaels
Cronk v Hunt
Smith v Glenn

Mouthwatering.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, I too am excited to see how the illegal Storm can dismantle our feeble game plan and defence.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Where is the game being played?

Yep looking forward to a team that's now 850,000 over the cap and counting to give us a football lesson.

Strom 69 - Broncos 6

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Browny it is being played in Melbourne at their new stadium

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Professor47 said:
Bah - this match is quite ridiculous if you ask me.

Here you have a young rookie team who really need to build up their NRL experience and they have to take on a team that are approx 700+ over the cap. It's rubbish.

Bah indeed!

But it's cool, Melbourne still have their "integrity" and "dignity"

What's new, Melbourne's made it their stock in trade to drill an understrength Broncos side while fielding illegal teams, what's new? Every prelim final victory for them really doesn't mean shit anymore - this is one game I'd really love to go to (though I'd prolly be killed while attending), particularly as there is no Storm game at Suncorp!

With any luck, a trashing will bind us as fans and a team even tighter against those cheats!

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.